KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Azog the Defiler vs Oberyn

Azog the Defiler vs Oberyn
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (10): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

Quit exaggerating the poison's potency you nerd. Azog wins.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 01:49 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by quanchi112
Quit exaggerating the poison's potency you nerd. Azog wins.

Azog loses. Dont assume an arena combat and a field battle are the same!!

Azog loses due to lack of experience, Oberyns agility, and due to the poison!!

Favoritism wont make your points stronger. Just like in Smaug vs Night King, I bet for the one who has the greater chance of winning and not fanantism.

Azog loses becsuse probability is against him. Period.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:00 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Azog loses. Dont assume an arena combat and a field battle are the same!!

Azog loses due to lack of experience, Oberyns agility, and due to the poison!!

Favoritism wont make your points stronger. Just like in Smaug vs Night King, I bet for the one who has the greater chance of winning and not fanantism.

Azog loses becsuse probability is against him. Period.
What is different about this ?

Azog has more experience than Oberyn and you just repeated yourself from a post or so ago. Oberyn has no experience especially anywhere near the tv screen battles to compare to Azog. Oberyn's agility worked against Gregor who is a lot slower and he still had a spear broken in combat.

The piston didn't kill Gregor immediately and he stabbed him multiple times.

Evidence matters not probability.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:03 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Stigma
I'm gonna say: a tie

In a fight Azog wins. He's basically the Mountain on steroids.The only reason I see Azog could have problems with Oberyn is Oberyn's agility.

Also, Oberyn's poison makes the difference. Oberyn needs to poke/slice Azog with his poisoned blade only once, which he will do given his mastery with the spear.

Oberyn possibly dies in a battle. Azog dies later because of the poisoned blade.

Naah Oberyn wins. He is too smart for Azog.

Oberhn knows the poison will act since the first pinch. He will avoid Azog thr whole battle until Azog is too weak to fight.

Oberyn wins.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:18 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Oberyn was not smart enough to kill Gregor despite decimating him in the fight. You're citing things that aren't accurate. Oberyn's arrogance won't matter here since Azog will bury him quickly.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:21 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

What is different about this ?

Azog has more experience than Oberyn and you just repeated yourself from a post or so ago. Oberyn has no experience especially anywhere near the tv screen battles to compare to Azog. Oberyn's agility worked against Gregor who is a lot slower and he still had a spear broken in combat.

The piston didn't kill Gregor immediately and he stabbed him multiple times.

Evidence matters not probability.

Oberyn is the Red Viper of Dorne! Although in the seriesmwe get little to no information about him due to the few episodes, we know that the Viper (Oberyn) is one of the most respected, and feared fighters. He is well experienced in arena combat, which AZOG ISNT. Oberyn has fought many in Essos.

Oberyn would kill Azog!!!

YOU REALIZE that he was actually making fun of the Mountain and wasnt fihgting seriously!?

Ik your Fanatism oftenly clouds your judgement but this is a fight in where Azog is in disadvantage.

Azog dies to the poison!

Furthermore, Oberyn has different poisons he could use! Oberyn used a slow poison for the Mountain so he would suffer! In this case Oberyn could still use a more deadly and quicker poison!

Evidence matters much here!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:24 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Oberyn is the Red Viper of Dorne! Although in the seriesmwe get little to no information about him due to the few episodes, we know that the Viper (Oberyn) is one of the most respected, and feared fighters. He is well experienced in arena combat, which AZOG ISNT. Oberyn has fought many in Essos.

Oberyn would kill Azog!!!

YOU REALIZE that he was actually making fun of the Mountain and wasnt fihgting seriously!?

Ik your Fanatism oftenly clouds your judgement but this is a fight in where Azog is in disadvantage.

Azog dies to the poison!

Furthermore, Oberyn has different poisons he could use! Oberyn used a slow poison for the Mountain so he would suffer! In this case Oberyn could still use a more deadly and quicker poison!

Evidence matters much here!
So you're speculating and praising him when we see him dominate one fight and lose to arrogance. Odd.

Nah, Azog would bury him. Gregor is pathetic and only needed to connect once to completely have Oberyn at his mercy. He was poisoned and critically wounded yet still managed to kill Oberyn.

He had the Mountain decimated but managed to **** it up. Oberyn crushes him I agree outside of those circumstances but he's fighting someone faster, smarter, more experienced, stronger, and more durable than Gregor.

So now you're saying he brings another poison to the fight we haven't seen and speculating. That's called bias. You speculate all the time and ignore the evidence.

Thorin would also bury Oberyn or the Mountain in combat. Lotr elites are superior to GoT elites.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 03:36 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So you're speculating and praising him when we see him dominate one fight and lose to arrogance. Odd.

Nah, Azog would bury him. Gregor is pathetic and only needed to connect once to completely have Oberyn at his mercy. He was poisoned and critically wounded yet still managed to kill Oberyn.

He had the Mountain decimated but managed to **** it up. Oberyn crushes him I agree outside of those circumstances but he's fighting someone faster, smarter, more experienced, stronger, and more durable than Gregor.

So now you're saying he brings another poison to the fight we haven't seen and speculating. That's called bias. You speculate all the time and ignore the evidence.

Thorin would also bury Oberyn or the Mountain in combat. Lotr elites are superior to GoT elites.

Am not speculating nothing. The books have said so, and the Series follow the books characteristics! Althouh it wasnt shown on screen it doesnt mean that his history isnt there.

Oberyn is still faster and smarter!

Oberyn took the fight personal vs the Mountain! The samething doesnt apply here!

Oberyn decimates Azog whether you like it or not.

You cant compare the way he fought The Mountain with the Way he fights in general.

Oberyn has several poisons he could use, that is a fact not Speculation!

No matter how much you Like LoTR that doesnt mean your elites are better!

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 04:01 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Am not speculating nothing. The books have said so, and the Series follow the books characteristics! Althouh it wasnt shown on screen it doesnt mean that his history isnt there.

Oberyn is still faster and smarter!

Oberyn took the fight personal vs the Mountain! The samething doesnt apply here!

Oberyn decimates Azog whether you like it or not.

You cant compare the way he fought The Mountain with the Way he fights in general.

Oberyn has several poisons he could use, that is a fact not Speculation!

No matter how much you Like LoTR that doesnt mean your elites are better!
Tv series only and they are different just as the films greatly differ from the books. I believe he isn't some noob but we don't know hence why Azog has more experience. It's factual since we've seen him in more battles and combat situations. Not only that but he leads massive armies he doesn't just fight someone one on one to ultimately lose to an inferior opponent.

Saying he is smarter without proof is baseless. We see he isn't combat smart. Pulling your weapon out and bragging isn't intelligent. It's the exact opposite.

So I can't use his only combat fight to draw conclusions ? Odd.

What faster poisons has he used on the show. Prove it. If you can't then it's a baseless claim.

It's pretty obvious the Lotr elites are vastly superior to the GoT elites. Create a thread anywhere and see what the majority says. It isn't just me and I have a mountain of evidence to back my claims.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 04:05 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Tv series only and they are different just as the films greatly differ from the books. I believe he isn't some noob but we don't know hence why Azog has more experience. It's factual since we've seen him in more battles and combat situations. Not only that but he leads massive armies he doesn't just fight someone one on one to ultimately lose to an inferior opponent.

Saying he is smarter without proof is baseless. We see he isn't combat smart. Pulling your weapon out and bragging isn't intelligent. It's the exact opposite.

So I can't use his only combat fight to draw conclusions ? Odd.

What faster poisons has he used on the show. Prove it. If you can't then it's a baseless claim.

It's pretty obvious the Lotr elites are vastly superior to the GoT elites. Create a thread anywhere and see what the majority says. It isn't just me and I have a mountain of evidence to back my claims.

That doesnt mean that a character's history isnt the same. Unless the shows porve otherwise, Oberyn's abilities in the book are the same as the shows.

So no, Oberyn is more experienced.

Azogs pride makes him lose this one. Oberyn knows how to manipulate and come on top of his opponents, something Azog doesnt.

This is a 1 to 1 arena combat. Not a field war. Azogs experience helps him little here.

In the books he has shown having stronger poisons! If the show doesnt contradict it is because they are following the books. Dont come and try to trick me by saying that a character loses his book traits if not shown on screen!

You have a mountain of favoritism not claims! LoTR elites arent better than ours, that claim itself proves that you are supporting Azog due to fanatism not due to logic or evidence!

Ive participated in several threads where ive proven my elites to defeat yours. Smaug vs NK is one, this is another, the ones ive not participated is because i dont let my FANSTISM sink in! You should try it sometimes!

laughing

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 04:27 PM
quanchi112
Disney

That doesnt mean that a character's history isnt the same. Unless the shows porve otherwise, Oberyn's abilities in the book are the same as the shows.

So no, Oberyn is more experienced.

Azogs pride makes him lose this one. Oberyn knows how to manipulate and come on top of his opponents, something Azog doesnt.

This is a 1 to 1 arena combat. Not a field war. Azogs experience helps him little here.

In the books he has shown having stronger poisons! If the show doesnt contradict it is because they are following the books. Dont come and try to trick me by saying that a character loses his book traits if not shown on screen!

You have a mountain of favoritism not claims! LoTR elites arent better than ours, that claim itself proves that you are supporting Azog due to fanatism not due to logic or evidence!

Ive participated in several threads where ive proven my elites to defeat yours. Smaug vs NK is one, this is another, the ones ive not participated is because i dont let my FANSTISM sink in! You should try it sometimes!

laughing
No, if you want the books to be counted then go to the all vs or the foreign cinema section.

You haven't proven it you've stated it while ignoring the rules of this forum. Tell me why you believe Oberyn Martell is more experienced than Azog.

Oberyn lost due to his pride so tell me why the exact opposite happens here. You're arguing the complete opposite outcome of the evidence or their history. Oberyn lost due to pride or arrogance. That's a fact the show runners have stated as such.

Azog has more one on one combat experience than Oberyn.
laughing out loud

Explain the difference though between one on one combat and war combat.

I point you into the direction of the rules. You're ignoring the rules because you want the inexperienced Oberyn an advantage when the only poison we have seen didn't kill a regular human being immediately or in the long run.

I've stated my reasoning. Superior strength, durability, damage soak.

Nah, you're wrong Smaug crushed the NK. He's rather weak compared to Smaug.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:02 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

No, if you want the books to be counted then go to the all vs or the foreign cinema section.

You haven't proven it you've stated it while ignoring the rules of this forum. Tell me why you believe Oberyn Martell is more experienced than Azog.

Oberyn lost due to his pride so tell me why the exact opposite happens here. You're arguing the complete opposite outcome of the evidence or their history. Oberyn lost due to pride or arrogance. That's a fact the show runners have stated as such.

Azog has more one on one combat experience than Oberyn.
laughing out loud

Explain the difference though between one on one combat and war combat.

I point you into the direction of the rules. You're ignoring the rules because you want the inexperienced Oberyn an advantage when the only poison we have seen didn't kill a regular human being immediately or in the long run.

I've stated my reasoning. Superior strength, durability, damage soak.

Nah, you're wrong Smaug crushed the NK. He's rather weak compared to Smaug.

Lol, the books still count if the Shows follow the books info dummy! Haha

Oberyn Wins. Your character is at a disadvantage here, and I ALSWAYS BET FOR THE WINNING SIDE and not based on likings.

Oberyn Stopms just like NK did.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 07:56 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Lol, the books still count if the Shows follow the books info dummy! Haha

Oberyn Wins. Your character is at a disadvantage here, and I ALSWAYS BET FOR THE WINNING SIDE and not based on likings.

Oberyn Stopms just like NK did.
No, you're blatantly breaking the rules. Poor form.

Oberyn is my favorite GoT character. He just doesn't stack up against Azog who has huge advantages against this little man.

One hard strike and his teeth fly out. Then he's defenseless. Azog wins because he's stronger, more durable, and more experienced. Believe that.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:45 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Oberyn is my favorite GoT character. He just doesn't stack up against Azog who has huge advantages against this little man.

One hard strike and his teeth fly out. Then he's defenseless. Azog wins because he's stronger, more durable, and more experienced. Believe that.

Azog has no advantages here:
Oberyn is faster
One pinch and poison affects him
No Arena experience

Your ido falls. You can go and change your signature now.

And no, am not breaking any rules. Just because the show didnt show it, it doesnt mean it isnt there.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:51 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Oberyn is faster
No Arena experience

And no, am not breaking any rules. Just because the show didnt show it, it doesnt mean it isnt there.
So you don't believe he's stronger and more durable. laughing out loud

Oberyn isn't good enough to put Azog down. Once Azog connects he's done for. Azog is faster than the Mountain and stronger.

We only go by the show hence your claim is baseless.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 09:58 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Oberyn is faster
No Arena experience

And no, am not breaking any rules. Just because the show didnt show it, it doesnt mean it isnt there. As long as a Movie or Show doesnt retcon the Books info, then these is still valid for that Show or movie. Dont try to trick me with that.

Old Post Sep 20th, 2017 11:52 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Oberyn is faster
No Arena experience

And no, am not breaking any rules. Just because the show didnt show it, it doesnt mean it isnt there. As long as a Movie or Show doesnt retcon the Books info, then these is still valid for that Show or movie. Dont try to trick me with that.
So you failed to address my post and repeated yourself. The poison didn't stop Gregor from knocking his teeth out and crushing his head. Evidence. smile

Strength, durability, and experience are Azog's advantages. What about Serena combat is so strange to Azog ? Debating is when you explain your reasoning not just repeat yourself.

To back a claim you have to prove it. That's debating 101. That is against the rules it's the show only. Reread the rules. This is pretty simple.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:07 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So you failed to address my post and repeated yourself. The poison didn't stop Gregor from knocking his teeth out and crushing his head. Evidence. smile

Strength, durability, and experience are Azog's advantages. What about Serena combat is so strange to Azog ? Debating is when you explain your reasoning not just repeat yourself.

To back a claim you have to prove it. That's debating 101. That is against the rules it's the show only. Reread the rules. This is pretty simple.

Azog isnt the Mountain, nor will Oberyn have any reason why to get careless or to fight arrogantly. Your evidence is disclaimed!

Arena Comabating is a 1 to 1 in where there are no interventions from other characters. Azog is used to fight in wars, and uses his orcs to support him. Azog will have to face 1 enemy on his own, in where he will have to find a way to get to his enemy. Arena combat requires more brains that mere combat skills! You have to discover and find your enemies' weak points, something Azog isnt familiar to.

Oberyn is still faster, has more stamina, and is wiser in combat. Oberyn knows how to use his enemies disadvantages to his own! He will have no problem in finding Azog weak points and bringing him down.

Again deceiving me wont work.

NOWHERE in the Show is it said that OBERYN HAS ONLY 1 poison! NOR DOES IT SAY that Oberyn ONLY USES the poison used against the Mountain.

ITS NOT COINCEDENCE he is called the RED VIPER, he has an arsenal of different poisons he can use. THE SHOWS HAVE NOT RESTRICTED NOR RETCON this information THEREFORE IT IS VALID.

The only one repeating himself and avoiding facts is you here.

Azog loses, he is at a disadvantage here whether you like it or not.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:48 AM
quanchi112
Disney

Azog isnt the Mountain, nor will Oberyn have any reason why to get careless or to fight arrogantly. Your evidence is disclaimed!
You are right Azog is superior to Gregor so he kills Oberyn. He's far quicker, more skilled, and stronger than Gregor. Argument ethered.
quote:

Arena Comabating is a 1 to 1 in where there are no interventions from other characters. Azog is used to fight in wars, and uses his orcs to support him. Azog will have to face 1 enemy on his own, in where he will have to find a way to get to his enemy. Arena combat requires more brains that mere combat skills! You have to discover and find your enemies' weak points, something Azog isnt familiar to. [/B]
The bitter irony is Oberyn was the guy distracted in one on one combat. laughing out loud

Azog is used to fighting one on one because he he's done so. For ****s sake it's easier. War combat require more brains since outside threats could come at you at any point. One on one means you can focus freely on one opponent. smile

quote:

Oberyn is still faster, has more stamina, and is wiser in combat. Oberyn knows how to use his enemies disadvantages to his own! He will have no problem in finding Azog weak points and bringing him down.

Again deceiving me wont work.

NOWHERE in the Show is it said that OBERYN HAS ONLY 1 poison! NOR DOES IT SAY that Oberyn ONLY USES the poison used against the Mountain.

ITS NOT COINCEDENCE he is called the RED VIPER, he has an arsenal of different poisons he can use. THE SHOWS HAVE NOT RESTRICTED NOR RETCON this information THEREFORE IT IS VALID.

The only one repeating himself and avoiding facts is you here.

Azog loses, he is at a disadvantage here whether you like it or not. [/B]
Based off what does he have more stamina ? He isn't wiser he lost after winning. Quit saying things that aren't true. Oberyn is slightly quicker but Azog has greater strength and is faster than Gregor who was quick enough to break his spear and toss him.

Nowhere does it show him using a quicker poison. You don't understand the simple basics of debating. You made a claim and can't prove it. You're making shit up. We only use the shows. GoT is what we are debating not the books.

You don't make any sense.

Azog wins but you'll just repeat yourself ad nauseam.

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 01:59 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

You are right Azog is superior to Gregor so he kills Oberyn. He's far quicker, more skilled, and stronger than Gregor. Argument ethered.
The bitter irony is Oberyn was the guy distracted in one on one combat. laughing out loud

Azog is used to fighting one on one because he he's done so. For ****s sake it's easier. War combat require more brains since outside threats could come at you at any point. One on one means you can focus freely on one opponent. smile

Based off what does he have more stamina ? He isn't wiser he lost after winning. Quit saying things that aren't true. Oberyn is slightly quicker but Azog has greater strength and is faster than Gregor who was quick enough to break his spear and toss him.

Nowhere does it show him using a quicker poison. You don't understand the simple basics of debating. You made a claim and can't prove it. You're making shit up. We only use the shows. GoT is what we are debating not the books.

You don't make any sense.

Azog wins but you'll just repeat yourself ad nauseam.

Without evidence and based on mere fanatism your claim has sunk.

No, you have friends which deal with outside foes. 1 to 1 requires more brains cause your opponent is finding ways to kill you and you must do so too. Arena combat requires strategy and brains which Azog has no preparation for, while Oberyn does, My dude has an advantage over yours here.

Quick avoiding that Oberyn wad mocking The Mountain because of a personal issue he had with him! He put his guard down! Oberyn wont do the same with Asog! That point of yours has also sank!

Manticore Poison is faster! Melissandres poison is also faster! All of these poisons the Red Viper has to his disposal! You have no sense of logic! Show follows the book else contradicted by the same show! Another point which sinks!

Here the poisons of westeros! And the Red Viper is a knoen user of these! Your fanatism leads you to unreasonable replies!
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...p;pagenumber=12

Am a good debater, unlike you i pick based on evidence not fanatism.
stick out tongue

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Sep 21st, 2017 at 02:34 AM

Old Post Sep 21st, 2017 02:31 AM