KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Jon Snow runs a GOT Gauntlet

Jon Snow runs a GOT Gauntlet
Started by: Rebel95

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Ursumeles
Traitor

If the Sandsnake is > Bronn, she would beat Jon as well, so idc.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 06:27 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Ursumeles
If the Sandsnake is > Bronn, she would beat Jon as well, so idc.

Except you'd need to first prove Bronn > Jon so you can say Sandsnake > Jon. Bottom line is, neither Bronn or the sandsnake have ever faced odds as difficult as the ones Jon did.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 07:51 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Yeah, Jon beat a White Walker. That isn't all that impressive considering that Jon has one of the only weapons that can kill them. And while WW are really strong, they aren't really skilled - I wouldn't even say that beating one is Jon's best feat.

But Bronn killed a seemingly famous knight, slaughtered cavalary and killed groups of soldiers. Jon and Bronn are close to each other, but Bronn is ever so slightly better.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 08:00 PM
Ursumeles is currently offline Click here to Send Ursumeles a Private Message Find more posts by Ursumeles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KingD19
Shai-Gen's Enigmatic Wong

Yeah, Jon beat a White Walker. That isn't all that impressive considering that Jon has one of the only weapons that can kill them. And while WW are really strong, they aren't really skilled - I wouldn't even say that beating one is Jon's best feat.

But Bronn killed a seemingly famous knight, slaughtered cavalary and killed groups of soldiers. Jon and Bronn are close to each other, but Bronn is ever so slightly better.

Did you forget the multiple battles in which Jon has slaughtered dozens of men without getting a scratch on him?

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 08:34 PM
KingD19 is currently offline Click here to Send KingD19 a Private Message Find more posts by KingD19 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

The same can be said for Bronn, lol.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 08:38 PM
Rebel95

I don't think Bronn killed even close to as many people as Jon has in the battles we've seen

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:23 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Also Ramsey noted that people in the north praise Jon as the greatest swordsman ever which is pretty impressive, but probably exaggerated

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:25 PM
Rebel95 is currently offline Click here to Send Rebel95 a Private Message Find more posts by Rebel95 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

Well, at very least it suggest Jon is >> Ramsay, and Ramsay is decent himself - so it might means Jon > Bronn, but maybe not.
Originally posted by Rebel95
I don't think Bronn killed even close to as many people as Jon has in the battles we've seen
I mean, slaughering many people in a battle isn't all that impressive. Though from what we saw of the Blackwater, Bronn killed quite some people, though honestly here my point is kinda moot. But tbf, we followed Jon all through the BotB, so we saw all is kills in the BotB.

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 09:32 PM
Rebel95

But tbf, we followed Jon all through the BotB, so we saw all is kills in the BotB.

True

Old Post Oct 21st, 2017 10:39 PM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Well, at very least it suggest Jon is >> Ramsay, and Ramsay is decent himself - so it might means Jon > Bronn, but maybe not. I mean, slaughering many people in a battle isn't all that impressive. Though from what we saw of the Blackwater, Bronn killed quite some people, though honestly here my point is kinda moot. But tbf, we followed Jon all through the BotB, so we saw all is kills in the BotB.

You keep saying Jon's feats are not impressive, yet you fail to list any feats from Bronn that are more impressive.

Jon has fought in more melees than Bronn and survived unscatched. Jon has fought more dangerous opponents one on one than what Bronn has. White walker, the Halfhand, that big wildling chieften... all are more impressive than the vale knight, the random dothraki rider or the sand snake.

If you want to prove Bronn is better, it's not enough that you show Jon not being impressive, you actually need to show Bronn having better feats.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 05:58 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rebel95

Oh yeah I forgot about the halfhand, he probably let Jon win though

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 09:08 PM
Mindset

He did let Jon win.

Sometimes all you have left is your Rage

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2017 10:53 PM
Mindset is currently offline Click here to Send Mindset a Private Message Find more posts by Mindset Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

In the book it was specifically mentioned that he let Jon win. I don't recall any mention of that in the show though.

In any case, I wasn't just listing the fights Jon won (Bronn didn't win against the Sandsnake either). Merely pointing out that Jon went up against stiffer competition and actually displayed better swordwork.

Last edited by FrothByte on Oct 23rd, 2017 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 12:20 AM
Ursumeles
Traitor

It's not impressive that he survived in a large scale battle lol. So did just about every character. And just fighting someone good doesn't makes one better. Bronn slaughtered groups of soldiers in a few seconds, killed cavalary, beat a seemingly famous knight etc. Like seriously, why is losing against Styr more impressive than beating the Vale Knight? Why is fighting a holding-back Halfhand better?

And no, I'm not saying that Jon's feats aren't impressive, just that they aren't as impressive as you make them out to be.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:07 AM
Darkstorm Zero
Master of all Decepticons

It's not impressive that he survived in a large scale battle lol. So did just about every character. And just fighting someone good doesn't makes one better. Bronn slaughtered groups of soldiers in a few seconds, killed cavalary, beat a seemingly famous knight etc. Like seriously, why is losing against Styr more impressive than beating the Vale Knight? Why is fighting a holding-back Halfhand better?

And no, I'm not saying that Jon's feats aren't impressive, just that they aren't as impressive as you make them out to be.

Oh for....

It's Sir Vardis Egen who fought and lost in the Eyrie Trial By Combat. That is literally the 2nd time in as many weeks I've had to post that damn link.

That said, Vardis is literally featless. Bronn's combat feats require set peices such as the ballista, or wildfire, and his duelling feats are not all that impressive when you consider jon doesn't fight in heavy plate armor like Vardis did. Jon is used to unpredicable foes, so Bronn's methods would not be as effective against him as they were against Vardis, because Vardis was expecting honorable combat. Jon on the otherhand knows better, and has fought against beings with supernatural stamina and feel no pain.

You do not know how jarring it is when you face down a foe that literally gives no consideration to pain nor injury.

"I have become Death, the destroyer of worlds..."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:18 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

I know that Vardis is featless, except for his fight against Bronn, but he still seems to be a famed knight.

Anyway, the White Walkers are also just about featless, skill wise - they beat the Thenn as he couldn't block their attack, and contended with Jon. And like I said, I can see Jon winning this -as he has similar feats as Bronn, IIRC he slaughtered 3 wildlings in like four seconds, and has better reach- but the large scale battles and WW feats aren't that impressive.

But tbf, Jon is meant to be better.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:29 AM
Darkstorm Zero

I know that Vardis is featless, except for his fight against Bronn, but he still seems to be a famed knight.

Anyway, the White Walkers are also just about featless, skill wise - they beat the Thenn as he couldn't block their attack, and contended with Jon. And like I said, I can see Jon winning this -as he has similar feats as Bronn, IIRC he slaughtered 3 wildlings in like four seconds, and has better reach- but the large scale battles and WW feats aren't that impressive.

But tbf, Jon is meant to be better.

White Walkers are Featless? Well in a way. They DID route Jeor's rangers at the Fist of the First Men way back in Season 3.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:39 AM
Darkstorm Zero is currently offline Click here to Send Darkstorm Zero a Private Message Find more posts by Darkstorm Zero Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ursumeles
Traitor

I don't think the Night's Watch had weapons to beat the WW, tho.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:43 AM
Darkstorm Zero

I don't think the Night's Watch had weapons to beat the WW, tho.

They had that bag of dragonglass Sam found with them. But it wasn't until Sam rescues Gilly that we find out the glass kills Walkers.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 06:50 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

A famed knight? Where did you get that from? Vardis was a known to the others in the vale but it's not like his name was being thrown around like he was some champion fighter.

Also, Jon won against Styr. So not sure what you're saying.

In the end, every single feat that Bronn has, Jon has something better. I keep asking, name a feat of Bronn that makes him better. Because all you're doing is listing Bronn feats that are lesser than what Jon has.

You say White Walkers are featless? Well, so are the sandsnakes, a random dothraki rider or Vardis. At least the white walkers are super strong and durable, which makes beating one way more impressive than fighting those featless opponents that Bronn fought.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2017 08:01 AM