KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Malak vs General Grievous

Darth Malak vs General Grievous
Started by: slayne

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UCanShootMyNova

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Malak wins via stasis.

Nah.

"I worked Jack in" - DMB, Gchat, 2017.

Old Post Aug 5th, 2017 09:29 PM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Malak probably does win if he opts for Stasis.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 12:14 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up regardless of William's argument, it doesn't matter, because Malak's stasis isn't something he has to target at Grevious (I.e. It's not something Grevious can just dodge,) so under these circumstances, in a forum setting, Malak uses stasis field + saber throw ftw. thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 12:26 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Yeah a Stasis Field has to be resisted, not dodged. Something a non-Force sensitive can't do.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 12:28 AM
Click here to Send SunRazer a Private Message Find more posts by SunRazer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

You must not have read through the whole response then since I addressed that point in there. Unless you're suggesting Force stasis can be utilized faster then Force crush.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 01:51 AM
Click here to Send UCanShootMyNova a Private Message Find more posts by UCanShootMyNova Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TenebrousWay
God Tier Vaylin

Malak in canon

Legends is iffy but I'm going to back Malak for a majority as well.

"On the edge of sanity"

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 01:57 AM
Click here to Send TenebrousWay a Private Message Find more posts by TenebrousWay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
thumb up regardless of William's argument, it doesn't matter, because Malak's stasis isn't something he has to target at Grevious (I.e. It's not something Grevious can just dodge,) so under these circumstances, in a forum setting, Malak uses stasis field + saber throw ftw. thumb up

what setting, don't we go by in character?

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 02:11 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

Originally posted by Rockydonovang
what setting, don't we go by in character?

Yep.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 02:16 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Malak would use stasis. He loves that power.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 02:21 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

aight then, malak wins coz hax

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 02:24 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SunRazer
Back From The Dead

Originally posted by UCanShootMyNova
You must not have read through the whole response then since I addressed that point in there. Unless you're suggesting Force stasis can be utilized faster then Force crush.

Yeah because one requires targeting and one doesn't.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:09 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Then I guess you're suggesting Malak could utilize stasis faster then, specifically Mace, could use Force crush.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:45 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Last time I checked, Mace wrecked Grievous with Force crush.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M0gnwyYRHu8

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:48 AM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UCanShootMyNova

That's the point. Try reading the thread before attempting to sound smart.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:55 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

The way you worded your post seemed to suggest Mace failed to Force crush Grievous, or at the very least was on the clock and almost got overwhelmed.

FB, by the way.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:56 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Mace didn't attempt to incapacitate Grievous with the Force in their LoE encounter despite having been on the other end of a train car rather opting to engage him saber to saber despite having limited time and actively seeking not to prolong the engagement. The fact that he did utilize Force crush on him in the miniseries shows that he would have no qualms about doing so in LoE.

Last edited by UCanShootMyNova on Aug 6th, 2017 at 04:01 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:58 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Edit: Misread your post.

Last edited by Jaggarath on Aug 6th, 2017 at 04:01 AM

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 03:59 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Reread my last post and try again.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 04:00 AM
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Jedi don't always do the most practical scenario. I can go through countless TCW episodes where the issue could have been resolved if they just used the Force.

Whatever the case, we see Mace incapacitate Grievous here, so I don't see the point, since we know he can do it. It's entirely possible Mace regretted not doing it earlier, and thus decided to do it now, also.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 04:01 AM
UCanShootMyNova

Well, you're free to hold that interpretation if you like. Unfortunately I'm not going to assume PIS for PIS sake.

Mace can do it when Grievous isn't going to be moving towards him engage him ( he had to ensure the Chancellor was brought aboard the Invisible Hand ) and he has all the time in the world to focus his energies. He can't when Grievous is seeking to actively engage him even when he has the distance of an entire train car between them.

Old Post Aug 6th, 2017 04:02 AM