KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Marvel crosses 5 billion mark domestically

Marvel crosses 5 billion mark domestically
Started by: quanchi112

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zack M
Pre-sales numbers are bigger than Thor or Spider-man homecoming. It will beat it at OW AT least.
What site gives you this intel?

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 08:37 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

Originally posted by juggernaut74
What site gives you this intel?

quote:
Justice League
North Shore Cinema
11/16/17 (11 days before previews, 12 before release)
Mequon, WI

6:00 - 64/301 - Ultrascreen
7:00 - 10/146
8:00 - 1/139
9:00 - 36/301 - Ultrascreen
10:00 - 2/146
11:00 - 1/139
12:00 - 9/301 - Ultrascreen

Running 27% ahead of Homecoming at the same time, translating into a $148.24M OW.

Just in certain chains. JL will open huge, I think. However, I don't think it'll hit the billion mark. Exchange rates have been brutal.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 09:07 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Shouldn’t matter given Wonder Woman grossed $800mill WW on her own.

I’m sure Batman, Superman, Flash and Aquaman can add an additional $200mill (that’s only like $50mill extra each).

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 09:24 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by John Murdoch
I suppose it depends on the quality. I liked BvS, but it was critically-smashed and divided with the audience, but I thought it was a billion-dollar film for sure. The fact that it wasn't is unfathomable to me in this time of comic book film interest being at its peak.

Also, I loved Man of Steel. Still think it's one of the best comic book movies ever, up there but still behind Chris Reeve's first two efforts. Thought Suicide Squad was entertaining, but had a horrible plot and editing. Haven't seen Wonder Woman yet. And to tell the truth, I've at least liked, if not enjoyed thoroughly, all of Snyder's films from Dawn of the Dead 2004 onward, Sucker Punch included.

I hope the DCEU does well, but it's quality, with the exception of Man of Steel and possibly Wonder Woman (again, haven't seen it), is so far below Nolan's, Donner's, Burton's, and Paul Dini/Bruce Timm's runs in film and TV animation that it bamboozles me how WB hasn't captured that for comic book film's renaissance currently happening.

That's why I make the statement that Justice League won't beat Thor: Ragnarok. Marvel/Disney have cracked the code, and Wonder Woman is DC/WB's one massive success. If Justice League can piggyback off WW, ya it should beat Ragnarok; if it sticks to the BvS route, ain't happenin'.

EDIT: Adding a TL;DR: MCU has a proven track record, DCEU still has to prove WW wasn't a one-trick pony in its catalog, thus my prediction for Thor: Ragnarok beating Justice League.

great post

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 09:28 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Originally posted by Zack M
Just in certain chains. JL will open huge, I think. However, I don't think it'll hit the billion mark. Exchange rates have been brutal.
I bought my JL tickets last night when I got my Thor tickets.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 09:53 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Marvel has always been better than DC.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 10:28 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Firefly218
Marvel is not better than DC. Kevin Feige is better than WB management.

If 10 years ago you put Feige in charge of the DC braintrust instead of Marvel then the DCEU would be amazing and Marvel would be nowhere
Marvel has Kevin Feige. That's my point they put people in charge who have a clear vision. DC have started out their own way and after their hilarious failure have tried to ape marvel's formula.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 10:51 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
This doesn't show superiority. If the MCU and DCEU both had an equal amount of movies that had been released this might mean something.

Instead of just being happy for Marvel you had to celebrate a triumph that literally does not exist.
Life isn't equal so quit talking what ifs. Marvel is the studio which showed the cinematic universe is even achievable. DC came on to try to get a piece of the pie marvel revealed was even there. On top of that Marvel films are critically far higher than DC's shit show.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 10:54 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Senor Cage

quote:
^ Shouldn’t matter given Wonder Woman grossed $800mill WW on her own.

I’m sure Batman, Superman, Flash and Aquaman can add an additional $200mill (that’s only like $50mill extra each).

Not how the BO works, though. Especially in the current markets.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 10:56 PM
Senor Cage is currently offline Click here to Send Senor Cage a Private Message Find more posts by Senor Cage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Marvel has always been better than DC.
thumb up

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 10:57 PM
Senor Cage

Originally posted by juggernaut74
I bought my JL tickets last night when I got my Thor tickets.

My man!

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 11:03 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by quanchi112
Life isn't equal so quit talking what ifs. Marvel is the studio which showed the cinematic universe is even achievable. DC came on to try to get a piece of the pie marvel revealed was even there. On top of that Marvel films are critically far higher than DC's shit show.

Life isn't equal, but there's absolutely zero triumph here for Marvel in terms of how much better they are than DC unless the number of films in both universes was comparable.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 11:13 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Surtur
Life isn't equal, but there's absolutely zero triumph here for Marvel in terms of how much better they are than DC unless the number of films in both universes was comparable.
Dc is salivating at the mouth. Marvel reigns supreme. Hugely successful and a ten year plan unlike ever conceived is about to take place with the end of phase three and Thanos.

Old Post Nov 5th, 2017 11:21 PM