KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos & PF Thane vs. DS Sentry & Insane Genis-Vell

Thanos & PF Thane vs. DS Sentry & Insane Genis-Vell
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): « First ... « 5 6 [7] 8 9 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Insane Titan

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RealityWarper
Poor IT, his comments are just insane...

It's like talking to a brick wall that will answer "NO" no matter how many proofs are posted...

You are on ignore.

When the story tells that Thanos claimed the power of the God Carry to have a chance to beat a Phoenix-powered Thane that's what happened...

Nobody cares about your meaningless opinion IT. Go troll somewhere else. I will not even bother reading your next useless comments. laughing out loud
running away like a little dog when exposed as a lying troll , standard RW b*tch tactics.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 06:10 AM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thanos vs Thing

(please log in to view the image)

Sentry vs Thing

(please log in to view the image)

Thanos is a weakling whom gets ragdolled by the Thing.

Sentry completely no-sell the same attack.

Sentry stomps.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 11:14 AM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Yeah but isn't Thanos, as per your scans, packing more power than he used to?

So all these low showings are no longer valid...

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 11:27 AM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Shows how little RW knows , That’s Thanos before his upgrade by death plus he has Thor’s help hitting him at the same time. laughing out loud noob

Thing koed himself punching Thanos in the earlier marvel 2 in1 story , RW is the worst at debating laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 12:25 PM
Insane Titan is currently offline Click here to Send Insane Titan a Private Message Find more posts by Insane Titan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah but isn't Thanos, as per your scans, packing more power than he used to?

So all these low showings are no longer valid...

That's not a low showing and yes Thanos is amped by the power of all the Old Gods.

Still, his fight against the Phoenix-powered Thane is inferior to the fight between Sentry and Photon. laughing out loud

Sentry crushes entire worlds while holding back and Thanus has to go all out in a clash with Thane to break a single world. Pathetic. XD

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:02 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

I was referring to all the showings like against the NYPD, Squirrel Girl etc.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:11 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

I was referring to all the showings like against the NYPD, Squirrel Girl etc.

Apparently using the worm is legit so I see no problem using those feats out of context too

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:17 PM
DarkSaint85

Not the same though.

One happened to a weaker version of Thanos.

The other actually happened to the Sentry here.

If they used Sentry's showings when he got depowered,then yeah I can see your point.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:20 PM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not the same though.

One happened to a weaker version of Thanos.

The other actually happened to the Sentry here.

Which did nothing besides carrying him away for the sake of the plot.

Which doesn't matter because there is no worm in that thread.

quote:
If they used Sentry's showings when he got depowered,then yeah I can see your point.

They already use fights with Sentry holding back and not actively trying to fight his opponents back. Nice joke.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 02:35 PM
Insane Titan

RW is having a troll meltdown laughing out loud

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 03:17 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Well this went to shit.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 07:03 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Enzeru
http://i.imgur.com/T15c2UM.jpg

"I control the molecules of my world. That's how I do what I do. I never knew that. How could I? No one could. Not Reed Richards. Not Tony Stark."

^ Sentry himself tells you, that whatever he does comes from him controlling molecules. Him teleporting? Molecule manipulation. Him resurrecting the dead? Molecule manipulation. That comic retconned his beforehand vague and unexplained power set.
So your entire issue with Sentrys power set is explained to you by the character himself.

Nah, the writer himself said what the character thinks isn't quite true.

Originally posted by abhilegend
Sentry doesn't has molecular manipulation. Bendis said so and his word is law.

"Just because the Sentry/The Void announced that he had the power of the Molecule Man, it doesn’t mean that he actually did."

http://www.cbr.com/storming-heaven-siege-4/

He also said he can't bring a city back as it was.

But you deny it as always.
quote:

It was a powerset retcon.

A good example for you would be Superman in the DC Cinematic Universe. When we saw him and Zod fly, you could see dust hovering around them. So the movies indicated mental powers / telekinesis. The most powerful telekinesis users in comics can even move molecules and with such an ability it would be easy for Man of Steel Superman to fly, have super strength, super durability and even shoot laser beams out of his eyes (by accelerating the molecules to heaten them up) or use freeze breath (by slowing molecules down).
So that way Man of Steel Superman doesn't have just random ass powers. It's actually explained.

Except it isn't telekinesis. It's called an Easter egg. He was never stated to have TK in the movies.
quote:

For the Sentry it's explained as well now: molecule manipulation.

Not really. The writer himself said it isn't true.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 07:07 PM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enzeru

Nah, the writer himself said what the character thinks isn't quite true.

No, the writer said something else. More on that in a second.

He also said he can't bring a city back as it was. But you deny it as always.

I'm not denying anything. I've always argued, that what the Sentry has in finesse, when it comes to molecule manipulation... he has tenfold in raw power. Who is going to win in a fight between a kid, who knows karate and an adult, who just knows how to brawl? The kid may have the skills, but the adult still has the strength advantage.

Except it isn't telekinesis. It's called an Easter egg. He was never stated to have TK in the movies.

I wonder if there is a fallacy for what you're doing now and in general.
Why does everything have to be stated for you? The telekinesis stuff in Man of Steel has been heavily hinted at. It was a silent explanation for the origin of Supermans powers. Even in regular DC comics mental powers have been teased at left and right.

Not really. The writer himself said it isn't true.

Not really. The writer said that what the Sentry thought may have been true or maybe not. He left us in the unknown about the origin of Sentrys powers. But he didn't straight up deny, that Sentry didn't have those powers.

And then there was yet another interview with the writer, where he stated, that Sentry had the same powers like the Molecule Man and that he was rewriting reality on a molecular level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6AzWzxcV74

Sentrys powers as for now are based on molecule manipulation. You may not like it, but that's the characters official power set.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 09:14 PM
Enzeru is currently offline Click here to Send Enzeru a Private Message Find more posts by Enzeru Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stoic
Avenger

What does any of that have to do with who wins this match? Will someone just give a winner and stop trying to dodge the question?

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 10:20 PM
Stoic is currently offline Click here to Send Stoic a Private Message Find more posts by Stoic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Stoic
What does any of that have to do with who wins this match? Will someone just give a winner and stop trying to dodge the question?

Sentry solos

Team 1 can't take him down.

Old Post Nov 3rd, 2017 11:23 PM
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by Enzeru
No, the writer said something else. More on that in a second.

I'm pretty sure that's not what it means what you want to say.
quote:

I'm not denying anything. I've always argued, that what the Sentry has in finesse, when it comes to molecule manipulation... he has tenfold in raw power. Who is going to win in a fight between a kid, who knows karate and an adult, who just knows how to brawl? The kid may have the skills, but the adult still has the strength advantage.

Your argument is based on a single comic retconning entire history of Sentry when the writer himself denies it.
quote:

I wonder if there is a fallacy for what you're doing now and in general.
Why does everything have to be stated for you? The telekinesis stuff in Man of Steel has been heavily hinted at. It was a silent explanation for the origin of Supermans powers. Even in regular DC comics mental powers have been teased at left and right.

Yes, only in Byrne origin and even there it was never explicitly stated.

Ergo, an Easter egg.

But I find it funny that you are trying to tell me something about Superman.
quote:

Not really. The writer said that what the Sentry thought may have been true or maybe not. He left us in the unknown about the origin of Sentrys powers. But he didn't straight up deny, that Sentry didn't have those powers.

Hence why I said it was vague.
quote:

And then there was yet another interview with the writer, where he stated, that Sentry had the same powers like the Molecule Man and that he was rewriting reality on a molecular level:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h6AzWzxcV74

That only means that Bendis had no idea how he wanted Sentry's powers worked himself. Because that interview is from February 2010 while the CBR interview is from May 2010.

quote:

Sentrys powers as for now are based on molecule manipulation. You may not like it, but that's the characters official power set.

No, it isn't.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 07:54 AM
Insane Titan

Team 1 wins.
Sentry is the weakest here, whilst going all out not holding back against WWH struggled to destroy a few streets.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 10:16 AM
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

*sigh*

Molecule Manipulation and Reality Manipulation are two different names for the same thing, the manipulation of all matter and all energy which is the basics of Sentry's power-set.

Bendis didn't say that Sentry doesn't possess this power in the CBR interview from May 2010...

He said that the Void is crazy and deceitful and that maybe what he thought about his power-set wasn't true or maybe it was.

We still know that's true, Sentry can manipulate the reality at will.

We saw him destroy the Molecule Man this way and Tony Stark said in the "Civil War Files" that Sentry could create a new House of M event on a whim.

Sentry disintegrate the Team 1 on a whim.

It's a curbstomp of epic proportions.

Old Post Nov 4th, 2017 02:17 PM
tkitna

Originally posted by Insane Titan
Team 1 wins.
Sentry is the weakest here, whilst going all out not holding back against WWH struggled to destroy a few streets.

Yet while he was half ass fighting Genis, they were destroying planets.

By Stoic

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 09:00 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Insane Titan

Originally posted by tkitna
Yet while he was half ass fighting Genis, they were destroying planets.
in the shitty microverse , plus it’s a shared feat.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 09:36 AM