KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) vs Darth Maul (SoD)

Obi-Wan Kenobi (ROTS) vs Darth Maul (SoD)
Started by: DarthAnt66

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « First ... « 6 7 [8] 9 10 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

Says that as if A “whole episode” is such a long time to get used to brand new legs lmao.

He doesnt just need to get used to walking on them, but actually fighting with them. That seems to have been his first fight in them.

Heck he seemed pretty stiff (mobility wise) that whole episode. Certainly not on the mobility level he was at fighting Sidious 2 episodes later.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 12:56 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CuckedCurry

C’mon Thor why do you waste your talent on such filth, like

Hah

Maul 0_0

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 01:05 PM
Click here to Send CuckedCurry a Private Message Find more posts by CuckedCurry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

So your evidence is "he seemed pretty stiff." Which particular scene/s?

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 01:09 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

You're yet to explain how his robotic legs relate to a small Anooba matching/exceeding Maul's force-enhanced upper-body strength for over thirty seconds, lmao.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 01:15 PM
Click here to Send RealistRacism a Private Message Find more posts by RealistRacism Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealistRacism
So your evidence is "he seemed pretty stiff." Which particular scene/s?

Its pretty good supporting evidence to an already established rule in Star Wars canon (looks to Vader), yes.

You're yet to explain how his robotic legs relate to a small Anooba matching/exceeding Maul's force-enhanced upper-body strength for over thirty seconds, lmao.

Because he wasnt in great shape at the time. I dont get whats so hard to grasp.

At first I thought you guys were just purposefully trolling Maul fans.

Now im starting to think this is actually a serious argument from you against Maul erm

Last edited by Darth Thor on Nov 1st, 2018 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:27 PM
Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

Comparing Vader's complete cybernetic overhaul, accompanied by a heavy suit to Maul's human-like metal legs thumb up

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:29 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Its pretty good supporting evidence to an already established rule in Star Wars canon (looks to Vader), yes.

Because he wasnt in great shape at the time. I dont get whats so hard to grasp.

Now im starting to think this is actually a serious argument from you against Maul erm
So a guy who is encumbered in a life sized suit is comparable to robotic legs.

laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:30 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

@ Cucked: I do spend my time on Anakin as well, which is usually an easier cause to fight for lol

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:30 PM
Darth Thor

^ I see Quan just copied Realists argument the very next minute after he posted.

Comparing Vader's complete cybernetic overhaul, accompanied by a heavy suit to Maul's human-like metal legs thumb up

Yes its half his damn body!

But the principle of getting used to new cybernetic parts is the same and established in canon.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:31 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Darth Thor
^ I see Quan just copied Realists argument the very next minute after he posted.

But the principle of getting used to new cybernetic parts is the same and established in canon.
Well you made a seriously lopsided comparison. A life sized suit to robotic legs is lulz worthy.

100 percent to 50 percent is a 2:1 ratio albeit a horrendous comparison.

Last edited by quanchi112 on Nov 1st, 2018 at 02:37 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:33 PM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

I was, and still kinda am. But it doesn't mean this isn't a bad showing. You're the one who chose to respond to an obvious sarcastic comment, and of course I'm going to reply back.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:34 PM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:

The half of his body irrelevant to the topic at hand. His legs have nothing to do with this, lmao. This is Erkan tier drivel.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:37 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I mean, by the time Maul confronted the Hutts(and Embo's 'dog'), he and Deathwatch had already overtaken Black Sun and the Pykes.

So while all of this did occur within the same episode, there was clearly a significant time-lapse. IOW, Maul didn't wake up with new legs and begin fighting the bounty hunters 10mins later -- he should've had more than enough time to acclimate to his new prosthetics.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Nov 1st, 2018 at 02:53 PM

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:50 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Galan007
I mean, by the time Maul confronted the Hutts(and Embo's 'dog'), he and Deathwatch had already overtaken Black Sun and the Pykes.

So while all of this did occur within the same episode, there was clearly a significant time-lapse. IOW, Maul didn't wake up with new legs and begin fighting 10mins later -- he should've had more than enough time to acclimate to his new prosthetics.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:51 PM
gold slorg
Restricted

Account Restricted

Kenobi

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 02:54 PM
Click here to Send gold slorg a Private Message Find more posts by gold slorg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

The half of his body irrelevant to the topic at hand.

erm

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:55 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by quanchi112
thumb up

As usual you are all over the place with your stance Lmao.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 03:56 PM
Darth Thor

Originally posted by Galan007

So while all of this did occur within the same episode, there was clearly a significant time-lapse. IOW, Maul didn't wake up with new legs and begin fighting the bounty hunters 10mins later -- he should've had more than enough time to acclimate to his new prosthetics.

The Pykes just gave up right away. Maul hardly did any fighting against Black Sun. Savage was doing the assassinations and Deathwatch fighting the battles.

How much time do you need anyway to be back to peak performance? I know some time passed in that episode. All I am arguing is we as sensible analysts on the matter should allow him any low showings for that first episode at least.

We dont see Maul do any kind of impressive fighting at all that entire episode.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:00 PM
RealistRacism
Restricted

Account Restricted

We didn't see Maul do excessive acrobatics against weak enemies, ergo he was having trouble with his legs. What a poor line of thought.

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:08 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So you're of the opinion that Maul had to engage in rigorous physical combat in order to acclimate to his Mandalorian legs?

I would disagree there. Especially since they weren't the first set of prosthetics Maul had. In fact, they appeared far less clunky/complicated than his previous legs, and certainly were not implied to be inhibiting his movements at any point in time. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Nov 1st, 2018 04:14 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote