KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 133 134 [135] 136 137 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Maybe...just maybe because an amendment that was adopted in 1791...227 years ago...doesn't really have much of a reflection to today's culture & events?

If you were correct, then tens of millions of American liberals would be opposed to the point and purpose of the "right to bear arms" clause in the Second Amendment.

And you'd be correct if the intended purpose of that same clause was no longer relevant, but it still is.

Maybe, just maybe, if you actually understood the amendment and the History, you'd understand why asking if it is still relevant is rather silly.

Hmmm...maybe you should re-read the title of this thread again?

False equivocation. The Right to Bear Arms does not cause mass shootings, nor is it responsible for mass shootings in the US, nor is it an indirect cause.

You will not be able to spin this into "all guns are evil." While you did not directly do that, you're certainly implying it. Since you hold Australia's strict gun laws in high regard, then you can explain why your gun laws had no effect on your homicide rates and why Australia still has among the highest guns per capita in the world of any country (1 gun for ever 3 people).

So once again...how many times have you personally taken up arms against a tyrannical government?

This is a Begging the Question fallacy. We are first to assume that your premise, which results in your question, is true when it is not. The premise is that the Second Amendment exists solely to provide a means for the people to overthrow a tyrannical government. This is only one of the intended purposes. Alternative purposes are:

1. Also to prevent the government from taking up arms against the people (deterrence from creating the tyrannical government to begin with),
2. As a means and compromise between The Federalists and Anti-Federalists (because the right of arms was debated between the two-parties and this as seen as a compromise).
3. Provide a security framework for Militias to defend the nation and states.
4. Common uses such as hunting, defending against criminals (bad guys with ill-intentions in many places and especially frontier locations that had state enemies in addition to just simple bad guys...this was no longer Great Britain - This is the U.S.A. with a frontier and wilderness front that greatly eclipsed the British Isles). And before a proper british geographer calls me out on the British Isles having a massive perimeter length due to how many islands there are (meaning, my implied point is wrong, here), I'm clearly referring to a general outline and being land-locked on the frontier).
5. As a marked "Eff You!" to their British Oppressors who sought to disarm the people as a means of control.

The Supreme Court upheld the notion that it is a private right of the citizen to keep and bear arms. Original Intent was upheld in our highest court. So using the logical fallacy that Begs the question - "Are you overthrowing your Tyrannical Government, Lately?" - is just not an honest path of discussion. At the risk of committing a logical fallacy myself (False Dichotomy), your question implies that you're either ignorant of the context and History of the Second Amendment or you're being very dishonest in your intentions (my money is on the latter - you're hoping these yahoos are too stupid or lazy to really engage in a well-formed conversation).

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 02:02 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

What's retarded is hiding behind a 200year plus amendment & thinking it's still applicable to this day & age.

A tyrannical government?

So you're comparing America to Cuba? Rumania? Haiti? Iraq?
How about Germany?

Any rational person in this day & age will tell you that you don't fight a corrupt government with weapons anymore.

LOL. So much wrong with this. I guess it depends on what kind of corruption and how far it has spread.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 04:18 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

LOL HA HA HA!

A bit late to fall back on the race card huh?

Because never once in this thread of mass shootings have you declared that your insightfulness is based on being part Cherokee.

So once again...how many times have you personally taken up arms against a tyrannical government?

I'd ask for DNA evidence, crackers love to declare their great, great, great grandmother's brother's cousin was at the Trail of Tears or something

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 04:23 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
I'd ask for DNA evidence, crackers love to declare their great, great, great grandmother's brother's cousin was at the Trail of Tears or something

Nonsense Rob. I know how to figure this out.

Yo Silent Master, you got high cheek bones?

If yes, BOOM, native american.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 04:26 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Stop being a racist, Surt. At least try. Thanks in advance.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 04:49 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's racist? I'm just going by Elizabeth Warren's standards.

You saying Elizabeth Warren is racist, Rob?

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 04:51 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 04:57 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

So she is a racist? Interesting.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 05:05 PM
dadudemon

I think you know what he's doing and it's this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/warren...igh-cheekbones/

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 06:43 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I think you know what he's doing and it's this:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/warren...igh-cheekbones/

Good god looking at her..its like looking back in time at native americans!!! Awesome. This is what they looked like as they roamed the plains.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 06:44 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

That woman see's a piece of litter on the street and a single lone(but powerful) tear drops from her eye.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 06:49 PM
dadudemon

Originally posted by Surtur
Good god looking at her..its like looking back in time at native americans!!! Awesome. This is what they looked like as they roamed the plains.

You shut up, you racist cracker.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 07:03 PM
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

I’m so sure you fools care about racism lol

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 08:21 PM
DarthPlaguis12 is currently offline Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You shut up, you racist cracker.

Bingo

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 08:35 PM
dadudemon

We should do this.

I suggest all of us take those tests. And submit our results in a thread.

We already know you're more Italian than I am, for instance.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 08:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

We should do this.

I suggest all of us take those tests. And submit our results in a thread.

We already know you're more Italian than I am, for instance.

I'm hoping some high-end millionaire sets up a 100% free service for every neo-nazi, alt-right, KKK and/or white supremacist to do two separate DNA test with the caveat that the info is posted online for all to see along with their name and picture.

I'm willing to bet those crackers are not as "aryan racially pure" as they imagine they are. I bet we have more than just a few crying nazis; it would be glorious.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 09:29 PM
Silent Master

I have actually had a DNA test done and can prove it.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 10:10 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

You're not one of those 1.0-12.4% NA that claim to be NA, are you. Show me the money.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 10:13 PM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Silent Master
You're asking someone that's part Cherokee if they know what a tyrannical government is. Next you'll be asking Japanese people if they've ever heard of internment camps.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 10:18 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Ah, so you're like 2% NA or something.

Old Post Mar 19th, 2018 10:23 PM