KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Wonder Woman vs Hulk

Wonder Woman vs Hulk
Started by: Nietzschean

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
HulkIsHulk

Really? Maybe in running speed, but when has Cap displayed the levels of agility Blonskyb did?

Thanks for the sig Scot-and for the help with my avatar
When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 09:01 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

quote: (post)
Originally posted by HulkIsHulk
Considering that Hulk in that movie was able to slap away RPGs point blank and outmaneuver Abomination who was still fast enough to catch a RPG without looking at it, that just shows how fast serum Blonskyb s
No it doesn't. It just shows how inconsistent movies and comics (fiction) are.
Blonsky wasn't moving faster than an rpg (which moves slower than most bullets). He probably ran less than 100mph.

In Supergirl, she has feats of racing Flash, etc. Yet she sometimes failed to evade slow moving enemies. Superman moved a moon and struggled with a few hundred ton boulder. This is how fiction works. You can't equate one feat to any other feat. Many showings are just inconsistent.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 04:09 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Really? Maybe in running speed, but when has Cap displayed the levels of agility Blonskyb did?

Err... the entire length of the movies TWS and CW? AoU too?

And before we get sidetracked, remember that Hulk had huge troubles landing clean shots on Thor too, and he was never as agile as Blonsky and Cap.

AAND, don't ignore the fact that none of these characters are bullet timers like Wonder Woman.

Old Post Oct 15th, 2017 05:46 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Originally posted by FrothByte
Err... the entire length of the movies TWS and CW? AoU too?

And before we get sidetracked, remember that Hulk had huge troubles landing clean shots on Thor too, and he was never as agile as Blonsky and Cap.

AAND, don't ignore the fact that none of these characters are bullet timers like Wonder Woman.

You could be more specific. The only time I remember anything of any great agility is from TWS Quinjet attack, but I never felt that was on the same level as Blonsky's. I don't remember any other specific instances unless you're equating skill to agility. So if could be so kind and point them out. Please.
Heck Abomination while chasing that military Jeep showed some agility
And I am not saying that Hulk is as fast as Wonder Woman. Just that using the Blonsky instance is not the best argument

When someone annoys you, it takes 42 muscles to frown but only 4 to reach out and bchslap them upside down on their head

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:34 AM
HulkIsHulk is currently offline Click here to Send HulkIsHulk a Private Message Find more posts by HulkIsHulk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

You could be more specific. The only time I remember anything of any great agility is from TWS Quinjet attack, but I never felt that was on the same level as Blonsky's. I don't remember any other specific instances unless you're equating skill to agility. So if could be so kind and point them out. Please.
Heck Abomination while chasing that military Jeep showed some agility
And I am not saying that Hulk is as fast as Wonder Woman. Just that using the Blonsky instance is not the best argument

Well since you mentioned it already, that quinjet attack is above and beyond anything Blonsky did. Cap's fight scenes when he took out the pirates on the ship are all on the same agility-level as the stuff Blonsky was doing. THe only difference is that Cap spread out those maneuvers over a longer fight whereas you see Blonsky concentrate them in a short burst.

In any case, why did we all of a sudden start talking about agility when speed was what was in contention originally?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:40 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HulkIsHulk

Well the Quinjet stuff isn't just agility though. It was his shield plus strength along with agility. And I didn't claimed Blonsky was overall superior to Cap either. Just counter in your claim that Cap is just as fast

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 12:53 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Well the Quinjet stuff isn't just agility though. It was his shield plus strength along with agility. And I didn't claimed Blonsky was overall superior to Cap either. Just counter in your claim that Cap is just as fast

You're starting to confuse me. Do you want to debate agility or speed?

Because if all you want to discuss is speed then:
1. Cap runs as fast as cars on a highway
2. Cap beats Loki to the punch, a guy who's reflexes are fast enough to catch arrows without looking
3. Cap trades hits with WS, as guy who's fast enough to sommersault out of the line of fire.
4. Cap is fast and skilled enough to not get hit once (other than Rumlow) by a whole bunch of guys in an elevator.

In comparison, Blonsky dodged a few hits from Hulk. Hulk who couldn't hit Thor unless Thor was already off his feet or was distracted.

So back to the topic at hand. WW is quite a ways faster than Hulk. Whereas Hulk is clearly more durable and stronger than WW.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2017 01:09 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by FrothByte
I have to disagree. Hulk is maybe faster in covering distance due to his leaps, but there's no way you can convince me that he's a bullet timer like Diana is. He even had trouble landing shots on Thor.

Because of his superior skill. Wonder Woman can definitely out fight the Hulk but be that much faster?

https://youtu.be/FdWJ-Njeaig

Rewatching the fight, Hulk is so explosive and unrelenting that similarity to Doomsday it doesn't matter if you can fly or are a way better fighter. He WILL hit you eventually.

This fight depends on whether or not her sword can put him down because she has no other way of putting down the Hulk.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 06:21 AM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Because of his superior skill. Wonder Woman can definitely out fight the Hulk but be that much faster?

https://youtu.be/FdWJ-Njeaig

Rewatching the fight, Hulk is so explosive and unrelenting that similarity to Doomsday it doesn't matter if you can fly or are a way better fighter. He WILL hit you eventually.

This fight depends on whether or not her sword can put him down because she has no other way of putting down the Hulk.

So you're saying Hulk is fast enough to see bullets in slow motion? Because that's how fast WW is.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 01:49 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Hulk takes this.

How would Diana even hurt Hulk???

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 04:12 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Sorrow

1. Wonder Woman - If she can cut Hulk deeply then add far superior skill with good defensive items while backed by Thor level toughness and strength is a lot for even Hulk to overcome.

2. Hulk - Hulks physicality cancels out her speed/skill advantage, she's strong, but not enough to take Hulk out.

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 06:16 PM
The Sorrow is currently offline Click here to Send The Sorrow a Private Message Find more posts by The Sorrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Hulk smashes

Old Post Oct 25th, 2017 10:55 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dayman

Hulk.

Diane can dominate him, from a "scored" point, as she is WAY faster and more skilled. But eventually he will tag her and overwhelm her and pull her mentally out of the fight. Unless she gets that plot device dues-ex machina power boost, in which case she will take him down..necause..Wonder Woman

Old Post Oct 26th, 2017 06:54 PM
Dayman is currently offline Click here to Send Dayman a Private Message Find more posts by Dayman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote