KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
StiltmanFTW

quote: (post)
Originally posted by -Pr-
Some massive tonal shifts bothered me. I thought they were far too heavy-handed with the jokes, going further than they really needed to. I thought Yondu's arc, while good by the end, felt kinda rushed. ****ing Pacman and that stupid Superman fight.

Also, the gold race really felt like they were only put in so they could do the whole Adam Warlock reveal at the end.

There is plenty about the movie that I like, mind you. It was really entertaining and I wasn't exactly annoyed about it. I just don't think it lives up to the first in terms of writing and the like.

I did like Kurt Russell though. And Baby Groot.

Jokes were to be expected. You knew it. I knew it. Pacman? Ok, for 2017 year, that really wasn't too much, but I can see how you've had enough of it.

Hey. You can blame many MCU movies for putting stuff like that at the end. Warlock at the end of GotG 2 really wasnt as bad as other endinds.

Anyway, all your opinion. I'm glad you agree with me on Russell's performance, at least. I did not enjoy Baby Groot, btw - kill me.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 03:10 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

vol 3 better feature nudity

Thanks Steve... The Darkside of the force...

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 03:48 AM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW

Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
vol 3 better feature nudity

Bruce as always right thumb up

Lots of nudity, asshots and other snacks.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 03:55 AM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ You 2 got a thing for Chris Pratt?

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 05:05 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji

Most likely closeted homo's.

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 05:25 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-Pr-

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Jokes were to be expected. You knew it. I knew it. Pacman? Ok, for 2017 year, that really wasn't too much, but I can see how you've had enough of it.

Hey. You can blame many MCU movies for putting stuff like that at the end. Warlock at the end of GotG 2 really wasnt as bad as other endinds.

Anyway, all your opinion. I'm glad you agree with me on Russell's performance, at least. I did not enjoy Baby Groot, btw - kill me.

I don't mind jokes. I do mind so many jokes that they ended up seeming extremely forced at times.

I don't mind Pacman as a thing. I thought it made no thematic sense when he's fighting the man that killed his mother. Civil War, which does have its problems, did that properly.

I just thought the gold people were stupid, even if it was nice to see Mitchell from Stargate again.

Best parts of the movie, though? Mister Blue bit at the start, Yondu at the end, and Drax is definitely the highlight, by a LONG way.

"With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured... the first thought forbidden... the first freedom denied chains us all irrevocably."

Old Post Sep 9th, 2017 06:05 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote