KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should terrorists get the death penalty?

Should terrorists get the death penalty?
Started by: Foxsteak

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): « 1 [2] 3 4 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Patient_Leech
I think truly committed jihadists who show no repentance and even voice the desire to do it again, if caught alive (which they usually aren't) should get the death penalty. In that case, yes, absolutely. They love death more than infidels love life, so sure, give them what they want. Send them to see Allah.
I'd still go for solitary confinement. I don't think you can punish and prevent killing with......killing.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:17 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Foxsteak
I'd still go for solitary confinement. I don't think you can punish and prevent killing with......killing.

This depends entirely on the person. If tomorrow I murder someone and get arrested, I want the death penalty. Well wait, I guess with todays spa-like prisons it would be different, but if it was a choice of solitary confinement or death I'd choose death, being in solitary would be worse for me.

Some people would prefer solitary over death though, so not giving them solitary would be punishing them.

Though IMO you snuff out a life for no reason you forfeit your right to live. That doesn't change unless you have a phoenix down in your back pocket and bust that f*cker out.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:21 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would like to focus on the death vs confinement debate.

Imo, if we keep them alive, we can use them for research into understanding the mentality of terrorists which would be useful in preventing more terrorists.

InfoBoards: 1 millionth post game regains popularity! . Stockholm syndrome has spread throughout KMC . Surtur reports a "change" in the forum . Super Noodles Vitality only £1.00 . AAAARGH!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:27 PM
Foxsteak is currently offline Click here to Send Foxsteak a Private Message Find more posts by Foxsteak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I would like to focus on the death vs confinement debate.

Imo, if we keep them alive, we can use them for research into understanding the mentality of terrorists which would be useful in preventing more terrorists.

Don't we already have plenty of terrorists in jail? So we can do what you say with those folk. Lets snuff out the rest.

But how would you propose we would motivate the terrorists to help us with this?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:29 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
Don't we already have plenty of terrorists in jail? So we can do what you say with those folk. Lets snuff out the rest.

But how would you propose we would motivate the terrorists to help us with this?
How would you decide who to snuff out and who to not snuff out?

Research. Brain scans, behaviour monitoring, interviews. They do the same to serial killers, which, they are.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:31 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

How would you decide who to snuff out and who to not snuff out?

Research. Brain scans, behaviour monitoring, interviews. They do the same to serial killers, which, they are.

Any further terrorists that come along.

But how do you motivate them to participate in the interviews? And can they just brain scan you without permission?

If they do the same to serial killers I can't see how it wouldn't have already also been done for terrorists.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:32 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Any further terrorists that come along.

But how do you motivate them to participate in the interviews? And can they just brain scan you without permission?

If they do the same to serial killers I can't see how it wouldn't have already also been done for terrorists.
Terrorism changes. Al Qaeda terrorists in Guantanamo don't know shit about ISIS.

I'm not an expert, but I know they do this. It just makes more sense to keep them captive and find information from them instead of killing them for some vendetta. Their information is useful to us.

Why don't they do it to terrorists? I believe they already do. Trump's tweet is dumb, imo.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:42 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Terrorism changes. Al Qaeda terrorists in Guantanamo don't know shit about ISIS.

I'm not an expert, but I know they do this. It just makes more sense to keep them captive and find information from them instead of killing them for some vendetta. Their information is useful to us.

Why don't they do it to terrorists? I believe they already do. Trump's tweet is dumb, imo.

Good point, so then maybe keep one terrorist a year alive to do research on. Execute the rest(because we're never only going to have just one act of terrori in a year). How do we choose which one? Maybe some diversity lottery? Those always help and never backfire.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:47 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Good point, so then maybe keep one terrorist a year alive to do research on. Execute the rest(because we're never only going to have just one act of terrori in a year). How do we choose which one? Maybe some diversity lottery? Those always help and never backfire.
Well, I'm trying to find the practicality of killing terrorists. What purpose does it serve?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:52 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, I'm trying to find the practicality of killing terrorists. What purpose does it serve?

I think you would agree it would be silly to do research on EVERY single terrorist we capture. What purpose does it serve to keep them in jail on the tax payers dime, potentially for decades?

I know some will come and shout about the costs of the death penalty , but that's only because we allow them to go through so many damn appeals, etc. before it happens. Even when the evidence is 100% clear.

Put that money towards people who deserve it. Like, say, the victims of terrorism and their families.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:55 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

I think you would agree it would be silly to do research on EVERY single terrorist we capture. What purpose does it serve to keep them in jail on the tax payers dime, potentially for decades?

I know some will come and shout about the costs of the death penalty , but that's only because we allow them to go through so many damn appeals, etc. before it happens. Even when the evidence is 100% clear.

Put that money towards people who deserve it. Like, say, the victims of terrorism and their families.
If we were to discuss money, don't prisons get private funding? Do they profit on putting people in jail?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:58 PM
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Not worth the risk of them escaping. Plus you're using resources to keep them alive. No way. They can either piss on a Koran or die.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 04:59 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If we were to discuss money, don't prisons get private funding? Do they profit on putting people in jail?

Oh some do indeed. Inmates are also used for labor lol, Hilary used inmates.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:07 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:08 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not worth the risk of them escaping. Plus you're using resources to keep them alive. No way. They can either piss on a Koran or die.
Risk? I believe Guantanamo is pretty secure.

I've already given a reason to keep them alive, and Surtur believes it's a good point.

I asked about money, not resources. Do you think killing terrorists is a good for the preservation of resources?

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:13 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

Oh some do indeed. Inmates are also used for labor lol, Hilary used inmates.
NYC terror suspect Sayfullo Saipov brags about attack from hospital bed

Yeah, he needs to die.
Put him to work!

Edit: Second thought, he may just be way too dangerous to be kept alive. God, I honestly don't know.

Last edited by Foxsteak on Nov 2nd, 2017 at 05:17 PM

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:13 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

As for resources, it depends on if we change the process. IMO if the evidence is irrefutable a person should not be able to appeal their death sentence. It should not take a decade before they carry it out.

I want a more stringent process when it comes to handing out this penalty in order to make sure innocent people aren't executed. But I also want the process HIGHLY expedited for the people we are 100% sure are guilty.

If we took that approach, we would preserve more resources. The way we do it now really doesn't.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:17 PM
Foxsteak
Restricted

Account Restricted

"Beyond a reasonable doubt" is the term.

I'm still not convinced that the death penalty serves a purpose, but I'm open to your scenario in that if it is certain that the person in question does indeed 100% kill and is incurable, then, sure, why waste time on bad rubbish?

However, I believe keeping some alive for research, is still a valid point.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 05:36 PM
YousufKhan1212
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hardcore Jihadists should probably be killed since they're so desperate to have their 72 virgins in Jannah.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:00 PM
YousufKhan1212 is currently offline Click here to Send YousufKhan1212 a Private Message Find more posts by YousufKhan1212 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

I think truly committed jihadists who show no repentance and even voice the desire to do it again, if caught alive (which they usually aren't) should get the death penalty. In that case, yes, absolutely. They love death more than infidels love life, so sure, give them what they want. Send them to see Allah.

I agree, well said.

For those that have use/utility, they should be put to work and paid a nominal compensation for the work they do. But I am not sure about indefinite detention. It is a waste of money and inhumane to do that.

Normally, enemy combatants will be freed once a war ends. But the wars most of these men are captured from are not legal wars to begin with. And these wars do not have clear objectives with definitive outcomes and goals. Since no end is in sight for these military campaigns, then they can be held as long as the people in power say "military interests are not complete, it would be dangerous to release them."

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2017 09:08 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote