KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Obi-Wan Kenobi Anthology Film

Obi-Wan Kenobi Anthology Film
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth Thor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
'member obi-wan? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ha!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 09:44 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
'member obi-wan? roll eyes (sarcastic)

I 'member! He was fantaaastic!

Old Post Aug 18th, 2017 10:38 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Not sure how true it is

but apparently there's also a Jabba the Hutt movie planned.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 02:49 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

From what I read a Jabba the Hutt spinoff was only considered, not planned. If that idea goes into the next phase though, then Star Wars will have already died from oversaturation and nostalgia pandering, at least where I'm concerned.

A crappy Han Solo film is one thing but if it gets succeeded by a better spinoff idea down the line then I can live with it. An Obi-Wan film? Acceptable, especially if McGregor's back... But Jabba the Hutt?

no expression

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 03:08 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I'd be up for a Jabba the Hutt film as long as Guillermo Del Toro does it

back in 2015, He wanted to do a film with him about his rise throughout the criminal underworld.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 03:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

If Ewan MacGregor isn't avaliable I know the perfect actor to fill the role.
(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 06:39 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
From what I read a Jabba the Hutt spinoff was only considered, not planned. If that idea goes into the next phase though, then Star Wars will have already died from oversaturation and nostalgia pandering, at least where I'm concerned.

A crappy Han Solo film is one thing but if it gets succeeded by a better spinoff idea down the line then I can live with it. An Obi-Wan film? Acceptable, especially if McGregor's back... But Jabba the Hutt?

no expression
A Jabba the Hutt film is literally billions of times more interesting than a Han Solo or especially Obi-Wan Kenobi film. thumb down

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 09:22 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

I get what they're doing. First a spin off based on the most popular character in the OT, then the PT. Then most popular supporting character in both trilogies, and finally the most popular background character.

Makes sense. Milk everything.

Out of those mentioned I think Boba Fett would be the most different personally. We hardly see him in OT, and his film will likely explore the SW criminal underworld.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 09:43 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by ares834
The Star Wars brand is enough. Sure, a wholly original film likely isn't as "safe" as a Kenobi film, but as a fan rather than an investor that doesn't trouble me. Regardless, if done well, I think a KotOR film could make bucket loads.

It might be for you and I, but I'm not so sure it is with Disney. KOTOR would work because it's chock-full of Jedi, I think. I just don't know if the universe has as much room to play with as Disney are willing to find out.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 10:01 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by NemeBro
A Jabba the Hutt film is literally billions of times more interesting than a Han Solo or especially Obi-Wan Kenobi film. thumb down

Why, because of the criminal underworld thing? Does have potential, but even then I think it could be more interestingly covered in a Boba Fett film. The Han Solo film never interested me to begin with, so can give you that, but Obi-Wan would garner interest depending on the kind of material a film for him covers.

Meh. As pointed out, Disney's eventually gonna milk just about every notable character or idea for the series in the end anyway...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 10:17 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Probably end up with a Max Rebo film the way things are going.

Last edited by Kazenji on Aug 19th, 2017 at 10:36 AM

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 10:33 AM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Why, because of the criminal underworld thing?

No, because of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OPcod8IS214

Now tell me you wouldn't see such a masterpiece (2 hours long, let's say) in the theaters at least 10 times.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 10:37 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
marwash22
HELL YEAH.

so, this will be a collection of unrelated events in Obi Wan's life, like a bunch of short films?

Originally posted by Kazenji
Not sure how true it is

but apparently there's also a Jabba the Hutt movie planned.
if that happens and we don't get a bounty hunter movie...

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 10:55 AM
marwash22 is currently offline Click here to Send marwash22 a Private Message Find more posts by marwash22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by marwash22
so, this will be a collection of unrelated events in Obi Wan's life, like a bunch of short films?

Nah most likely it focuses on him vs Vader one more time.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 01:04 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

i never complained about ep7 reeking of ep4 because i feel it was actually a very well executed semi-reboot. however i was also hoping they'd make at least one new story, removed from the main trilogy timeline and characters. how many 'member-flicks do they need to crank out before we can finally see some originality and creative exploration in star wars?

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 02:28 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Nah most likely it focuses on him vs Vader one more time.

I was honestly hoping that during the new trilogy, we'd get a flashback to Luke watching Vader and Ben on the Death Star, but it's McGregor fighting Vader in a better choreographed fight.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 02:34 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
I was honestly hoping that during the new trilogy, we'd get a flashback to Luke watching Vader and Ben on the Death Star, but it's McGregor fighting Vader in a better choreographed fight.

I hope queeq sees this. Mod fight to the death guaranteed, lol.

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 08:26 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

laughing out loud

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 08:32 PM
Flyattractor

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
I hope queeq sees this. Mod fight to the death guaranteed, lol.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 19th, 2017 08:32 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Why, because of the criminal underworld thing? Does have potential, but even then I think it could be more interestingly covered in a Boba Fett film. The Han Solo film never interested me to begin with, so can give you that, but Obi-Wan would garner interest depending on the kind of material a film for him covers.

Meh. As pointed out, Disney's eventually gonna milk just about every notable character or idea for the series in the end anyway...
That, the fact that the protagonist would be a non-English speaking alien, as well as a villainous character presumably. All of these are firsts for the franchise (a hero descending into villainy like Anakin doesn't count), and the conflict would naturally be much more down to earth and relatable. It would be like the Sopranos (cause Jabba's fat, you see) set in Star Wars as a movie.

This is far more interesting than a story about a character where we've already seen the important bits to it.

Old Post Aug 21st, 2017 07:23 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote