KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Choose one armor, Destroyer Vs Iron Man

Choose one armor, Destroyer Vs Iron Man
Started by: TethAdamTheRock

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sable
Thats a slit in the armor just like on every other part of its armor, even if it is a hole, what proof do you have the hole regenerated? Also you are downgrading the Destroyer armor as well, so you can't have it both ways in another debate.

Based off your argument, now you have to stick to the armor being damaged from here on out.
There's a hole in that photo I posted. If there was a slit, the hole would be longer and wider to follow the slit.

What do you mean changing my argument? I'm not trying to have it both ways. This doesn't conflict with anything I've ever said about the armor. I haven't ever even been in an intense debate about the armor to my knowledge, so you sound like your confusing me with someone else. Plus, being stabbed by Asgardian weapons isn't the same as being stabbed by normal weapons. Just look at Thor. The dude has all kinds of durability feats, but he got pierced by Loki's asgardian knives all the same.

Originally posted by Silent Master
If the spear went through the armor itself, how could the Destroyer have repaired itself while the spear was still there. plus if the spear was still going through the metal. when the Destroyer rotated the bands in order to turn around. the spear would have ripped a line all the way around, doing massive damage.
Yeah, but that's assuming it doesn't just reform around the spear on a smaller scale. Hell, maybe that did rip out at an angle and the it just reformed that section. There's no way to tell since we don't get the angle. All we do know is that there's a hole there in it's upper back at one point, and it's embedded in its neck slit when it's completely turned around. The only way that's possible is if it reforms.

Also rewatching the scene, where the destroyer gets the spear out, you can clearly see there is no hole, it was apart of his armor. You only screen shooting the best part for your argument, you didn't just post the clip so we can all see, there wasn't a hole.

[youtube]cwqvidnS21U[/youtube
Because thats when it's already turned around. That part is screenshotted because you only get that angle to look at the original piecing on its back. At first it's in its back. Then it's in its neck. It reformed the embedded location.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 27th, 2017 at 08:46 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:40 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Actually there is a way to tell, based of how the destroyer gets the spear out, if you look at the area.

Also all of his amor spun around, if there was a hole the spear would have been turned around with every thing else, it didn't. And you can clearly see the armor moving around the spear.

Thats the proof it was in the slit and not hole.

Last edited by Sable on Sep 27th, 2017 at 08:45 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:42 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Actually there is a way to tell, based of how the destroyer gets the spear out, if you look at the area.

Also all of his amor spun around, if there was a hole the spear would have been turned around with every thing else, it wasn't.

Thats the proof it was in the slit and not hole
Unless it just reformed around the spear the same way the rest of it's body did. There's no way to tell after he turns around. The picture I posted before pretty clearly shows a hole, because a slit would have widened all along the slit. Not just that small section it pierced.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:46 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

You can clearly see the armor moving around the spear and exiting in a slit in the amor, this is an open and shut case.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:46 PM
Sable is currently offline Click here to Send Sable a Private Message Find more posts by Sable Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

You can clearly see the armor moving around the spear and exiting in a slit in the amor, this is an open and shut case.
Sure, if you want to ignore photo evidence.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:48 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

The hole you think you see is based off the angle of the shot, if you cared to watch the whole video, from a different angle which has a better shot, you would see you are wrong.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:50 PM
Silent Master

If the spear made a hole in the armor that means the spear is surrounded on all sides by metal. If the spear is surrounded by metal then sed metal moving would either rip the spear out of the ground or rip a line through the moving metal.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:52 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Powers

While not as powerful as the comic version, despite this, the Destroyer is one of the most powerful non-living weapons in the MCU. The Destroyer operates at the behest of whomever holds Gungnir, the Asgardian ruler's spear, and can therefore be used for good or for evil depending on who sits on the throne. It can also therefore be stopped by an attack on its vulnerable master. The Destroyer was programmed solely for battle and destruction.

Advanced Strength: The Destroyer's large size and construction gives it a formidable physical power, enough to bat away a car hurled at it with apparent ease and swat Thor back several feet with one hit (although Thor was temporarily human at the time).

Advanced Durability: The Destroyer was constructed of alien materials that makes it highly resistant to damage. Even when pierced by an Asgardian lance it was able to continue functioning and remove it from its body and showed no signs of damage from it.

Energy Blast: The Destroyer contains Odinforce that can be unleashed through an aperture in its head. When it does this, part of the facial structure retracts downward into the lower face and the energy discharge lances out the orange-white beam. The touch of this beam was enough to blast a car to pieces or vaporize a living being. At full power, it nearly devastated half of a town.

Retrograde Positioning: The Destroyer is able to move its armor pieces so that it faces the opposite way without turning around; its back side becomes its front side and vice versa. This was used when Lady Sif drove a lance through its back and the Destroyer positions itself to blast her.

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Destroyer

I rest my case.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 08:53 PM
Arachnid1

Powers

While not as powerful as the comic version, despite this, the Destroyer is one of the most powerful non-living weapons in the MCU. The Destroyer operates at the behest of whomever holds Gungnir, the Asgardian ruler's spear, and can therefore be used for good or for evil depending on who sits on the throne. It can also therefore be stopped by an attack on its vulnerable master. The Destroyer was programmed solely for battle and destruction.

Advanced Strength: The Destroyer's large size and construction gives it a formidable physical power, enough to bat away a car hurled at it with apparent ease and swat Thor back several feet with one hit (although Thor was temporarily human at the time).

Advanced Durability: The Destroyer was constructed of alien materials that makes it highly resistant to damage. Even when pierced by an Asgardian lance it was able to continue functioning and remove it from its body and showed no signs of damage from it.

Energy Blast: The Destroyer contains Odinforce that can be unleashed through an aperture in its head. When it does this, part of the facial structure retracts downward into the lower face and the energy discharge lances out the orange-white beam. The touch of this beam was enough to blast a car to pieces or vaporize a living being. At full power, it nearly devastated half of a town.

Retrograde Positioning: The Destroyer is able to move its armor pieces so that it faces the opposite way without turning around; its back side becomes its front side and vice versa. This was used when Lady Sif drove a lance through its back and the Destroyer positions itself to blast her.

http://marvel-movies.wikia.com/wiki/The_Destroyer

I rest my case.
1. That's a wiki page.

2. It showed no signs of damage after turning around and reforming.

If the spear went through the armor itself, how could the Destroyer have repaired itself while the spear was still there. plus if the spear was still going through the metal. when the Destroyer rotated the bands in order to turn around. the spear would have ripped a line all the way around, doing massive damage.

Like I said:

Originally posted by Arachnid1
Yeah, but that's assuming it doesn't just reform around the spear on a smaller scale.

I'm not trying to be stubborn here (and it's pointless to keep repeating ourselves), but that photo does show a hole. The way the hole curves downwards so steeply instead of widening along the slit suggest the metal was in someway warped. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. Now lets say, for the sake of argument, that it did go through a slit. The curve of the metal at the entry point is still too steep for it to be just sitting there. It would have had to at least warp the edges. This seems less likely though, because it probably would have just pushed the bands apart.

PWNT

Last edited by Arachnid1 on Sep 27th, 2017 at 09:14 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:06 PM
Silent Master

Reforming around the spear would still mean the spear is surrounded on all sides by metal and thus when the bands move, the spear would either get ripped out of the ground or rip through the metal.

Why are we even wasting time with this tangent as even if we grant self-healing to the Destroyer, the IM armor is still the better choice.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:16 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Reforming around the spear would still mean the spear is surrounded on all sides by metal and thus when the bands move, the spear would either get ripped out of the ground or rip through the metal.

Why are we even wasting time with this tangent as even if we grant self-healing to the Destroyer, the IM armor is still the better choice.
I more mean "restructuring" as opposed to reforming. Maybe it just pushed out the spear to the nearest chink like how your skin would eventually push out a splinter. That's a stab in the dark though since we never actually get to see how it happened.

IDK thats a good point. Reforming or not, I'd still take Jarvis and the armor.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:21 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

Because he made the claim and stuck on the idea and can't accept he's wrong.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:22 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. That's a wiki page.

2. It showed no signs of damage after turning around and reforming.

Like I said:

I'm not trying to be stubborn here (and it's pointless to keep repeating ourselves), but that photo does show a hole. The way the hole curves downwards so steeply instead of widening along the slit suggest the metal was in someway warped. It just doesn't make sense otherwise. Now lets say, for the sake of argument, that it did go through a slit. The curve of the metal at the entry point is still too steep for it to be just sitting there. It would have had to at least warp the edges. This seems less likely though, because it probably would have just pushed the bands apart.

Read the rules of the forum. Wiki pages count here and I would take them as more credible evidence then your opnion.

The rest of that is your flawed opinion based on flawed facts. The armor was never damaged.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:24 PM
Arachnid1

Read the rules of the forum. Wiki pages count here and I would take then as more credible evidence then your opnion.

The rest of that is your flawed opinion based on flawed facts. The armor was never damaged.
You seriously think that a wiki page is better evidence than a still from the movie?

"2) Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia are your friends. Use them wisely to find all sorts of neat material for your threads."

I think you're confused. Go ahead and ask a mod if that means wiki itself is the "credible evidence".

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:28 PM
TheLordofMurder

I'd pick the Destroyer Armor in a heartbeat...

Especially if, at some point in time, the Destroyer demonstrates the same capability that it does in the comics (the ability to house the spiritual energies of the entire Asgardian Race and grow exponentially more powerful as a result)...

Even asumming that it never shows the ability to do that, I'd still pick the Destroyer; near Invulnerability with zero maintenance is too good to pass up...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:29 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

You seriously think that a wiki page is better evidence than a still from the movie?

"2) Google, YouTube, and Wikipedia are your friends. Use them wisely to find all sorts of neat material for your threads."

I think you're confused. Go ahead and ask a mod if that means wiki itself is the "credible evidence".

I watched the same video as you. Your evidence is based on a bad angle. I said that wiki is more credible then your opinion.

If it made a hole in the armor. The spear would have spun around or warped the armor. It did neither.

Last edited by Sable on Sep 27th, 2017 at 09:32 PM

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:30 PM
TheLordofMurder

My two cents:

The Armor was clearly damaged as it was temporarily shut down by Sif's attack and had to reboot itself...

As for the Spear, the armor is "magic" (actually extremely advanced tech) so it can apparently do things that defy logic was pertains to fixing itself around the spear...

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:32 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Yes, it's magical tech

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:36 PM
Arachnid1

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
My two cents:

The Armor was clearly damaged as it was temporarily shut down by Sif's attack and had to reboot itself...

As for the Spear, the armor is "magic" (actually extremely advanced tech) so it can apparently do things that defy logic was pertains to fixing itself around the spear...
These are the exact points I've been making. At this point, it feels like I'm just repeating them over and over. Either way, like SM said. This tangent isn't worth the effort.

Also, I'm kind of surprised you picked the Destroyer over the IM armor. What applications do you have in mind for it? I guess it'd be a pretty sweet weapon you could contract out and be rich off of, but it doesn't do much besides lumber around and shoot lasers.

If it ever did approach it's comic self though, that would be pretty different.

PWNT

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:37 PM
Sable
Restricted

Account Restricted

If it made a hole in the armor. The spear would have spun around or warped the armor. It did neither. This is undeniable no matter how hard you want to avoid it.

Old Post Sep 27th, 2017 09:38 PM