KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Starro the conqueror vs. thor and BRB

Starro the conqueror vs. thor and BRB
Started by: DeadpoolXXX

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by darthgoober
Ah... yeah that's just sad. Makes you wonder why they ever tried a sequel.I'm glad they did because it eventually led to the series(which is what originally hooked me), but if the first one lost 10 mill internationally I certainly wouldn't have funded a second if I were a producer.
The critics at the time crucified it for the broken narrative time hopping, which I think made it and was groundbreaking.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:20 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Galan007
The franchise is a complete and utter mess from the first film onward. Ever other film made should have taken place(from a chronological POV) BEFORE the first film if they wanted to expand the franchise by introducing different immortals and such. At least THAT would have made more sense than random immortals popping up AFTER Connor had already won the prize and become the last immortal, lol.

The first film simply left NO real room for expansion in the typical 'Highlander' sense. Connor beat the game, and that's that.

See in theory I can accept the idea of a simple recton even in Cinema. But the fact that NONE of the movies tie together properly really freaking pisses me off. In Endgame, why the Hell didn't Conner have the power of illusion? Why didn't he have any of the psychic stuff he got early on in the FIRST movie? Why didn't Duncan have it in the last movie? And mostly,why the Hell did it turn out that Duncan was married a long time ago when the premise behind Tessa dying was that Duncan was destined to NEVER be be married?! Seriously, her death was tramatic as f*ck for me and they totally freaking ignored it!

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:29 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by darthgoober
See in theory I can accept the idea of a simple recton even in Cinema. But the fact that NONE of the movies tie together properly really freaking pisses me off. In Endgame, why the Hell didn't Conner have the power of illusion? Why didn't he have any of the psychic stuff he got early on in the FIRST movie? Why didn't Duncan have it in the last movie? And mostly,why the Hell did it turn out that Duncan was married a long time ago when the premise behind Tessa dying was that Duncan was destined to NEVER be be married?! Seriously, her death was tramatic as f*ck for me and they totally freaking ignored it!
and then we have Michael Ironside... wtf Alien origin, agreed Galan and Goobs or GnG it's a mess that only a reboot could sort out.

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 09:35 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
and then we have Michael Ironside... wtf Alien origin, agreed Galan and Goobs or GnG it's a mess that only a reboot could sort out.

The most tragic thing, is they could have fixed ALL of it if they'd handled the third movie right. Kane had the power of illusion right? So rather than just ignore everything that happened before they could have said that Kane escaped the cave a couple of years before the first movie and used to power to manipulate the Immortals from the first movie into believing the game was almost over in a plan to get Kurgen(his biggest threat) and Conner(who he hates because of him getting trapped in the cave) to fight. And the entire second movie was just an illusion that Kane cooked up to torture Conner after Kurgen was killed. He releases Conner from the illusion as he approaches Conner on the rooftop(passed out next to Kurgen), the girl is killed and Conner escapes by jumping/falling off the building, and the last hour or so of the movie goes just as it originally did EXCEPT that there's an extra scene at the end that skips forward a couple of months in time and leads to Conner meeting up with Duncan in the first episode of the series which actually came out two years before the 3rd movie. Bam!... everything tied up in one nice little bow. It wouldn't be perfect because rectons never are, but it would be a Hell of a lot better than just constantly ignoring everything the way they did. And it would have made Kane seem like a true mastermind and badass rather than a cheap villain of the week type.

Last edited by darthgoober on Jun 20th, 2017 at 10:10 PM

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 10:00 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Team wins

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jun 20th, 2017 10:25 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Starro. He's trans level, at least.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2017 01:32 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote