KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Sandor Clegane vs. Arya Stark

Sandor Clegane vs. Arya Stark
Started by: FrothByte

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Arya, she's too fast/agile. But if the Hound can hit her or get his hands on her, she's done.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:37 AM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NemeBro
Provide some cold, hard evidence for this bold claim.

I know you can't though. You never do. You're a worthless piece of human garbage. thumb up

I could. Should I? Clearly you have no sense of reason.

Do yourself a favor kid, and go watch Game of Thrones before posting.

(By that i mean i won't waste my time bringing evidence to a person who clearly doesn't know what he is talking about).

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:56 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Rebel95
Arya, she's too fast/agile. But if the Hound can hit her or get his hands on her, she's done.

If Brienne couldnt, i don't see why Sandor could.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:57 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I could. Should I? Clearly you have no sense of reason.

Do yourself a favor kid, and go watch Game of Thrones before posting.

(By that i mean i won't waste my time bringing evidence to a person who clearly doesn't know what he is talking about).
I accept your concession nerd. thumb up

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 03:21 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by NemeBro
I accept your concession nerd. thumb up

thumb up

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 03:30 AM
Psychotron

Originally posted by FrothByte
The first tournament I ever went to I was eliminated by a 55 yr old, 5 foot woman.

Don't get me wrong, size and strength definitely has advantages. But leverage and physics will still trump size and strength, as long as you're able to do it properly.

So you tried to cut her in half with a bastard sword and she blocked it? Remember, I was talking about blocking, nothing more.

She doesn't need to.

Arya is fast enough to evade every blow from Sandor.

Arya takes this, Sandor isn't even NEAR to the level Arya is.

Lol wut? What has Arya done to put her on the Hound's level?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:08 AM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Psychotron
So you tried to cut her in half with a bastard sword and she blocked it? Remember, I was talking about blocking, nothing more.

Not a bastard sword, no. I was using a scottish broadsword and she blocked it with her rapier's hilt a few times. Wouldn't matter how strongly I tried to hit, there's too much leverage advantage there. If you fenced you'd understand the concept of strong and weak of the blade. As long as the blade doesn't break, it's going to be very hard to power through someone who blocks close to their guard, especially if they brace their body behind it.

Why do you think shields work?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 04:07 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

Not a bastard sword, no. I was using a scottish broadsword and she blocked it with her rapier's hilt a few times. Wouldn't matter how strongly I tried to hit, there's too much leverage advantage there. If you fenced you'd understand the concept of strong and weak of the blade. As long as the blade doesn't break, it's going to be very hard to power through someone who blocks close to their guard, especially if they brace their body behind it.

Why do you think shields work?

Well, considering Sandor has bisected a man wearing plate armor as well as cut through Berric's sword I think it's fair to say he can do that to Arya's toothpick. He won't in the show because grrl power, but that's another matter.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 04:50 PM
Psychotron is currently offline Click here to Send Psychotron a Private Message Find more posts by Psychotron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Defeat the one who defeated the Hound: Brienne.

Arya has become one of the best fighters in the realm. Maybe only Jaime could be at her level. Or Ned Stark.

You know, the old experienced fighters.

Arya had no trouble fighting Brienne, which puts her automatically on top of the Hound.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:01 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Well, considering Sandor has bisected a man wearing plate armor as well as cut through Berric's sword I think it's fair to say he can do that to Arya's toothpick. He won't in the show because grrl power, but that's another matter.

It will be dependent on how strong Needle is. Like I said, if the blade holds then Arya should be able to block with proper technique. If it breaks, well, she gets cut in two.

It doesn't really matter anyway since I don't recall Arya ever performing a hard block with her sword. She parries, deflects and dodges.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:21 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Defeat the one who defeated the Hound: Brienne.

Arya has become one of the best fighters in the realm. Maybe only Jaime could be at her level. Or Ned Stark.

You know, the old experienced fighters.

Arya had no trouble fighting Brienne, which puts her automatically on top of the Hound.

To be fair, Brienne never defeated the Hound in a fair fight. And Brienne wasn't taking Arya seriously in the first few seconds of their fight.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:22 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

This literally comes down to a single blow from Sandor. If he can catch Arya, she's dead as dust. However, if she goes straight for the kill like she demonstrated she could against Brienne. I see her taking some wins. She knows all about Hound, but he's never seen Arya fight properly like she can now. He wouldn't expect her to dodge a strike, pop up behind him and drive Needle through the back of his neck.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:23 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psychotron

It will be dependent on how strong Needle is. Like I said, if the blade holds then Arya should be able to block with proper technique. If it breaks, well, she gets cut in two.

It doesn't really matter anyway since I don't recall Arya ever performing a hard block with her sword. She parries, deflects and dodges.

Needle is just normal steel blade, I doubt the Hound will have a problem with it.

Maybe, I don't want to re-watch that awful scene again. I think the Hound is the kind of guy who would take a stab just to disarm Arya, and then it's gg no re. He's been through worse, after all.

Btw, I love how the Hound has to be naked for Arya to have a chance. If he was fully geared he would walk her down.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 05:58 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Needle is just normal steel blade, I doubt the Hound will have a problem with it.

Maybe, I don't want to re-watch that awful scene again. I think the Hound is the kind of guy who would take a stab just to disarm Arya, and then it's gg no re. He's been through worse, after all.

Btw, I love how the Hound has to be naked for Arya to have a chance. If he was fully geared he would walk her down.

Allowing one opponent armor and the other none hardly seems fair.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:20 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by KingD19
This literally comes down to a single blow from Sandor. If he can catch Arya, she's dead as dust. However, if she goes straight for the kill like she demonstrated she could against Brienne. I see her taking some wins. She knows all about Hound, but he's never seen Arya fight properly like she can now. He wouldn't expect her to dodge a strike, pop up behind him and drive Needle through the back of his neck.

thumb up

Lol, Needle is Valyrian steel dude. Is harder than normal steel.

Could he take multiple stabs? Cause Arya would stabb him to death without Sandor even being able to see the hits coming.

Arya>Brienne who is > than Sandor.

That should make it clear who the victor here is.

Arya doesn't need the Armor. Armor would only make her heavier and slower, which would in fact make it unfair, since Arya has never weared armor when fighting.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:31 PM
Psychotron

Why? Arya chooses to fight that way. It's her style to be quick and nimble, right?

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:35 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Why? Arya chooses to fight that way. It's her style to be quick and nimble, right?

If we gave both of them access to full equipment then Arya would be using different disguises and be using poison and deciept to kill Sandor.

That would make for a boring fight. So I removed most of their regular gear and limited them to a sword each.

It's not like Sandor is helpless without armor.

Last edited by FrothByte on Oct 9th, 2017 at 09:15 PM

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:08 PM
Psychotron

If we gave both of them access to full equipment then Arya would be using different disguises and be using poison and deciept to kill Sandor.

That would make for a boring fight. So I removed most of their regular gear and limited them to a sword each.

It's not like Sandor is helpless without armor.

That wouldn't be a fight, that would be assassination.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 09:35 PM
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

[QUOTE=16359640]Originally posted by Psychotron
That wouldn't be a fight, that would be assassination. [/QUOTE

And 5 foot tall Arya vs 6'6 Sandor in full plate with her very short rapier is futile because she could only target his facr and maybe hands. You cant have it both ways.

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 03:02 AM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by KingD19
And 5 foot tall Arya vs 6'6 Sandor in full plate with her very short rapier is futile because she could only target his facr and maybe hands. You cant have it both ways.
No, there's a big difference between Sandor being given access to his full preferred equipment and making a fight that isn't even a versus thread, but a "Sandor sits on his hands doing nothing in particular while Arya plots to specifically kill him without his knowledge".

That's not a fight my friend, no more than making a thread where Arya is strapped to a bed butt naked and the Hound is feeling randy and wants to rape her would be a fight. thumb up

Old Post Oct 10th, 2017 03:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote