KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » General Zod Vs Blue Marvel

General Zod Vs Blue Marvel
Started by: Zack M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (13): « First ... « 10 11 [12] 13 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
TheHulkster

So I guess this fight was not begun with a sucker punch since they were facing:

https://m.imgur.com/a/bFSir

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 12:49 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Did you miss what I actually said? Facing AND ready for a fight. Notice here it says he wanted to talk mostly because he got a signal and didn't know the reason or much about the alien and wanted to act as a welcome wagon. In the Hyperion fight where did it say he wanted to talk? Said the opposite. In his own words called himself cocky and that no one could beat him. Heroes were about to be killed. Also notice the distance between the two instances. With the alien he was in hands reach with an unknown force which didn't know the reasons why he was there to with Hyperion he was much further away and knew Hyperion was not there for peace

Not the same thing in the least

Last edited by -K-M- on Aug 20th, 2017 at 01:50 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 01:42 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supermutant

It doesn't even matter for this thread about a sucker punch or not, b/c most superheroes vs villains fight start this same way. Hero shows up to confront villain, villain gets the upperhand/control the fight, villain monologues, hero quickly recovers and dominates, the end. How many times have that scenario happen to Superman, Thor, Hulk, etc, almost every match.

Anyways its more impressive that BM was able to take KH best shots in a row, and still not be koed. All he needed was a moment to recover in typical superhero fashion to take his "dial to 11." I don't see how some are tying to make this a bad showing, its nothing but impressive.

A similar thing happen to Zod against a much inferior Suicide Squad, where Killer Croc's bite hurt Zod and Katanna was able to out react him. Of course he owned them in the end like he should have ,but the SS did well against Zod briefly or at least better than they should have.

The posters who are wrong here are the ones that believe either will stomp the other.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 01:45 PM
Supermutant is currently offline Click here to Send Supermutant a Private Message Find more posts by Supermutant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

@hulkster. In your opinion the scans you posted with anti-man and BM do you consider that a sucker punch yes or no?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 01:51 PM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Yes

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 01:54 PM
TheHulkster is currently offline Click here to Send TheHulkster a Private Message Find more posts by TheHulkster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Supermutant
[B]It doesn't even matter for this thread about a sucker punch or not, b/c most superheroes vs villains fight start this same way. Hero shows up to confront villain, villain gets the upperhand/control the fight, villain monologues, hero quickly recovers and dominates, the end. How many times have that scenario happen to Superman, Thor, Hulk, etc, almost every match.

Anyways its more impressive that BM was able to take KH best shots in a row, and still not be koed. All he needed was a moment to recover in typical superhero fashion to take his "dial to 11." I don't see how some are tying to make this a bad showing, its nothing but impressive.
/B]

Exactly my point. So following this logic it was a sucker punch and therefore omitted. We would basicslly omit 98% of comic fights. Though it wasn't a sucker punch here

Who said it was a terrible showing?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 01:55 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by TheHulkster
Yes

Haha wonderful. So then why did you post it? And why were you and carver gushing over it?

Also once again difference there is Adam was ready to fight. Anti-man wasn't.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 01:56 PM
TheHulkster

Originally posted by -K-M-
Haha wonderful. So then why did you post it? And why were you and carver gushing over it?

Also once again difference there is Adam was ready to fight. Anti-man wasn't.

Why do you say I gushed over it when I made no comment on it? It's a subsequent confrontation between the two that I posted for discussion. I don't think that I've comment at all with regards to BM fighting Anti-Man.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:03 PM
-K-M-

Why do you say I gushed over it when I made no comment on it? It's a subsequent confrontation between the two that I posted for discussion. I don't think that I've comment at all with regards to BM fighting Anti-Man.

Because you posted it in the first place in support of BM. Not much discussion as Anti-Man didn't fight back he was remembering and conflicted.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:07 PM
TheHulkster

I posted it to see what would be said. Why does the notion of BM being a heavy hitter right up there with best of them disturb you so? It's undeniable that this is where Marvel is pushing him.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:12 PM
TheHulkster

You discount the Ultimate Hulk KO based on them not yet having gained their full memory. What does that have to do with anything?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:15 PM
-K-M-

I posted it to see what would be said. Why does the notion of BM being a heavy hitter right up there with best of them disturb you so? It's undeniable that this is where Marvel is pushing him.

Please post a quote where I said that or even implied that

You discount the Ultimate Hulk KO based on them not yet having gained their full memory. What does that have to do with anything?

Of course as there was context behind it. Good showing, but also questionable if they were their true selves. We know they didn't have all their memories. So if you don't remember who you are, what you done, what your capable of, your history with other characters that apparently wouldn't impact you? erm Even Reed was like this isn't my Cap and killed him.

Captain America: "Well frankly, I'm starting to question your authority here, Dr.Richards. See...I'm starting to remember things, too. About you. Did you do something to our minds, Maker?"
Maker: "What minds? When did my Captain America ever question authority?"

*Kills Captain America by rewriting reality again*

Maker was making "adjustments" with this new reality so again makes things questionable what else he changed and how much

Last edited by -K-M- on Aug 20th, 2017 at 02:29 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:17 PM
TheHulkster

There is no quote, but rather you ferverent dismissals of what he has done. The original Ultimates know who they are. They don't remember their deaths until later. Reed's statement only expresses surprise that Cap questions his authority. I'm not sure how this weakens any of them especially when we see Cap beating America, who should be significantly above him.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:38 PM
-K-M-

There is no quote, but rather you ferverent dismissals of what he has done. The original Ultimates know who they are. They don't remember their deaths until later. Reed's statement only expresses surprise that Cap questions his authority. I'm not sure how this weakens any of them especially when we see Cap beating America, who should be significantly above him.

I have been adding significant context. Because I have been debating points does NOT mean I think low of BM. I on the other hand can find many quotes where I say positive things about him.

No they didn't remember many details. Such as Reed Richards. Even Captain America knew Maker manipulated their minds. It wasn't just their "death" he erased but several key things. Captain America: "Well frankly, I'm starting to question your authority here, Dr.Richards. See...I'm starting to remember things, too. About you. Did you do something to our minds, Maker?" So again if your mind is altered, memories removed how on earth does that not impact you? Same thing when people are mind controlled we will often not take that as fact how a normal fight would go. Nor do we know for a fact Maker didn't make other manipulations. hence...questionable

Last edited by -K-M- on Aug 20th, 2017 at 02:48 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 02:42 PM
TheHulkster

Still, they know themselves and each other. They remember their lives save for a few details. Why would Cap outperform MAC if he is lesser? Nothing implies less formidability and manipulation does not equate to mind control.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:03 PM
carver9

Originally posted by -K-M-
Concerning scans see my above post.

except he never dropped Mongul easily when he was full power in their first fight. Also once again how is losing to Sinestro a low showing?

Never defeated Sentry. Also he was messed up by the negative energy

(please log in to view the image)

King Hyperion - clean win. However, King has some lackluster showings

Shuma - was nothing that special. Good but not amazing

Antiman- had significant context already addressed

Pagan - did he actually beat him? Honest question

Ultimate Hulk - meh! as noted the Ultimates didn't have all their memories so weren't their true selves

I had a message for this typed up last night and made a mistake and backed out of it. I was pissed. Anyways...

Sinestro have a habit of messing with his opponent during the beginning of the fight. When he decided to get serious, it was too late...he was losing power. I don't even know why you mentioned this when the point of this conversation is that Sinestro power was almost gone when he beat Mongul. That...is...TERRIBLE.

Sentry was near knocked out when he was sent to space. He had time to recover. I call that a defeat. Come on KM, we do not accept writers comments when nothing like this was mentioned in the books. It doesn't work like that.

He beat Antiman, a team buster.

He beat Pegan off panel.

Zod hasn't done a thing to justify a win here. Nothing. Cyborg under estimated him. Eradicator is depleted of power and the suicide squad...lololol. Blue Marvel actually have wins against opponents.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:14 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheHulkster

Didnt Grevioux claim that BM is stronger than Superman?

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:29 PM
-K-M-

Still, they know themselves and each other. They remember their lives save for a few details. Why would Cap outperform MAC if he is lesser? Nothing implies less formidability and manipulation does not equate to mind control.

They knew who Reed brought back. Even interactions with that team was missing.

Again if memories are gone. Maker altered them how can you say they were the same formaility? You can't. erm this is not a hard concept

Last edited by -K-M- on Aug 20th, 2017 at 03:35 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:32 PM
-K-M-

Originally posted by carver9
I had a message for this typed up last night and made a mistake and backed out of it. I was pissed. Anyways...

Sinestro have a habit of messing with his opponent during the beginning of the fight. When he decided to get serious, it was too late...he was losing power. I don't even know why you mentioned this when the point of this conversation is that Sinestro power was almost gone when he beat Mongul. That...is...TERRIBLE.

Sentry was near knocked out when he was sent to space. He had time to recover. I call that a defeat. Come on KM, we do not accept writers comments when nothing like this was mentioned in the books. It doesn't work like that.

He beat Antiman, a team buster.

He beat Pegan off panel.

Zod hasn't done a thing to justify a win here. Nothing. Cyborg under estimated him. Eradicator is depleted of power and the suicide squad...lololol. Blue Marvel actually have wins against opponents.

Did you forget negative energy was already established impacting sentry prior to this fight? We have prior reference and a reference from writer who confirmed that was still in play. Now we want to ignore on panel evidence too? Sentry literally returned the next page. And how did BM land that punch? When sentry stopped fighting and tried to talk to him

So he wasn't serious in his first fight with mongul? Lulz. Please provide evidence of this. So sinestro still had power when he won right? Not sure why you keep harping on that.

He beat anti-man with help and context. Prove me wrong

Where did it say or how he beat pagan?

Last edited by -K-M- on Aug 20th, 2017 at 03:43 PM

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:34 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Didnt Grevioux claim that BM is stronger than Superman?

Yes and weaker than Thor which in itself is an Oxymoron.

Grevioux is just a huge fanboy inserting his own ideas in comics.

Old Post Aug 20th, 2017 03:39 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote