KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Obi-Wan Kenobi Anthology Film

Obi-Wan Kenobi Anthology Film
Started by: |King Joker|

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 3 4 [5] 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
Sorry, bro. It's just you and quan bumping buttholes. I'm trying to talk about my boy Kenobi and his future in film

Would you like to see McGregor reprising the role?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 08:18 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Definitely. He was a fine Kenobi.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 08:20 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Same.

Love them or hate them, McGregor's performance was great in the prequels.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 08:29 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

If it's set between Ep3 and Ep4, sure. McGregor was a great Kenobi and his aging could be easily worked in.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 08:35 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

not if its Connor McGregor lol

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:21 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

If it's set between Ep3 and Ep4, sure.

It will be for sure. Disney's still a bit scared to go full on prequel era. But if they use Ewan in the OT era, then that would be a nice mix of both.

Also anyone think there's any chance Kenobi won't be fighting Vader again?

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:21 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Wait, what? Sauron has a physical form in Middle Earth in both the books AND the movies. It's even referenced that he only has four fingers on his hand.

Sorry, I know that's off-topic...

But yes, Ewan as Kenobi set between 3 and 4 seems the most likely thing they'll do, I imagine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:30 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by -Pr-
Wait, what? Sauron has a physical form in Middle Earth in both the books AND the movies. It's even referenced that he only has four fingers on his hand.

Where is it referenced?

No, in the movies, he dissipated after Isildur cut his fingers off. His Necromancer form was hardly physical, same with his later Eye form.

Saruman even comments on this in the FotR film - "Sauron has regained much of his former strength. He cannot yet take physical form, but his spirit has lost none of its potency."

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:36 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Where is it referenced?

No, in the movies, he dissipated after Isildur cut his fingers off. His Necromancer form was hardly physical, same with his later Eye form.

Saruman even comments on this in the FotR film - "Sauron has regained much of his former strength. He cannot yet take physical form, but his spirit has lost none of its potency."

Saruman was just wrong, then. Jackson even intended for Sauron to be there at the battle of the Black Gate, but made last minute changes. And I would argue that his Necromancer form was physical enough.

In the books, Denethor references it. Legolas does too. IIRC, the eye is a metaphor for his Palantir, not his actual physical form.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:38 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Saruman was just wrong, then. Jackson even intended for Sauron to be there at the battle of the Black Gate, but made last minute changes. And I would argue that his Necromancer form was physical enough.

In the books, Denethor references it. Legolas does too. IIRC, the eye is a metaphor for his Palantir, not his actual physical form.

I know what Jackson intended, I've seen the appendices. Even if we take that into consideration, that's a lot of time between FotR and RotK ending. He cannot yet take physical form. In the movies, nothing contradicts Saruman's statement.

Angry spirit made out of black smoke... not very physical if you ask me stick out tongue

I seem to recall there was a statement in the books about Sauron having only four fingers, now that I think about it. Isildur was such a gentleman there... Jackson's Isildur wasn't satisfied with one finger laughing out loud

Denethor. So, Return of the King. Okay, thanks thumb up

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 09:54 PM
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

But yes, Ewan as Kenobi set between 3 and 4 seems the most likely thing they'll do, I imagine.

Problem is... Rebels and comics already explored that period. And they're equally canon as movies themselves in Disney's canon hierarchy.

If Obi decided to leave Tatooine, who would keep an eye on young Luke?

Last edited by StiltmanFTW on Sep 5th, 2017 at 10:05 PM

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:00 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Problem is... Rebels and comics already explored that period. And they're equally canon as movies themselves in Disney's canon hierarchy.

His uncle and aunt, Owen and Beru Lars are capable of taking care of young Luke if Obi wanted to go out on an adventure here and there

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:07 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I know what Jackson intended, I've seen the appendices. Even if we take that into consideration, that's a lot of time between FotR and RotK ending. He cannot yet take physical form. In the movies, nothing contradicts Saruman's statement.

Angry spirit made out of black smoke... not very physical if you ask me stick out tongue

I seem to recall there was a statement in the books about Sauron having only four fingers, now that I think about it. Isildur was such a gentleman there... Jackson's Isildur wasn't satisfied with one finger laughing out loud

Denethor. So, Return of the King. Okay, thanks thumb up

The books are pretty adamant about it, I realise. There's more than a few references, now that I think about it.

The movies... I'll grant you are murkier about it. Maybe Jackson when filming FOTR didn't intend to use a physical form for Sauron, but considering Saruman was evil, I'm not sure he wouldn't lie about it anyway. At the very least, I think that the Hobbit was almost a retcon of sorts. At Dol Guldur, we see his actual body several times, in the eye, and with the wraiths in front of him. And with how close we came to having him in ROTK, I'd tend to lean on the side of him having one, as I really don't put much stock in one line from Saruman.

I really don't think Disney gives a shit, tbh. I can see them coming up with something horribly convoluted just to make a movie out of it. They might end up doing an entire movie on Tatooine.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:08 PM
Darth Thor

Also Disney Canon has shown very little Kenobi in that time period. His appearance on Rebels was literally just an appearance.

The Star Wars comics with Ben have been few and far between, and they're mainly just Ben looking over Luke.

But yeah If/When Ben leaves Tatooine, they'll need to make a damn good reason for it.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:26 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

His uncle and aunt, Owen and Beru Lars are capable of taking care of young Luke if Obi wanted to go out on an adventure here and there

Owen could probably suffocate Maul with his beer gut thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

The books are pretty adamant about it, I realise. There's more than a few references, now that I think about it.

The movies... I'll grant you are murkier about it. Maybe Jackson when filming FOTR didn't intend to use a physical form for Sauron, but considering Saruman was evil, I'm not sure he wouldn't lie about it anyway. At the very least, I think that the Hobbit was almost a retcon of sorts. At Dol Guldur, we see his actual body several times, in the eye, and with the wraiths in front of him. And with how close we came to having him in ROTK, I'd tend to lean on the side of him having one, as I really don't put much stock in one line from Saruman.

They said in the appendices they wanted to focus on the evil presence aspect, felt everywhere in the Middle-earth, as that was what made Sauron so menacing.

Galadriel messed him up, perhaps he needed time to recover - again. Much shorter than when he has lost the One, obviously.

I really don't think Disney gives a shit, tbh. I can see them coming up with something horribly convoluted just to make a movie out of it. They might end up doing an entire movie on Tatooine.

Fighting Tusken Raiders for the entire movie... oh hell, I'd dig it laughing

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:27 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Where is it referenced?

Some people didn't watch the films. It's clear he never reclaimed his physical body. Some people obviously cannot comprehend the Lotr films. Probably a Superman fan still upset over Batman's win.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 10:41 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Owen could probably suffocate Maul with his beer gut thumb up

(please log in to view the image)

They said in the appendices they wanted to focus on the evil presence aspect, felt everywhere in the Middle-earth, as that was what made Sauron so menacing.

Galadriel messed him up, perhaps he needed time to recover - again. Much shorter than when he has lost the One, obviously.

Fighting Tusken Raiders for the entire movie... oh hell, I'd dig it laughing

No, I get that. I still think it was something of a retcon though. Assuming Saruman was right.

Hey, it'll either be Tuskens or Jabba, probably. Or some sort of Bounty Hunter. Maybe Vader? I don't know, unless at the end they make it seem like Kenobi dies.

==

lol, try harder Quan. Try not to be too bitter about me knowing LOTR better than you.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:31 PM
quanchi112
Disney

I have multiple quotes stating he wasn't strong enough to get his physical body back. Jackson didn't sync this up with the books and drastically altered Azog just for an example in the film. He didn't have a physical body in the hobbit, hell even the nine weren't even physical in nature in battle of the five armies until fellowship of the ring.

Sauron never reacquired his physical body. When characters say he hasn't that isn't dialogue meant to lie to the viewer. You're wrong and hilariously so with an obvious plot point.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:40 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Nice strawman, Quannie. Keep trying.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:55 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Nice strawman, Quannie. Keep trying.
So statements claiming he can't from the characters in the film and no proof he ever had regained his physically humanoid body is proof to you. I guess despite having a body he didn't feel it was important to do something. This all makes sense to you. This explains a lot. Odd.

Old Post Sep 5th, 2017 11:58 PM