KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Snoke Vs Thanos

Snoke Vs Thanos
Started by: Flyattractor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « 1 2 [3] 4 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Rebel95

Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.
--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 06:01 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rebel95
Yoda went after Palpatine in the empty Senate chamber, but could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history.
--Taken from The New Essential Chronology

Doesn't mean Sidious won the battle.

Yoda felt from the pod. Besides there were Clones coming to aid Sidious. Yoda didn't had all the time in the world to defeat Sidious.

In flat grounds, with plenty of time. Yoda would have defeated Sidious.

Windu also had Sidious on his back. If it weren't for Anakin, Mace would have probably killed Palpatine.

Sidious isn't the best duelist.

I doubt Sidious could defeat Malgus or Bane or Revan in a fight.

Sidious was born in another era.

Malgus, Bane, and Revan were all fighters. They war against the Jedi openly. Sidious was smarter, and instead of going 1vs1 against the Jedi, he instead made a Master Plan that defeated them all.

That's who Sidious is.

Sidious didn't even defeated Plaeguis in a duel!

Sidious was like a snake. He killed Plaeguis in his sleep- which by the way goes against the Rule of 2, in where the apprentice when ready has to defeat his master in a duel.

I don't doubt Sidious being the best Darth Lord in history until now, but he hasn't showed to be the best duelist.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 06:17 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Palpatine intentionally threw the fight against Mace Windu to get Anakin to turn on the Jedi...

The novel makes this crystal clear...

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 07:51 PM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Even saying Yoda would have certainly defeated Sidious, losing to Yoda doesn't mean Sidious didn't become the most powerful Sith at the height of his power.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 07:58 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Robtard
Even saying Yoda would have certainly defeated Sidious, losing to Yoda doesn't mean Sidious didn't become the most powerful Sith at the height of his power.

Nor does it mean he did.

Sidious never showed the levels of power Malgus, Revan, or Bane did.

Sidious didn't even showed the powers he told Anakin that Plaeguis had.

Why? Because it goes against Sidious own character. Sidious isnt the conventional Sith.

When we see Bane or Malgus or Revan we see Power. We see Masters of the Dark Side. When we see Sidious we see the Dark Side made person.

Sidious is the master of deceive and treachery. He was a master Genus. He achieved what no other Sith had achieved before not because of power but because of intelligence and evil.

I'll put you a hypothetical scenario: '

Sidious vs Bane:

Give both sides 1 year to plan the other's defeat and Sidious would without a doubt DEFEAT Bane.

Put Sidious vs Bane in a 1vs1 duel.

Sidious will likely lose.

Sidious isn't considered the BEST DARTH LORD because of his power but because of his genus. PERIOD. Malgus, Bane, Revan are different types of Sith. They focused on being the best and most powerful Force Users, while Sidious focused on being the most intelligent Sith ever.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 08:19 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Correct, losing wouldn't prove that either. Weird. But multiple canon sources state Sidious became the most powerful Sith in history.

BTW, Sidious doesn't have to be the absolute best at everything Sith to be the most powerful overall. eg Like I'm sure Malgus could cook up a much better Mandalorian lentil stew.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 08:37 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Correct, losing wouldn't prove that either. Weird. But multiple canon sources state Sidious became the most powerful Sith in history.

BTW, Sidious doesn't have to be the absolute best at everything Sith to be the most powerful overall. eg Like I'm sure Malgus could cook up a much better Mandalorian lentil stew.

Well, the thing is this. Sidious being the most powerful Sith in history makes him the most powerful Force User Sith in history? Not really.

That's one of the main reasons i go against such a statement. Because Sidious IS the most powerful Sith in History. But not necessarily the most powerful Force Sith. Remember no other Sith had a Death Star to his disposition. Nor had the entire republic to his feet.

See it this way. Sidious was the Emperor. He reached such a power in the Galaxy that he could destroy Worlds with a single command (The Death Star just needed one shot).

No other Sith in history could destroy worlds, nor had the influence Sidious did.

So, Sidious power doesn't resume in Force Power. I believe that when Lucas said Sidious was the most powerful Sith in history he was refering more to his position as the Emperor than his Power with the Force.

Get me?

Analyze it well. Sidious never really showed high levels of power. Not the levels of power Plaeguis claimed to have possessed.

Bane and Malgus were so powerful Jedi's feared him....Sidious on the other hand, isn't that fearsome in combat.

Raven was very powerful in combat too.

Sidious was the Emperor. He wasn't a combatant the way Malgus or Bane was. He only gave orders and created master plans.

Sidious is more similar to Vitiate. Vitiate was also The Emperor back then, but i still see Malgus more fearsome and powerful than Vitiate. Although I believe Vitiate was more powerful, he really never showed it.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Oct 17th, 2017 at 08:51 PM

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 08:48 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

I see what you're saying, but he's really all encompassing, he is the most powerful Sith in power amassed, power at his disposal and inner-power. He's the Sith that brings all the other Sith to the yard.

Saying "Sidious isn't that fearsome in combat" tells me you're insane. He's a beast in combat when he needs, sure he's cowardly as he fears death like many others who reach his level of power and fear losing it, but when he unleashes himself, he's a monster with the Force and sabre.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 08:56 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I see what you're saying, but he's really all encompassing, he is the most powerful Sith in power amassed, power at his disposal and inner-power. He's the Sith that brings all the other Sith to the yard.

Saying "Sidious isn't that fearsome in combat" tells me you're insane. He's a beast in combat when he needs, sure he's cowardly as he fears death like many others who reach his level of power and fear losing it, but when he unleashes himself, he's a monster with the Force and sabre.

It's like comparing Alexander the Great with Donald Trump. Who was the most powerful? Alexander is the best commander ever, but he never had nukes to his disposition.

Bane, Malgus, Revan never had Death Stars and the entire Republic on their backs. As i said different times. Different Siths. Different Way of thinkings.

If i were a Jedi i would fear going against Bane, Malgus or Revan more than going against Sidious. If i was a world/organization/galaxy i would fear Sidious more than the Malgus, Bane or Revan.

Sidious isn't a combatant. He is an Emperor. He was ment to rule. He was ment to have servants like Vader, Tyranus, Maul, Ventress, and Greivous to do the dirty job for him.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:02 PM
Trocity
Undefeated and Undisputed

Sidious isn't a combatant, lmao good god man, stop while you're behind.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:11 PM
Trocity is currently offline Click here to Send Trocity a Private Message Find more posts by Trocity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Trocity
Sidious isn't a combatant, lmao good god man, stop while you're behind.

Lol, is it to you? Go get some knowledge dude.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:13 PM
Impediment
Endless

Considering Snoke has zero screen feats, how is this thread active?

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 09:48 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Re: Snoke Vs Thanos....

Originally posted by Impediment

(please log in to view the image)

Originally posted by Flyattractor
WHO is the better at Looking Threatening and EVIL while sitting there like he is taking a dump in the pot?[/color] [/B]

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 10:22 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Josh sorry man but almost everything you're saying here is wrong.

Outside of Luke and some gods and entities such as the ones of mortis, Abeloth, the bedlam spirits and a few others, sidious is pretty much the top of the food chain in star wars.

He never stopped increasing his power, both politicaly and in the force. He spent his entire life both before and after the movies gathering as much knowledge as he could in every aspect and technique in the force. Mastering almost every aspect from alchemy to sorcery and almost every power there is.

Throughout the comics,, novels video games etc.. He's amassed as many if not more monster feats and accolades than anyone in the mythos.

Though there are dozens of examples of him increasing his force powers well after the movies, I'll just post this one, straight from his mouth, showing both his never ending pursuit of power and the actual power he's achieved.

" in time the channeled anger of the darkside will prove just as destructive as the death star. There will no longer be a need for costly constructions. Already I have perfected force maelstrom, which creates an invulnerable energy sphere to block incoming attacks while bombarding enemies with debris and electrifying them with bolts of lightning.

This technique can be increased into force storm. The churning energy mass of a force storm can consume everything it touches, for at it's eye is pure hate. Just as a black hole devours a stat, this storm can swallow armies and fold space. It may take decades to master this art, but once I have perfected it I will be invincible. " -Darth Sidious, The Book of Sith

And years later in the Dark Empire comics, he had perfected it. He used it for everything from destroying entire fleets orbiting courasant instantly, to being precise enough to be able to teleport luke from the planet surface to his ship in orbit.

Guys like malgus and bane aren't even in his tier.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 11:01 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Raptor22
Josh sorry man but almost everything you're saying here is wrong.

Outside of Luke and some gods and entities such as the ones of mortis, Abeloth, the bedlam spirits and a few others, sidious is pretty much the top of the food chain in star wars.

He never stopped increasing his power, both politicaly and in the force. He spent his entire life both before and after the movies gathering as much knowledge as he could in every aspect and technique in the force. Mastering almost every aspect from alchemy to sorcery and almost every power there is.

Throughout the comics,, novels video games etc.. He's amassed as many if not more monster feats and accolades than anyone in the mythos.

Though there are dozens of examples of him increasing his force powers well after the movies, I'll just post this one, straight from his mouth, showing both his never ending pursuit of power and the actual power he's achieved.

" in time the channeled anger of the darkside will prove just as destructive as the death star. There will no longer be a need for costly constructions. Already I have perfected force maelstrom, which creates an invulnerable energy sphere to block incoming attacks while bombarding enemies with debris and electrifying them with bolts of lightning.

This technique can be increased into force storm. The churning energy mass of a force storm can consume everything it touches, for at it's eye is pure hate. Just as a black hole devours a stat, this storm can swallow armies and fold space. It may take decades to master this art, but once I have perfected it I will be invincible. " -Darth Sidious, The Book of Sith

And years later in the Dark Empire comics, he had perfected it. He used it for everything from destroying entire fleets orbiting courasant instantly, to being precise enough to be able to teleport luke from the planet surface to his ship in orbit.

Guys like malgus and bane aren't even in his tier.

Okay, you claim almost everything is wrong yet what you say doesn't prove me wrong.

I never said Sidious stopped learning from ROTS. I never said Sidious wasn't strong. But Sidious feats falls short to Bane's or Malgus' feats. As simple as that.

By the way, Dark Empire comics aren't considered canon.

First of all, what we saw on screen (Star Wars 1-6) is the canon material. What happens in Dark Empire comics i'd rather ignore. Specially because we never got any reference from such material in Star Wars the Force Awakens.

Many people including me don't take that as Canon material.

Sidious powers seen prior to Return of the Jedi are nothing compared to what Malgus and Bane portrayed.

I don't really answer for Dark Empire.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 11:57 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Impediment

I think you should be answering that. XD

Thanos has zero screen feats too.

Old Post Oct 17th, 2017 11:59 PM
Raptor22

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Okay, you claim almost everything is wrong yet what you say doesn't prove me wrong.

I never said Sidious stopped learning from ROTS. I never said Sidious wasn't strong. But Sidious feats falls short to Bane's or Malgus' feats. As simple as that.

By the way, Dark Empire comics aren't considered canon.

First of all, what we saw on screen (Star Wars 1-6) is the canon material. What happens in Dark Empire comics i'd rather ignore. Specially because we never got any reference from such material in Star Wars the Force Awakens.

Many people including me don't take that as Canon material.

Sidious powers seen prior to Return of the Jedi are nothing compared to what Malgus and Bane portrayed.

I don't really answer for Dark Empire.
I'm confused. Malgus and Revan aren't even canon characters, Plagueis has no canon feats only hearsay from palpatine in EP 3, and Banes only canon appearance was in the last season of tcw cartoon as a force ghost.

If your comparing sidious canon feats to the others, then they have basically nothing.

If u compare their non-canon EU feats to palpatines non canon EU feats, they fall way short.

Only if u compare their non-canon EU feats to his canon movie only feats, could any of them win against him. And even then you would have to disregard all his other actual Disney canon materiel in novels like lords of the sith, the new comics, source books etc...

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 12:54 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
also I never said that u said he stopped learning. What I did do was show that he continued to learn new powers and increase his powers in the force for decades after the movies.

Like Robtard stated earlier-

"Dude, Sidious continued to grow in power after the events of ep3, that's what Force-users do, they increase in power with practice and discipline." - Robtard,

To which u replied -

No.

Sidious wasn't the type of Sith who was looking to improve his force abilities.

Sidious was the Emperor type of Sith who focused himself on maintaining his dominance.

When in reality, improving his force abilities was a major focus of his, to the extant that it is what he planned on maintaining his dominance thru. Evidence of this, once again from his own words from book of sith

" in time the channeled anger of the darkside will prove just as destructive as the death star. There will no longer be a need for costly constructions. " -Palpatine

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 01:14 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

also I never said that u said he stopped learning. What I did do was show that he continued to learn new powers and increase his powers in the force for decades after the movies.

Like Robtard stated earlier-

"Dude, Sidious continued to grow in power after the events of ep3, that's what Force-users do, they increase in power with practice and discipline." - Robtard,

To which u replied -

No.

Sidious wasn't the type of Sith who was looking to improve his force abilities.

Sidious was the Emperor type of Sith who focused himself on maintaining his dominance.

When in reality, improving his force abilities was a major focus of his, to the extant that it is what he planned on maintaining his dominance thru. Evidence of this, once again from his own words from book of sith

" in time the channeled anger of the darkside will prove just as destructive as the death star. There will no longer be a need for costly constructions. " -Palpatine

I never said that Sidious didn't stopped learning. Probably just a misunderstanding.

Sidious never reached such power.

I am just saying Bane, Malgus, Revan...These are Sith who showed more power in their respective timings than what Sidious did.

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 01:45 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

I'm confused. Malgus and Revan aren't even canon characters, Plagueis has no canon feats only hearsay from palpatine in EP 3, and Banes only canon appearance was in the last season of tcw cartoon as a force ghost.

If your comparing sidious canon feats to the others, then they have basically nothing.

If u compare their non-canon EU feats to palpatines non canon EU feats, they fall way short.

Only if u compare their non-canon EU feats to his canon movie only feats, could any of them win against him. And even then you would have to disregard all his other actual Disney canon materiel in novels like lords of the sith, the new comics, source books etc...

You are right, Disney said they would only take Book and Movie material as canon.

But the thing is that it doesn't mean that Revan or Malgus or Nihilus doesn't exist. Nor that they were deleted.

Disney just deleted all information from them. Probably because they are planing to recreate the history. Maybe even make movies on the Characters.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on Oct 18th, 2017 at 02:01 AM

Old Post Oct 18th, 2017 01:54 AM