KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Pit Bulls...America's most hated dog

Pit Bulls...America's most hated dog
Started by: Raisen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kurk
Restricted

Account Restricted

Don't know too much about dogs. But if they're deemed to be more violent, it's due to genetic sequences being activated by environmental events.

"Technology equals might!" "Evolve or perish"

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:06 AM
Kurk is currently offline Click here to Send Kurk a Private Message Find more posts by Kurk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

aka Shit Head Owners and AHole Neighbors.

That is correct.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:12 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BackFire
They are victims. The stigma pushes many of them into a vicious cycle where families do not want them, so they have trouble finding good homes, and so they end up being taken by assholes running dog fighting rings.

Put a pitbull in a good home early on and he'll be as kind and sweet as any other dog.

Part of the stigma is that Pits are mongrels, which makes them more common among the poor. Poor households are more likely to be unstable and violent, which leads to unstable and violent dogs.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:27 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

That and their is the Elitist Mentality to put a negative spin on thing about those that they feel are BELOW them....a point that Adam pretty much just made.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 02:29 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I don't mind them. I have a cottage in Indiana and down the street lives a family friend who had a pit bull for a long time. So I was around it a lot and it never gave me any issues.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 03:40 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

People should only be allowed to have Purse Puppies.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 03:41 AM
Raisen

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Part of the stigma is that Pits are mongrels, which makes them more common among the poor. Poor households are more likely to be unstable and violent, which leads to unstable and violent dogs.

it's the ghetto people ruining these dogs. they were originally culled when shown human aggression. it wasn't supposed to be in their dna.
thanks to hoodrats seeing their potential and breeding human aggression into the dogs we are now seeing some totally different creatures than they were originally intended to be.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:51 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

Pit Bulls suffer from a lot of the same unwarranted stigma Rottweilers do. Fact is that both those breeds are strong, loyal, intelligent and alert. Which makes them great guard/security dogs. So, then a lot of ignorant people assume they are used in those roles because they are inherently vicious monsters. But when you talk to people who actually own these dogs, they tell you the real story. And I can speak from experience myself. Not about Pit Bulls per se, but I've been around Rottweilers since I was born, and currently own two of them. They're giant babies who think they're lapdogs. But, like Pitt Bulls, they get a very bad rep. And mostly from people who have never even owned one.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 06:58 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Pit Bulls suffer from a lot of the same unwarranted stigma Rottweilers do. Fact is that both those breeds are strong, loyal, intelligent and alert. Which makes them great guard/security dogs. So, then a lot of ignorant people assume they are used in those roles because they are inherently vicious monsters. But when you talk to people who actually own these dogs, they tell you the real story. And I can speak from experience myself. Not about Pit Bulls per se, but I've been around Rottweilers since I was born, and currently own two of them. They're giant babies who think they're lapdogs. But, like Pitt Bulls, they get a very bad rep. And mostly from people who have never even owned one.

rotts are great too. powerful square headed dogs tend to get lumped into the fear zone. they look like walking sharks.

rotts were the devil in the media during the 80's like pits are now. you can do the research and see how different breeds were demonized in the news during different times. Dobermans had their era in 90's were everyone was scared of them.

even home insurance companies don't want to insure you if you have a Doberman, Rottweiler, akita, chow, or pit

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:04 AM
Raisen is currently offline Click here to Send Raisen a Private Message Find more posts by Raisen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Originally posted by Raisen
it's the ghetto people ruining these dogs. they were originally culled when shown human aggression. it wasn't supposed to be in their dna.
thanks to hoodrats seeing their potential and breeding human aggression into the dogs we are now seeing some totally different creatures than they were originally intended to be.
you sure about that? seems like dog aggression to me, and they seem pretty much designed to **** shit up.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:07 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raisen

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
you sure about that? seems like dog aggression to me, and they seem pretty much designed to **** shit up.

lol tho.
but yeah, they are built solidly. pound for pound one of the most capable dogs. it's how you train them and use them

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:10 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

rotts are great too. powerful square headed dogs tend to get lumped into the fear zone. they look like walking sharks.

rotts were the devil in the media during the 80's like pits are now. you can do the research and see how different breeds were demonized in the news during different times. Dobermans had their era in 90's were everyone was scared of them.

even home insurance companies don't want to insure you if you have a Doberman, Rottweiler, akita, chow, or pit

Yeah, I've had people try and call my dogs mini-grizzly bears, and shit like that, in order to exaggerate the intimidation factor of their appearance.

But the sad thing is that a lot of it is down to ignorance. I have lost count of the amount of people who were terrified to come onto my property, because of the supposed big, bad Rottweilers prowling around (and to be fair, one is about about 110lbs, and the other is about 130lbs). Yet, by the time they leave, they're playing with the dogs, scratching the dogs' ears etc. So, once they have personal interaction with the animals, they realise that their preconceived notions might not be all that accurate. But a lot of people refuse to even open themselves up to the possibility. They saw some show or read some article that said the dogs were bad, so that's going to be their mindset.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:10 AM
TheVaultDweller is currently offline Click here to Send TheVaultDweller a Private Message Find more posts by TheVaultDweller Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

it's how you train them and use them

And this is also the thing. You can raise a friggin' chihuahua to be aggressive if you really wanted. Granted, it would be a pretty useless effort, all things considered, but it is doable. A big factor to a dog's temperament is that of the owner, and how they train/raise the dog. Any dog can be raised to be vicious, and any dog can be raised to be docile.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:12 AM
Raisen

Yeah, I've had people try and call my dogs mini-grizzly bears, and shit like that, in order to exaggerate the intimidation factor of their appearance.

But the sad thing is that a lot of it is down to ignorance. I have lost count of the amount of people who were terrified to come onto my property, because of the supposed big, bad Rottweilers prowling around (and to be fair, one is about about 110lbs, and the other is about 130lbs). Yet, by the time they leave, they're playing with the dogs, scratching the dogs' ears etc. So, once they have personal interaction with the animals, they realise that their preconceived notions might not be all that accurate. But a lot of people refuse to even open themselves up to the possibility. They saw some show or read some article that said the dogs were bad, so that's going to be their mindset.

oh, I know. there are multiple websites devoted to demonizing certain dog breeds. Big websites with articles that have hundreds upon hundreds of comments.
it's a wonder why this would be someone's 'cause"

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:12 AM
Raisen

And this is also the thing. You can raise a friggin' chihuahua to be aggressive if you really wanted. Granted, it would be a pretty useless effort, all things considered, but it is doable. A big factor to a dog's temperament is that of the owner, and how they train/raise the dog. Any dog can be raised to be vicious, and any dog can be raised to be docile.

still, i'd be cautious about pound pits. lots of them were raised wrong and thrown to the streets.

there will be a new bad breed in the next 10 years or so. wondering what it will be

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:14 AM
Afro Cheese

lol tho.
but yeah, they are built solidly. pound for pound one of the most capable dogs. it's how you train them and use them
from what I am reading they are naturally prone to aggression towards other dogs

not necessarily towards humans though

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:14 AM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

oh, I know. there are multiple websites devoted to demonizing certain dog breeds. Big websites with articles that have hundreds upon hundreds of comments.
it's a wonder why this would be someone's 'cause"

Funny thing is it is so easy to prove how full of shit a lot of those companies and websites are. For example, go on youtube and actually search some vids about Pit Bulls and Rotts, and then see what actual owners say, either in the videos, or in the comments section. People who actually have had large amounts of interaction with these dogs, and who debunk all the nightmare narratives certain websites try to push. And that says it all, really. The best source of evidence are the people with the actual XP, and the people with the XP paint a very different picture to the demonising websites.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:16 AM
TheVaultDweller
Front line cannon fodder

still, i'd be cautious about pound pits. lots of them were raised wrong and thrown to the streets.

there will be a new bad breed in the next 10 years or so. wondering what it will be

Yeah, but that's what I mean. They were either in the pound or on the streets, which means they have likely suffered some form of trauma or abuse already. I mean more like if you get a 6-week-old Pitt from a breeder, and raise them from that age yourself. Depending on what you do, that dog's temperament can vary wildly.

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:19 AM
Raisen

I always liked dmx. but dude. I just checked his wiki. guy was arrested multiple times over the span of a decade for animal abuse.

god phucking damn it. ghetto a## shiit

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:25 AM
Raisen

from what I am reading they are naturally prone to aggression towards other dogs

not necessarily towards humans though

that can be true. the males can be very dominant dogs with other males. if one male refuses to submit then there is likely to be problems.

this isn't uncommon with any dog tho

Old Post Oct 9th, 2017 07:27 AM