KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr. Light (Arthur) Vs Monica Rambeau

Dr. Light (Arthur) Vs Monica Rambeau
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
DarkSaint85

quote: (post)
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Monica gets raped.
Hello Abhi.

Your support is rubbish.....is this how you argue with abhi?

Old Post Aug 10th, 2017 06:28 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

Originally posted by abhilegend
Is this a serious argument? She wasn't kryptonite to Anti Monitor.

This is straight making shit up.

Can you show us where Kimiyo is supposed to be kryptonite to Anti Monitor ala Drax vs Thanos?

Do you not even read your own scans? The one you posted, shows Harbinger telling Dr Light, that "The Monitor created you for a purpose." But here is the whole creation of Dr. Light by the Monitor with the clear purpose to stop his brother the Anti-Monitor.

So let me break it down for you even further since you claim I made this up.

By the way all these scans comes from Infinite Crisis #4--#12

Scans 1-2 . It couldn't be anymore clearer that the Monitor uses his machine to create a new warrior powerful enough to aid in stopping his enemy of course later reveal to be the Anti-Monitor. By using an ION ray to take energy from a dying star and give that power to scientist Kimiyo ala female Dr Light is born.

Scan 3 . More confirmation that The Monitor purposely created Dr Light to stop his rival.

Scan 4 . Kimiyo even tells Superman, that only she can save them from the Anti-Monitor.

Scan 5. This is the clincher on this point if one was even needed. The Anti-Monitor tells Dr Light, ... My brother created you, didn't he.? Her response, "He did it so I would destroy you. And I intend to carry out his last wishes.

Scan 6. The very one you already posted, Harbinger again confirms Dr. Light purpose, which is being created by the Monitor to stop his brother.

(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

So exactly what did I make up? Don't accuse me of something b/c you fail basic comprehension that was spelled out time and time again.

http://readcomiconline.to/Comic/Sta...ssue-1?id=78685

Read the comic.

Unfortunately for you I did. First you said it was Starblast Issue 2, but they did fight in Issue 1, although as usually you left out a bunch of context. Monica was so depowered that she couldn't even fire a energy blast. Then she was being mind controlled by some alien worm. Lastly Carol was in Binary form for the whole fight. So basically an irrelevant battle with the right context applied, a depowered Monica vs an amped Carol which doesn't represent Spectrum current power level at all.

Your low-balling, misrepresentations, and lack of comprehension isn't worth a response anymore.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 02:00 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Supermutant

Do you not even read your own scans? The one you posted, shows Harbinger telling Dr Light, that "The Monitor created you for a purpose." But here is the whole creation of Dr. Light by the Monitor with the clear purpose to stop his brother the Anti-Monitor.

So let me break it down for you even further since you claim I made this up.

By the way all these scans comes from Infinite Crisis #4--#12

Scans 1-2 . It couldn't be anymore clearer that the Monitor uses his machine to create a new warrior powerful enough to aid in stopping his enemy of course later reveal to be the Anti-Monitor. By using an ION ray to take energy from a dying star and give that power to scientist Kimiyo ala female Dr Light is born.

Scan 3 . More confirmation that The Monitor purposely created Dr Light to stop his rival.

Scan 4 . Kimiyo even tells Superman, that only she can save them from the Anti-Monitor.

Scan 5. This is the clincher on this point if one was even needed. The Anti-Monitor tells Dr Light, ... My brother created you, didn't he.? Her response, "He did it so I would destroy you. And I intend to carry out his last wishes.

Scan 6. The very one you already posted, Harbinger again confirms Dr. Light purpose, which is being created by the Monitor to stop his brother.

[b](please log in to view the image)
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

So exactly what did I make up? Don't accuse me of something b/c you fail basic comprehension that was spelled out time and time again.

She was created to stop him as she could absorb the power from the sun he was powered up. She wasn't inherently anymore dangerous to him than anyone else.

This is just laughable.

quote:
Unfortunately for you I did. First you said it was Starblast Issue 2, but they did fight in Issue 1, although as usually you left out a bunch of context. Monica was so depowered that she couldn't even fire a energy blast.

Wut? She blasted Hyperion with no problem. Carol even says that her powers are back.
quote:

Then she was being mind controlled by some alien worm. Lastly Carol was in Binary form for the whole fight. So basically an irrelevant battle with the right context applied, a depowered Monica vs an amped Carol which doesn't represent Spectrum current power level at all.

Monica wasn't Depowered. Binary was beaten by Gladiator in the same arc.

You're acting like Binary is some kind of trans tier character.
quote:

Your low-balling, misrepresentations, and lack of comprehension isn't worth a response anymore.

I will take your concession at this point.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 03:25 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celeyhyga17
Yawning Void

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Your support is rubbish.....?

So is ure thought process.

Arthur may be a better overall energy manipulator. Monica has a history of her energies getting manipulated.

Controls "all light".
http://i.imgur.com/HDHcfM4.png

Controlling the entire em spectrum. Owns energy supers.
http://i.imgur.com/UKW02FM.png
http://i.imgur.com/AXiJ9n6.png

Drains the Ray.
http://i.imgur.com/VRWb8s1.png

Absorbs different energies from the Titans.
http://i.imgur.com/eYIujlo.png
http://i.imgur.com/QKWUJ0w.png

Even messes with godly lightning.
http://i.imgur.com/34KrqqP.png

Last edited by celeyhyga17 on Aug 11th, 2017 at 07:04 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 06:59 AM
celeyhyga17 is currently offline Click here to Send celeyhyga17 a Private Message Find more posts by celeyhyga17 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by zopzop
I just looked this up and holy sh|t you're right. Vega is twice the mass of our Sun and has 40 TIMES the energy output!

Dr. Light has to be LEGIT Trans Tier. Jeezus.

http://nerdist.com/what-would-it-lo...th-other-stars/

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 07:22 AM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Originally posted by celeyhyga17
So is ure thought process.

Arthur may be a better overall energy manipulator. Monica has a history of her energies getting manipulated.

Controls "all light".
http://i.imgur.com/HDHcfM4.png

Controlling the entire em spectrum. Owns energy supers.
http://i.imgur.com/UKW02FM.png
http://i.imgur.com/AXiJ9n6.png

Drains the Ray.
http://i.imgur.com/VRWb8s1.png

Absorbs different energies from the Titans.
http://i.imgur.com/eYIujlo.png
http://i.imgur.com/QKWUJ0w.png

Even messes with godly lightning.
http://i.imgur.com/34KrqqP.png

thumb up apologies for doubting you. How powerful is Ray?

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 08:04 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
krisblaze

Ray shat on lobo

Thanks Estacado

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 10:54 AM
krisblaze is currently offline Click here to Send krisblaze a Private Message Find more posts by krisblaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

She was created to stop him as she could absorb the power from the sun he was powered up. She wasn't inherently anymore dangerous to him than anyone else.

This is just laughable.

So now you finally state she was created to stop him. Which was the exact point you accuse me of making up. lol Pretty sad really and she already proven to be more dangerous to him than most by being able to absorb a power source he was using and turn it against him. lol

So you are force to come to the realization of what I said, even though you claim I was making it up. And once again you leave out major context.

Alexander Luthor was directly draining the Antimonitor, all the other heroes there were attacking to make the Antimonitor use energy and run interference. Dr. Light simple drain his power source, and then after the Antimonitor had fallen and was weaken, she release the energy from the sun she absorbed back at him.

Again not as impressive as you tried to make it out to be. Havok could replicate that.

lol again your come back is that
quote:
she was created to stop him

Which is what you accuse me of making up. So the scans I showed compel you to accept that Dr Light was created by the Monitor to in fact stop the Anti-Montior, yet you sadly attempted to pretend that I conceded.

Wut? She blasted Hyperion with no problem. Carol even says that her powers are back.

Monica wasn't Depowered. Binary was beaten by Gladiator in the same arc.

You're acting like Binary is some kind of trans tier character.

I will take your concession at this point.

(please log in to view the image) laughing

She was clearly depowered. Monica never even turned into her light form which she uses in all of fights. lol She even complains about not being able to discharge energy like before. The fact that a weaken and mind controlled Monica stunned Hyperion, shows how power. More misrepresentation by you, Binary is an amped Carol, no question about that. Monica was mind controlled, depowered, never used her energy form, and was not close to operating at the current level of Spectrum.

Last edited by Supermutant on Aug 11th, 2017 at 11:36 AM

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 11:33 AM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

So now you finally state she was created to stop him. Which was the exact point you accuse me of making up. lol Pretty sad really and she already proven to be more dangerous to him than most by being able to absorb a power source he was using and turn it against him. lol

So you are force to come to the realization of what I said, even though you claim I was making it up. And once again you leave out major context.

This is some hilarious logic. So just because she was given power by Monitor, she suddenly became Anti Monitor kryptonite?

Do you even know what you're talking about or is it sheer stubbornness at this point?
quote:

Alexander Luthor was directly draining the Antimonitor, all the other heroes there were attacking to make the Antimonitor use energy and run interference. Dr. Light simple drain his power source, and then after the Antimonitor had fallen and was weaken, she release the energy from the sun she absorbed back at him.

Yes, which hurts him more than the heroes combined at the point. It wasn't because she was his silver bullet. It was because she was that powerful.
quote:

Again not as impressive as you tried to make it out to be. Havok could replicate that.

Why don't you post a similar feat from Havok?
quote:

lol again your come back is that

Which is what you accuse me of making up. So the scans I showed compel you to accept that Dr Light was created by the Monitor to in fact stop the Anti-Montior, yet you sadly attempted to pretend that I conceded.

Yes, he made her that powerful. You seem to miss that point entirely.

quote:

She was clearly depowered. Monica never even turned into her light form which she uses in all of fights. lol She even complains about not being able to discharge energy like before. The fact that a weaken and mind controlled Monica stunned Hyperion, shows how power. More misrepresentation by you, Binary is an amped Carol, no question about that. Monica was mind controlled, depowered, never used her energy form, and was not close to operating at the current level of Spectrum.
[/QUOTE]

This is some hilarious tantrum. Carol states that Monica has regained her power.

(please log in to view the image)

But tell us again how powerful Monica is and how she is going to beat Light who has already beaten characters far more powerful than her.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 05:39 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

monica wins.

Old Post Aug 11th, 2017 11:21 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

This is some hilarious logic. So just because she was given power by Monitor, she suddenly became Anti Monitor kryptonite?

Do you even know what you're talking about or is it sheer stubbornness at this point?

Yes, which hurts him more than the heroes combined at the point. It wasn't because she was his silver bullet. It was because she was that powerful.

I don't even understand your argument or bringing up kryptonite. My entire point which you finally conceded too was that K Light was created to stop AM, just like Drax was created to stop Thanos. They were both created to stop someone way more powerful than themselves. And she wasn't that powerful, that's why she had to amp plus have all those heroes engage the Anti-Monitor, plus have Alex Luthor drained him. She just finished off an already beaten and severely weaken opponent.

If she was so powerful, than she wouldn't have been one-shotted by a reluctant Supergirl.

quote:
Why don't you post a similar feat from Havok?

I'll do even better than that, Havok abilities too the fullest would actually be the power to create a star.

quote:
This is some hilarious tantrum. Carol states that Monica has regained her power.

But tell us again how powerful Monica is and how she is going to beat Light who has already beaten characters far more powerful than her.

Do you even know what depowered means? It doesn't mean one is powerless, it means one is not operating at their normal standard of power.

Even in the scan you posted Monica is wearing a breathing device. lol Monica can easily turn into whatever energy she wishes, she doesn't need aid to survive in space. lol That would tell anyone who is using common sense that she is not fully restored. Plus she was being mind controlled, plus it was Binary she was fighting. lol It easy to see she was depowered not fighting close to her normal capabilities, never used her energy form or absorption or anything other than some routine energy blast.

Spectrum has defeated and absorbed beings more powerful than Dr. Light. And she is more versatile, able to split herself into many different pieces each with the ability to act independently.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:24 AM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

I don't even understand your argument or bringing up kryptonite. My entire point which you finally conceded too was that K Light was created to stop AM, just like Drax was created to stop Thanos.

So simply stubbornness at this point? Drax was created to stop Thanos and he gains more power when near Thanos under at least writer.

Kimiyo was just that powerful to stop Anti Monitor and is always that powerful.

This is getting tiresome.
quote:

They were both created to stop someone way more powerful than themselves. And she wasn't that powerful, that's why she had to amp plus have all those heroes engage the Anti-Monitor, plus have Alex Luthor drained him. She just finished off an already beaten and severely weaken opponent.

Anti Monitor was still vastly more powerful than KAL-L and Superboy Prime as noted by Darkseid.

You again forget what is actually important and focus on trivial things.
quote:

If she was so powerful, than she wouldn't have been one-shotted by a reluctant Supergirl.

Physical durability isn't her best trait. Just like Monica getting oneshot by Spider-Man in her human form.
quote:

I'll do even better than that, Havok abilities too the fullest would actually be the power to create a star.

That's just Havok saying he will become a star. He has done nothing to show he is that powerful.

Do you even read the scans you post?

quote:

Do you even know what depowered means? It doesn't mean one is powerless, it means one is not operating at their normal standard of power.

And Binary notes she is at full power.
quote:

Even in the scan you posted Monica is wearing a breathing device. lol Monica can easily turn into whatever energy she wishes, she doesn't need aid to survive in space. lol That would tell anyone who is using common sense that she is not fully restored. Plus she was being mind controlled, plus it was Binary she was fighting. lol It easy to see she was depowered not fighting close to her normal capabilities, never used her energy form or absorption or anything other than some routine energy blast.

You're again not reading the scans already posted.

Do ud both a favor and read them before making any claims.
quote:

Spectrum has defeated and absorbed beings more powerful than Dr. Light. And she is more versatile, able to split herself into many different pieces each with the ability to act independently. [/B]

I'm still waiting for these victory scans. All you've done in this thread is whining and bitching like no tomorrow.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 03:48 AM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Look at all this useless back and forth. Dr. Light was channeling the power of a star twice the size of our Sun with 40 times it's energy output.

/Thread

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 04:49 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Its seems like Arthur has better energy manipulation too.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 05:18 AM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by Zack M
Its seems like Arthur has better energy manipulation too.

Yup. He's more versatile and far and away more powerful.

..even the outer hells are indifferent matters for they bow only to potent and archaic Nodens.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 05:20 AM
zopzop is currently offline Click here to Send zopzop a Private Message Find more posts by zopzop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

And even Legacy has defeated her by manipulating her light form.

She doesn't has a prayer in this fight.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 09:32 AM
Supermutant

And even Legacy has defeated her by manipulating her light form.

She doesn't has a prayer in this fight.

laughing When I think your misrepresentation can't go any lower. Again you don't even read the context of your own scans. Monica was being mind-controlled by the Controller. Earlier she had already koed Genis Vell by manipulating the energy inside his anti-matter field.

lol Back to your scan, Monica is trying but failing to resist the Controller, that's why she states, "please let it be enough." She wants Genis Vell to defeat her and break the Controller's control. lol

But anyways as I'm been trying to inform you, Monica has upgraded like 4 times since then. You and some others especially need to read the Mighty Avengers where Blue Marvel infused Monica with photons that substantially increased her power. Or at least skim through Ultimates 1 or 2 before embarrassing yourselves any further.

Its so funny people hyping up manipulating the energy of one sun/star when Monica in the Ultimates 2 absorbed the energies of Capt Marvel plus Blue Marvel to channel a big bang that powered the egg to turn Galactus into the lifebringer. Yes Monica can channel the energies of a big bang, and people in the thread have been going crazy over a star lol.

There are a number of things Spectrum has done that I haven't even mentioned. Its surprising the amount to people that comment on things without even having a clue of the current status of a character. Its actually quite amusing.

For instance current Spectrum doesn't even have a physical body anymore and she recently beat an being of pure thought on the astral plane. And we all know how scared Dr Light is of mind-phuckery. She also merged with Blue Marvel, but was the dominant one in control. At the very least that shows she is capable of completely absorbing other herald level energy users. lol But heat vision alone kills Dr Light lol.

Last edited by Supermutant on Aug 12th, 2017 at 12:58 PM

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 12:55 PM
DarkSaint85

New 52Light has like zero feats. So I'm using pre 52, as per forum rules.

Cap Marvel and Blue Marvel? How powerful are they again? You'll have to put it into measurements of nukes - that recent Secret Empire scan would be useful here laughing out loud

The star feat is being hyped because it's directly measurable. Vega kicks out 40 times more light than our Sun.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:09 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

laughing When I think your misrepresentation can't go any lower. Again you don't even read the context of your own scans. Monica was being mind-controlled by the Controller. Earlier she had already koed Genis Vell by manipulating the energy inside his anti-matter field.

She basically suckerpunched him when he had no idea who she was.

In a straight up fight he overpowered her straight up.

quote:

lol Back to your scan, Monica is trying but failing to resist the Controller, that's why she states, "please let it be enough." She wants Genis Vell to defeat her and break the Controller's control. lol

Controller does not lessens the power of his victim.

You sure make excuse for everything.
quote:

But anyways as I'm been trying to inform you, Monica has upgraded like 4 times since then. You and some others especially need to read the Mighty Avengers where Blue Marvel infused Monica with photons that substantially increased her power. Or at least skim through Ultimates 1 or 2 before embarrassing yourselves any further.

I've read it all. Blue Marvel increased her power temporarily. Her powers are the same as always.

These kinds of power ups are always temporary. Otherwise Iron man would be skyfather level in how many times he has upgraded his suite.

quote:

Its so funny people hyping up manipulating the energy of one sun/star when Monica in the Ultimates 2 absorbed the energies of Capt Marvel plus Blue Marvel to channel a big bang that powered the egg to turn Galactus into the lifebringer. Yes Monica can channel the energies of a big bang, and people in the thread have been going crazy over a star lol.

Whoa, Big Bang? Way to go with hyperbole mate.

Lifebringer doesn't has power of a big bang.
quote:

There are a number of things Spectrum has done that I haven't even mentioned. Its surprising the amount to people that comment on things without even having a clue of the current status of a character. Its actually quite amusing.

For instance current Spectrum doesn't even have a physical body anymore and she recently beat an being of pure thought on the astral plane. And we all know how scared Dr Light is of mind-phuckery. She also merged with Blue Marvel, but was the dominant one in control. At the very least that shows she is capable of completely absorbing other herald level energy users. lol But heat vision alone kills Dr Light lol.

Dr Light is a being of pure energy too.

And if you did anymore mental gymnastics like Monica beating a psychic and Light being Mind wiped by Zatanna, you would break your back.

Give me one herald level fight with Monica. Just one.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 01:19 PM
zopzop
Lord of the Great Abyss

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
The star feat is being hyped because it's directly measurable. Vega kicks out 40 times more light than our Sun.

This is correct but it goes over the head of most forum members (myself included until I looked up what exactly it means).

When people say "Vega is 40 times more luminous (aka brighter) than the Sun" what they are actually saying is "Vega's energy output is 40 times that of our Sun" :
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Luminosity
quote:
In astronomy, luminosity is the total amount of energy emitted by a star, galaxy, or other astronomical object per unit time.[1] It is related to the brightness, which is the luminosity of an object in a given spectral region.

Dr. Light is crazy powerful.

Old Post Aug 12th, 2017 02:17 PM