KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Thirdhand Smoke

Thirdhand Smoke
Started by: Jmanghan

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Jmanghan

Thirdhand Smoke

This a thread to talk about the threat that thirdhand smoke provides.

Thirdhand smoke is like secondhand smoke, but instead of dissipating, the carcinogens stick around in the form of a brown residue that sticks to clothes, and even hair.

You are at risk if you're a smoker and you don't change your clothes after smoking.

Warrior of Light Respect Thread

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 01:39 PM
Jmanghan is currently offline Click here to Send Jmanghan a Private Message Find more posts by Jmanghan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If you're so concerned over your health you are changing your clothes after every smoke maybe it is time to just quit all together, is what I would say.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 01:42 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Thirdhand smoke is ok. Secondhand smoke is all good. Firsthand smoke is GREAT lol

Seriously, we need to get rid of all the BS anti-smoking laws. Age restrictions are fine even though they're dumb since they don't do much to deter young people from smoking, but restricting independent businessmen from allowing their patrons to smoke is ridiculous.

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 02:13 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:06 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

I like anti-smoking laws, but that's me.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:18 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-

I figure if a bar or restaurant has people smoking and I don't like it I just go to a different bar or restaurant.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:23 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Am I correct in assuming you're a non smoker?

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:30 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Surtur
I figure if a bar or restaurant has people smoking and I don't like it I just go to a different bar or restaurant.

Except that here, if smoking is allowed in bars, you won't find one without it.

Originally posted by darthgoober
Am I correct in assuming you're a non smoker?

Yup.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:33 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Except that here, if smoking is allowed in bars, you won't find one without it.

How is that any more wrong than making it impossible for a smoker to find a bar where it's allowed?

Yup.

Then it's understandable that you like the laws. But to smokers, they are horrible, horrible things. They make you pay out the ass, eat/drink at home if you actually want to enjoy a meal or stiff drink, huddle around in back alleys in the rain like crack heads or hookers all for something that's absolutely legal.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 02:51 PM
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, it's not just you, it's me too.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:00 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

How is that any more wrong than making it impossible for a smoker to find a bar where it's allowed?

Then it's understandable that you like the laws. But to smokers, they are horrible, horrible things. They make you pay out the ass, eat/drink at home if you actually want to enjoy a meal or stiff drink, huddle around in back alleys in the rain like crack heads or hookers all for something that's absolutely legal.
They should try quitting. sad

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:21 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Beniboybling
They should try quitting. sad

I disagree. People who don't like the smell of smoke should stop trying to make it so difficult to smoke that others will hopefully quit just to avoid all the inconveniences they have to endure.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 03:25 PM
Beniboybling
Worst Member

"Don't like the smell of smoke."

laughing out loud

No, we just don't want to breath in your narcotics.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:16 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

"Don't like the smell of smoke."

laughing out loud

Yeah, people who don't like the smell of smoke

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:18 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Considering how harmful smoking is to others around, there should be designated glass smoke boxes (like in some airports) that are sealed and filtered to the outside, where smokers can gather and smoke their tarred-lungs out until their content and I don't have to be around it.

I hated back when people could smoke everywhere, especially restaurants and other social gathering spots. Keep your cancer to yourselves.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:19 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

thumb up Smokers are a health hazard to themselves and those around them, gooby should count his lucky stars it's not illegal.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Hey, I've no problem if someone wants to fill their lungs with carcinogenic tar, have at it, smoke five packs a day as far as I'm concerned. Just keep it far away from us sensible non-smokers. Glass boxes at designated areas around towns and cities solve that. Can even add another small tax to each pack of cigarettes sold to fund these boxes. Win/win.

(please log in to view the image)

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:24 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Robtard
Considering how harmful smoking is to others around, there should be designated glass smoke boxes (like in some airports) that are sealed and filtered to the outside, where smokers can gather and smoke their tarred-lungs out until their content and I don't have to be around it.

I hated back when people could smoke everywhere, especially restaurants and other social gathering spots. Keep your cancer to yourselves.

thumb up Smokers are a health hazard to themselves and those around them, gooby should count his lucky stars it's not illegal.

Have either of you ever watched that show Bullshit on showtine made by Penn and Teller? They did a whole episode focusing on a lot of the myths and hypocracy surrounding non smoking laws. Nether are smokers themselves both are liberals overall, you should watch it. Not just that episode, pretty much the whole series is good.

*Edit*
I just found a clip and it looks like they may smoke. It's been so long since I watched the episode I may be remembering things wrong about that. My bad

Last edited by darthgoober on Aug 23rd, 2017 at 05:30 PM

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:24 PM
Afro Cheese

thirdhand smoke huh. just when i thought debates about smoking couldn't get more boring.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:25 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Don't forget fourth hand smoke; someone could have smoked an hour ago and fart beside you and you're at risk.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:26 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Have either of you ever watched that show Bullshit on showtine made by Penn and Teller? They did a whole episode focusing on a lot of the myths and hypocracy surrounding non smoking laws. Nether are smokers themselves both are liberals overall, you should watch it. Not just that episode, pretty much the whole series is good.

I've seen several episodes of that show.

That doesn't change the fact that non-smokers should have to deal with smokers smoking when we're trying to get a bite to eat, have a drink etc. Like I said, smoke as much as you want, just keep it away from non-smokers thumb up

Though it should be noted that health issues from smoking also cost tax dollars. But we can ignore that for now.

Old Post Aug 23rd, 2017 05:31 PM