KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mayweather vs McGregor

Who do ylu think will win?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Mayweather 12 70.59%
McGregor 5 29.41%
Total: 17 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Mayweather vs McGregor
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 5 6 [7]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Mcgregor tires because he is cutting weight to below his actual weight class in a way most people don't. Most people cut 12 pounds; he's cutting a lot more. He is a bigger man fighting naturally much smaller men than him, this wasn't true of course in the Diaz bouts, where in the first he was overweight for him and had not done enough Cardio and as you said in the second Diaz did what Diaz does best ran a marathon, which is why it was so close. Diaz is a very good boxer for MMA, he may not look stylish but he is actually very good.

At featherweight he cuts a lot, but at lightweight he doesn't, I don't know if you're referencing Boxing or MMA, but in mma the average fighter cuts a lot more than 12 pounds. Most guys at the top of their respective divisions cut upwards of 25.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 05:18 AM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
At featherweight he cuts a lot, but at lightweight he doesn't, I don't know if you're referencing Boxing or MMA, but in mma the average fighter cuts a lot more than 12 pounds. Most guys at the top of their respective divisions cut upwards of 25.
The heavier the weight the more water weight you can cut last minute, most have this down to a fine art. People don't cut as drastically as they once did due to incidents like Michael Watson and Gerald McClellan where the use of diuretics was at least contributory to brain damage and in McClellan's case death. And if your saw how much bigger than Alvarez quite a standard lightweight Mcgregor was you realise he cuts a lot even for lightweight.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 11:35 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
laughing out loud

He could have picked a better descriptor, but yeah, he wasn't referring to the Mexican ethnicity. He meant a style of fighting popular with Mexican fighters. Similar to how "wrestleboxing" is popular with American MMA fighters, or kickboxing for the Dutch, etc. Different countries have "styles" that often form.

I'm just curious what they even thought he meant when they thought it was racism lol. Like what they specifically thought he was trying to say when he said he "turned him into a mexican".

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 02:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khazra Reborn
Champion of Midgard

The heavier the weight the more water weight you can cut last minute, most have this down to a fine art. People don't cut as drastically as they once did due to incidents like Michael Watson and Gerald McClellan where the use of diuretics was at least contributory to brain damage and in McClellan's case death. And if your saw how much bigger than Alvarez quite a standard lightweight Mcgregor was you realise he cuts a lot even for lightweight.

He was taller, but I guarantee you Alvarez probably had close to 10 lbs on McGregor. Alvarez is muscular as phuck.

Besieged by countless foes, his eyes they are aglow, longing for the fight. He stands upon a mound, doesn't aim the throw, just lets the hammer fly!

Old Post Aug 29th, 2017 09:47 PM
Khazra Reborn is currently offline Click here to Send Khazra Reborn a Private Message Find more posts by Khazra Reborn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Originally posted by Robtard
So Mayweather had a minimum purse of 100mil and McGregor (aka The Great White Hype) had one of 30mil. I'm sure they both made more after all is said and done.

Just lucky it ended by ref ruling, which makes it controversial. So how long until May weather Vs McGregor II? I say 9-12 months

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 10:06 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

^
Basically

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 10:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Floyd got fat.

Old Post Aug 30th, 2017 11:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime

The more I read, think, and rewatch this fight. McGregor sold out for that $100 million.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 12:08 AM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sable
The more I read, think, and rewatch this fight. McGregor sold out for that $100 million.

Possibly, dude had to know he had no chance.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 12:13 AM
Adam_PoE

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Mayweather is not going to destroy him. He is going to dance around the ring until the clock runs out, and win by technicality.

So Mayweather ran down the clock for 10 rounds and won by technical knock out. Sounds about right.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 02:58 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
He was taller, but I guarantee you Alvarez probably had close to 10 lbs on McGregor. Alvarez is muscular as phuck.
So what you are saying is Alvarez is a short man who has packed on muscle to compete at that weight like a bodybuilder and isn't naturally big enough without the extra bulk to compete? And outside of fight time he is not in fighting shape? Whereas Mcgregor is a naturally bigger framed man who drops weight to compete against pumped up dwarves?

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Aug 31st, 2017 at 05:09 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 05:00 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

So Mayweather ran down the clock for 10 rounds and won by technical knock out. Sounds about right.
Yup

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 05:01 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I am seeing some act like they almost feel cheated. Like Mayweather and McGregor pulled one over on everyone and are laughing all the way to the bank.

I guess the implication there is that from the beginning they both knew McGregor had no real chance, but just set it up to make money.

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 05:04 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
I am seeing some act like they almost feel cheated. Like Mayweather and McGregor pulled one over on everyone and are laughing all the way to the bank.

I guess the implication there is that from the beginning they both knew McGregor had no real chance, but just set it up to make money.
It doesn't quite meet the freak show of Ali Vs. Inoki but it might be a new low for the last twenty years for a sports "event".

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 05:08 PM
StyleTime

thumb up
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFnFKu9QqoA
Originally posted by Surtur

I'm surprised people bought into the hype. The quest for 50-0, the size/age difference, the shit talking, etc, were all just marketing tools. I doubt McGregor genuinely thought he'd win, or that Floyd cared that much about 50-0. In the off chance chance McGregor did get an early KO, Floyd still walks away with tons of money. There is no downside to this fight at all, regardless of outcome. They were totally working together on this.

It's speculated Conor got at least 100 mil and Floyd 300 mil. They're laughing their asses off while people at Sherdog argue Boxing vs MMA.
Originally posted by Sable

Well, Conor has always been upfront that his primary concern is money. He just happens to be super talented, both as a fighter and a hype man.

Keep in mind, I'm not criticizing them. If you told me I could get 100 million dollars for getting my ass beat, I'd wrap my hands right now and walk to Vegas.

Last edited by StyleTime on Aug 31st, 2017 at 10:36 PM

Old Post Aug 31st, 2017 10:29 PM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

It doesn't quite meet the freak show of Ali Vs. Inoki but it might be a new low for the last twenty years for a sports "event".
Inoki nigh-effortlessly dominated Ali tbh (despite the rules being geared toward gimping Inoki's offensive reservoir) and demonstrated the fundamental limitations of boxing as a martial art. It was a great fight tbh fam. thumb up

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 10:07 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

That fight was a debacle, imo. Inoki on his back like some cheap Romanian whore for 90+% of the time and Ali looking like a clown. Not sure Inoki dominated, he did have the best hits though, the very few that were had. All out; both being able to use the full arsenal of their respective sports, Inoki would have likely won as he was around Ali's size, if a bit heavier. Barring Ali catching Inoki with a clean chin-shot as Inoki came in.

Have you see the fight that happened before that match with Andre 'The Giant' Vs Wepner? Wrestling Vs Boxing, it's the match that was the inspiration for Rocky Vs Thunderlips in Rocky III

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 1st, 2017 at 10:52 PM

Old Post Sep 1st, 2017 10:50 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote