KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Religion Forum » Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God

Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God
Started by: JacquelineDeane

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Surtur
Why are you comparing nuclear bombs to brain tumors? A nuclear bomb getting dropped is a result of choices people make. Nobody chooses to get a brain tumor though.

I am “not” comparing nuclear bombs to brain tumors.

I am using an analogy to “illustrate” spiritual Truth to help ArtificialGlory understand that children who have health issues (for instance, such as brain tumors), are “affected by” Adam’s sin, but they are “not” being punished for it.

You see, the “wrong choice” of “one man” (i.e. President Harry S. Truman) had “negative”, “adverse”, and “health-altering” effects on other people (including “children”)—but, that does “not” mean that the children are being punished.

“One man” (i.e. President Harry S. Truman) made a “wrong choice” to order atomic bombs to be dropped over Japanese cities.

That “wrong choice” affected “hundreds of thousands of people—including children”.

The wrong choice of “one man” was not the “fault” of children (i.e .they were “not” being punished).

However, even though children were “not” being punished for Truman’s “wrong choice”—they were “still” affected with “health issues” (i.e. cancer, burns, radiation sickness, Leukemia, and other injuries, compounded by illness and malnutrition) because of his “wrong act”.

Similarly, “One man” (i.e. Adam) made a “wrong choice” to sin.

That “wrong choice” affected “all people—including children”.

The wrong choice of “one man” was not the “fault” of children (i.e .they were “not” being punished).

However, even though children were “not” being punished for Adam’s “wrong choice” (i.e. sin/disobedience)—they were “still” affected with “health issues” (i.e. brain tumors, cancer, disorders, etc.) because of his “wrong act” (i.e. sin/disobedience).

But the “good news” is (like I’ve told you before) that even though Adam “disobeyed” God, the Lord Jesus (Who is referred to as the “last Adam”—“obeyed” God. The Lord Jesus did what Adam failed to do. Jesus Christ obeyed God—thus causing “everyone” Who “believes” in Him to be “born again”, and free from the “curse” of the law.

Again, through faith in the “Word of God”, and the “Name” of Jesus we can overcome “many” (right now, and eventually “all” at a later date), of the effects of the curse that Adam let into the world through his sin/disobedience.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:37 AM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

But again you shouldn't be using them in an analogy either. Do you get why that makes no sense?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:43 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

But again you shouldn't be using them in an analogy either. Do you get why that makes no sense?

You shouldn't be telling me what I should, or shouldn't be doing.

How would you feel if I told you you shouldn't be sinning?

Now, do you get why that makes no sense?

Are you judging me?

If so, who are you to judge me?

If you are judging me, please stop judging me.

Thanks.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_A7it_Mtk06Zo_pPB5ayGiUnsRxtgSUDvsqjxOk3SMg/edit

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 01:16 AM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 01:02 AM
JesusLovesYou is currently offline Click here to Send JesusLovesYou a Private Message Find more posts by JesusLovesYou Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
(please log in to view the image)

No, that is the devil.

You mean you don't know who is behind evil horror movies?

God has "nothing" to do with horror movies of any kind.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 01:22 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

Originally posted by JesusLovesYou
No, that is the devil.

You mean you don't know who is behind evil horror movies?

God has "nothing" to do with horror movies of any kind.

You mean you like to make assumptions about storytelling?

Sorry, but to me, religious texts of all kinds are as much fiction as any other fictional novel. And I am allowed to mock it.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 02:42 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

You mean you like to make assumptions about storytelling?

Sorry, but to me, religious texts of all kinds are as much fiction as any other fictional novel. And I am allowed to mock it.

The Bible is "not" a religious text.

It's the Word of the living God.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 04:26 AM
Darkstorm Zero

The Bible is "not" a religious text.

It's the Word of the living God.

Hence, by definition, a religious text.

You can play word games around that all you like, but the fact is, for that book to be the word of the living God to me automatically requires that I believe that God exists, hence I need faith in his existence.

Unfortunately, faith is worthless. Faith produced some of the worlds most terrible "truths". Faith is the leading cause of the discarding of rational thought in history, through to today.

Also, just as a side note, Adam's original sin seems to have spread it's influence to animals as well, creatures who did not commit original sin anywhere in it's history, and yet they still suffer death through disease. The logic you apply remains faulty.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 07:38 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Re: Hi, I would like to tell you about Jesus Christ, the only way to God

Originally posted by JacquelineDeane

So my dear friend, for your own eternal safety, I pray that you will accept Jesus Christ into your heart today, and make Him Lord over your life.

If you have done this, you need to find a Bible-believing church where you can grow in God's Word. And you also need to find out what God wants you to do with your life, so that you may serve Him.

Blessings,
Jacqueline

You are right but are missing the real message from Jesus.

This Bishop has a few words for you and your rather sick morality.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKN...bs_digest-vrecs

Now if you really want to be saved, follow what Jesus says here.

Matthew 6:22 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light.

John 14:23 Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.

Romans 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

You promote a church, but look at what the bible says of them.

Luke 11:52 Woe unto you, lawyers! for ye have taken away the key of knowledge: ye entered not in yourselves, and them that were entering in ye hindered.

Mark 7:13 Making the word of God of none effect through your tradition, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.

Lawyers in that day were the scripture writers but if you do not get that then ------ Isaiah 56:11) "They are shepherds who have no understanding; They have all turned to their own way, each on to his unjust gain, to the last one" But do not despair, for the day of judgment is at hand, for the day of judgment and the day of the LORD occupy the same time frame. All the dross will be burned away. (Zech 13:9) & (Malachi 3:3). In that day, "you will distinguish between the righteous and the wicked" (Malachi 3:18)

Seek Jesus my friend, but not the way the corrupted church and Christianity tells you to. Follow Jesus instead.

Regards
DL

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 11:46 AM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Yeah, this is nonsense. God allowed Adam's sin to contaminate the whole world and cause untold suffering for billions of innocents for many millennia. A just God would have limited the consequences to Adam and Adam alone.

There's also a huge difference between dropping nuclear bombs and murder, and a 2 year-old getting a brain tumor. The former two are results of free will by human beings, the latter is not.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 12:02 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Greatest I am

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory
Yeah, this is nonsense. God allowed Adam's sin to contaminate the whole world and cause untold suffering for billions of innocents for many millennia. A just God would have limited the consequences to Adam and Adam alone.

There's also a huge difference between dropping nuclear bombs and murder, and a 2 year-old getting a brain tumor. The former two are results of free will by human beings, the latter is not.

I hear you and agree with the thrust of your argument but you have to separate the lies the church propagates with what scriptures say. Scripture try to teach while churches deceive for the cash.

Ezekiel 18:20 The soul that sinneth, it shall die. The son shall not bear the iniquity of the father, neither shall the father bear the iniquity of the son: the righteousness of the righteous shall be upon him, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon him.

Deuteronomy 24:16 (ESV) "Fathers shall not be put to death because of their children, nor shall children be put to death because of their fathers. Each one shall be put to death for his own sin.

Ezekiel 18:20 (ESV) The soul who sins shall die. The son shall not suffer for the iniquity of the father, nor the father suffer for the iniquity of the son. The righteousness of the righteous shall be upon himself, and the wickedness of the wicked shall be upon himself.

Regards
DL

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 01:14 PM
Greatest I am is currently offline Click here to Send Greatest I am a Private Message Find more posts by Greatest I am Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

You shouldn't be telling me what I should, or shouldn't be doing.

I was merely suggesting you make sense. You don't have to follow my suggestions.

quote:
How would you feel if I told you you shouldn't be sinning?

Now, do you get why that makes no sense?

Are you judging me?

If so, who are you to judge me?

If you are judging me, please stop judging me.

Thanks.

Is this satire? In the event that it is not: I wouldn't care if you told me I shouldn't sin. I don't even see how telling a person they shouldn't sin would even be construed as wrong. It's a sin to kill people, should you not be told you shouldn't be doing it?

The catholic church also has a lot of experience of telling people what they should or should not be doing. They tell you that you should not sin. I went to catholic schools from grades K-12, and I heard it said often.

Also yeah I was judging you. People judge each other all the time so I'm not sure why some people seem to behave as if this isn't true. In this case, you put your actions on display on a public forum.

Last edited by Surtur on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 02:52 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 02:49 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

OP is officially a fanatic.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 05:41 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Hence, by definition, a religious text.

You can play word games around that all you like, but the fact is, for that book to be the word of the living God to me automatically requires that I believe that God exists, hence I need faith in his existence.

Unfortunately, faith is worthless. Faith produced some of the worlds most terrible "truths". Faith is the leading cause of the discarding of rational thought in history, through to today.

Also, just as a side note, Adam's original sin seems to have spread it's influence to animals as well, creatures who did not commit original sin anywhere in it's history, and yet they still suffer death through disease. The logic you apply remains faulty.

Faith is worthless?

You "believed" that if you typed words on this forum and submitted them, that they would show up in a thread.

And in light of that fact, you "acted on" that knowledge and did it.

True or false?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 08:14 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I just noticed the custom user title under his poster name. Lol.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 08:16 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

I was merely suggesting you make sense. You don't have to follow my suggestions.

Is this satire? In the event that it is not: I wouldn't care if you told me I shouldn't sin. I don't even see how telling a person they shouldn't sin would even be construed as wrong. It's a sin to kill people, should you not be told you shouldn't be doing it?

The catholic church also has a lot of experience of telling people what they should or should not be doing. They tell you that you should not sin. I went to catholic schools from grades K-12, and I heard it said often.

Also yeah I was judging you. People judge each other all the time so I'm not sure why some people seem to behave as if this isn't true. In this case, you put your actions on display on a public forum.

I make sense to a "lot" of people.

Because "you" didn't comprehend I wrote, it doesn't make sense?

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 08:17 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm at a loss as to why the words "lot" and "you" were put in quotes lol.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 08:22 PM
Impediment
Endless

The incredible overuse of quotation marks being used for emphasis reminds me of a hilarious scene from the comic book Preacher.

"IMPROPER USE OF QUOTATION MARKS, HOOVER!!!!"

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 08:34 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

Originally posted by ArtificialGlory

So what you’re saying is,

“Yeah, this is not nonsense. The United States of America allowed President Truman’s sin to contaminate Hiroshima and Nagasaki Japan and cause untold suffering for thousands of innocents (including children) for many years. A just United States of America would have limited the consequences to President Truman and President Truman alone.

Furthermore, you are saying that,

“There's also no difference between dropping nuclear bombs which murdered innocent children, and caused innocent, surviving children to have “health issues”, such as cancer, burns, radiation sickness, Leukemia, and other injuries, compounded by illness and malnutrition—and a 2-year-old children getting brain tumors through “the death-curse” that entered every aspect of the world, which murdered innocent 2-year-old children. The former two are results of President Truman’s free will, the latter is the result of Adam’s free will.

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 08:49 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 08:36 PM
JesusLovesYou
Christ CRUCIFIED for YOU

I'm at a loss as to why the words "lot" and "you" were put in quotes lol.

I made errors in my last reply to you.

I meant to write,

I make sense to "a lot" of people.

But because "you" didn't understand what I wrote, it doesn't make sense?

Last edited by JesusLovesYou on Jul 3rd, 2017 at 09:54 PM

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 09:51 PM
Darkstorm Zero

Faith is worthless?

You "believed" that if you typed words on this forum and submitted them, that they would show up in a thread.

And in light of that fact, you "acted on" that knowledge and did it.

True or false?

Scientific reliability is proven to work over blind faith in the unexplainable invisible all powerful yet completely hands off creator God.

You attempt to justify God's inaction and previous action with rhetorical nonsense that no sane person commits to. You say that God is all powerful and does not punish for prior sin, yet the stain of Adam's original sin makes his children suffer needlessly, even though he is fully capable of alleviating the innocent of that sin's unjustifiable effect. He is almighty, he has the power, yet refuses to act, even though the reasoning for his non-interferance is proven false innumerable times throughout the bible, including breaking his own rule when he not only allowed, but encouraged the wholesale slaughter of the Egyptians. A sin for a sin is still wrong, even for God.

This here is a historical fact - Religion was originally developed as an institutionalized control mechanism. It was developed by ancient governing bodies as a means to make the bright eyed superstitious masses of the time behave. "Do as you are expected and told by the faith or go to a horrible afterlife after we cut off your head". Every religion shares this exact formula.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2017 11:37 PM