KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » TV Talk Forum » Handmaid's Tale

Handmaid's Tale
Started by: BackFire

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
Okay, we just finished the episode where Serena and Commander Waterford issued the (I'm assuming) international address to get "their" baby back.

It just seems that the whole world will know that they're full of shit, especially since your handmaid is there on camera, too. Why put her on camera with you?
The Republic of Gilead wants to normalize its practices to the rest of the world.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Dec 20th, 2022 08:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

Originally posted by Robtard
The Republic of Gilead wants to normalize its practices to the rest of the world.

Much like America does with its crap, like the mutilation of minors because "Mah gender".

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2022 10:21 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

@cdtm You're retarded.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2022 06:15 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm

@cdtm You're retarded.

Ok groomer.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2022 06:27 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I'm sure that's true.

We finished season 3.

(please log in to view the image)

Except she didn't need to wait to actually get shot... why not just pretend to sprain your ankle or something?

But yeah, awesome season.

Started the first episode of Season 4 last night and I see what you mean, this doesn't seem like it's going to be as good. Hope it gets better.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2022 07:55 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You've peaked, it's still decent, but the best of it is behind you now.

Old Post Dec 21st, 2022 08:12 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Is it going into a 6th season, or is it over?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2022 12:56 AM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

^ I Googled and it seems to be getting a 6th and final season.

We're a few episodes into Season 5 now. The later seasons are still pretty good so far, just different in dealing with the aftermath of the previous seasons. Not gonna lie...

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: I cried like a baby when, after getting to Canada, June tells Luke about their daughter Hannah

That was a heart crusher.

Oh, also: a few years ago I would have thought it insane for women in Canada (in this case) to be actively endorsing the ways of Gilead with sex slavery and subjugation, but Trump cult behavior makes all that entirely plausible. (Not to mention womens subjugation under Islam--there are no doubt percentages of women brainwashed enough to petition for it.)

Old Post Jan 7th, 2023 12:49 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Have just the Season 5 finale left.

I see how the later seasons are not necessarily as good as the first 2-3 seasons, but I don't know, there's still a fascinating story arc. Serena definitely has a great arc mirroring June. It's great writing. So I'm still pretty impressed. It's probably going to be a difficult series to end, so season 6 will be interesting to see.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2023 05:25 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

It's still a good show up to 5, but 1-3 were the best, especially season 1-2, imo.

I wish they had wrapped it up already, can't imagine 6 will improve on 5. Hopefully it ends well.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2023 05:48 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Finished it, so I'm all caught up now.

I'm wondering why we haven't seen anything about Emily. All we were told is that she went back to Gilead. I'm wondering if they get back to her in Season 6.

But anyway, the season cliffhanger wasn't super amazing since we've already seen post-Gilead Serena and June interact a bit, so it's really teasing more of the same. More or less. But will still look forward to it.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2023 11:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Part of me still hopes to see June beating Serena to death with her bare hands and then taking the baby and raising it. Serena deserves nothing good in life.

Old Post Jan 11th, 2023 11:26 PM