KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should we bow in fear and run away from this phrase?

Should we bow in fear and run away from this phrase?
Started by: Sable

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
I'd first like an explanation as to how helping the environment takes away people's jobs.

As would I.

It in fact can create jobs at times, look at the solar industry, it's growing and growing. But you won't hear about that on rightwing rag sites, you'll hear how some hippy wants everyone to never burn fuel again.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 06:53 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by MythLord
I'd first like an explanation as to how helping the environment takes away people's jobs.

....aren't there people against coal mining and shit like that? Environmentalists?

That is just one example too lol.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Your ignorance is showing again, Surtur. The coal mining industry is dying due to changing times and mainly automation. You don't need 50 guys with small machines when a larger machine operated by 3 people can due that same job 10 times over.

As noted, "clean energy" jobs are growing:

http://www.businessinsider.com/sola...b-growth-2017-1
http://fortune.com/2017/02/07/us-solar-jobs-2016/

Last edited by Robtard on Sep 18th, 2017 at 07:36 PM

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
Your ignorance is showing again, Surtur. The coal mining industry is dying due to changing times and mainly automation. You don't need 50 guys with small machines when a larger machine operated by 3 people can due that same job 10 times over.

Okay, as long as there are not environmentalists out there arguing against it, yeah you got me. It's just due to the times.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:35 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Look, at one point whale oil was the fuel people used; times change, it happens. Coal isn't going away tomorrow and it will likely be used in some form for years and years to come, but it's a dying industry.

Don't cry, embrace change. Seriously, you Trumpers and your zealot-like devotion to coal, just weird.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:40 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I...wasn't crying. I was merely illustrating one way in which it might cost some people jobs. Yes indeedy, it also might create other jobs for other people too.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:41 PM
Flyattractor

Have you ever noticed that those "New Environmental Energy
Sources Jobs" are things that really just set out there and don't need any one to operate them.....so yeah. LOTTSA jobs being created there....well for lawn maint and dead fried bird body removal.

So...Yay for Jobs!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:42 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Surtur
I...wasn't crying. I was merely illustrating one way in which it might cost some people jobs. Yes indeedy, it also might create other jobs for other people too.

And as already noted: in the same time creates more jobs in other markets and coal jobs are declining mostly due to automation, so your point was wrong on two fronts.

"Muh coal!" -Trumpers

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:43 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

And as already noted: in the same time creates more jobs and coal jobs are declining mostly due to automation, so your point was wrong on two fronts.

"Muh coal!" -Trumpers

Do the jobs created go to the coal miners?

Also coal was just one example because for some reason people wanted to pretend like nobody would lose their jobs over these things.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:44 PM
Flyattractor

Nope. To all the Illegals.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:45 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Also coal was just one example because for some reason people wanted to pretend like nobody would lose their jobs over these things.

Why would say the solar industry be responsible in giving coal miners jobs when their coal jobs are at risk due to the coal industry being automated, it's an internal issue; not external? Can you answer that.

But oddly enough, some solar company in Ohio (iirc) offered solar industry jobs training to coal miners, they basically got sent to the front if they came from coal.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:47 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Why would say the solar industry be responsible in giving coal miners jobs when their coal jobs are at risk due to the coal industry being automated, it's an internal issue; not external? Can you answer that.

But oddly enough, some solar company in Ohio (iirc) offered solar industry jobs training to coal miners, they basically got sent to the front if they came from coal.

Dude, you got on me for saying jobs will be lost. It seems like YES lol, jobs will be lost. Some jobs, in completely different areas, might be gained true. But that doesn't exactly help out the guys who lost their jobs.

Part of it is automatons, the other part is wanting to move on to cleaner forms of energy.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:49 PM
Flyattractor

Automation will be the END of ALL JOBS eventually.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:55 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Dude, you got on me for saying jobs will be lost. It seems like YES lol, jobs will be lost. Some jobs, in completely different areas, might be gained true. But that doesn't exactly help out the guys who lost their jobs.

Part of it is automatons, the other part is wanting to move on to cleaner forms of energy.

So you can't answer why other [green] industries need to be responsible for coal mining jobs being in decline due to automation within the coal industry. Not surprised.

No and again, the main reason is automation. As noted, it's cheaper to build a machine and have three engineers oversee it than have 50 guys with hand tools. Another is literally technological process that has been happening since at least the industrial revolution, eg as solar and wind become more efficient and cheaper, things like coal become less and less needed. Look, we still use steam power, but is it ubiquitous as it was in the early 20th century? No, it is not. Why? Technological progress. I know, "Muh coal!"

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 07:57 PM
Flyattractor

Obama needs to be held responsible as do many others in the Leftist Regime that purposely targeted these jobs via their fake concern with ENVIRONMENTAL issues simply to help push money to the industries that they were ready to invest in.

That is called Croney Capitalism.

Something the Left loves to condemn verbally but practice behind the curtain.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 08:00 PM
Adam_PoE

Can you tell me a way to avoid additional consequences that wouldn't involve a lot of people losing their jobs, etc.?

Can you tell me how the number of people retaining their jobs will matter if the world is uninhabitable?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 08:29 PM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Can you tell me how the number of people retaining their jobs will matter if the world is uninhabitable?

Trumpers and their weird fascination with retaining coal jobs specifically; just because that was one of Trump's big empty promises (aka lies).

All Trump had to do was this and they fell for yet another con:

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 08:42 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Was it a con when Hillary said she was going to put a lot of coal miners out of jobs, then said she wasn't?

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 08:43 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Trumpers and their weird fascination with retaining coal jobs specifically; just because that was one of Trump's big empty promises (aka lies).

All Trump had to do was this and they fell for yet another con:

(please log in to view the image)

I WANT MAH OBSOLETE JOB BACK!!!

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 08:46 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Adam_PoE

Well, first, we'd need to explore the viability of your assumption which is pretty much 0. The "Runaway Greenhouse Effect" most certainly is not possible on Earth. If you feel that anthropogenic Greenhouse Gas Emissions are going to cause that to happen, then I'll point you to Cambrian Period that that had CO2 levels 18 times higher than today or the Late Ordovician Period which was also an Ice Age that had CO2 levels 12 times higher than today.

There Earth will most likely still be habitable. Probably will not see a "runaway greenhouse effect", etc. etc. blal bla bla

That's just needless fear mongering. What is happening is a hastening out of the current Ice Age and we humans may not be able to adapt to that fast enough and lives will be lost. What that means? There's quite a bit of speculation and quite a bit of already happening problems associated with accelerated climate change.

Old Post Sep 18th, 2017 09:41 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote