KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Mass Shootings in America Thread

Mass Shootings in America Thread
Started by: Robtard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (263): « First ... « 244 245 [246] 247 248 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

I have a shotgun in the UK, I use it for clay pigeon shooting. I don't like to brag shifty I am very good! I also have an AK47 with foldable stock here in Nigeria for house protection as I am at risk of being kidnapped. Tbh, guns are realtively available in the UK a shotgun licence is easy to get. We do have gun violence too. Occasionally we have gun rampages, but they are less and less frequent. Hungerford was a long time ago... The last mass shooting we had was Derrick Bird a Taxi Driver and local gun club champion Marksmen, who got depressed and had a list of people he hated, so he shot 12 of them before the Police stopped him. I think this shows access is the key. He was an expert shot and had guns. In fact he was such a good shot the Police struggled to arrest him and footage of them following his vehicle at distance along country lanes is Keystone cops stuff. I have guns, in the UK I really have no reason for one and shouldn't have one, but I do. I once had 3 and I tell you with three loaded shotguns I could cause havoc. Access is key.

Last edited by Old Man Whirly! on Mar 24th, 2021 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 04:09 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthAloysius

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Old Man Whirly!
Access is key.
thumb up

Murderers and psychotics will always exist and there is not a lot we can do about that, but we can restrict their access to firearms.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 04:26 PM
DarthAloysius is currently offline Click here to Send DarthAloysius a Private Message Find more posts by DarthAloysius Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

“This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Kansas resident Andrew Thompson, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations.

“It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this individual from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.”

Satire? Reality? In America, there is no difference.

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-..._source=twitter

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 05:56 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
That can be adjusted for via per capita, as in a "per 100,000 people" and similar.

I'm not sure how well those kind of comparisons work, though.

Japan or China, aren't they mostly homogeneous countries, compared to the US? When you have a mix of cultures, a mix of good stares and bad stares, all it takes is just one really bad dumpster fire for the entire country to look bad.

But I don't really know how the U.K. or orher first world countries compare. I mean, do they take in as many refugees as we do? Do they have the same socio-political landscapes where about a hundred factions are so polarized, you can't even get them to agree on mask mandates?

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 06:17 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

quote:
Facebook scrubbed a page belonging to Boulder supermarket shooter Ahmad Al-Issa that revealed the gunman was anti-Trump and had promoted pro-refugee, anti-Islamophobia activism.

Source.

I guess the Left and the media are to blame since Trump and the Right are to blame for violence, right?

Simp list: samhain, Blakemore, snowdragon

If you want to anger a Conservative, lie to him.
If you want to anger a Liberal, tell him the truth.

KMC is a Left Wing echo chamber; just like Reddit and Twitter.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 06:30 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Old Man Whirly!
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by DarthAloysius
thumb up

Murderers and psychotics will always exist and there is not a lot we can do about that, but we can restrict their access to firearms.
Originally posted by Dreampanther
“This was a terrible tragedy, but sometimes these things just happen and there’s nothing anyone can do to stop them,” said Kansas resident Andrew Thompson, echoing sentiments expressed by tens of millions of individuals who reside in a nation where over half of the world’s deadliest mass shootings have occurred in the past 50 years and whose citizens are 20 times more likely to die of gun violence than those of other developed nations.

“It’s a shame, but what can we do? There really wasn’t anything that was going to keep this individual from snapping and killing a lot of people if that’s what they really wanted.”

Satire? Reality? In America, there is no difference.

https://www.theonion.com/no-way-to-..._source=twitter
thumb up

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 06:47 PM
Old Man Whirly! is currently offline Click here to Send Old Man Whirly! a Private Message Find more posts by Old Man Whirly! Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

I wonder if this guy would had been flagged and barred from buying a gun had Trump/Republicans not reversed Obama's rule to the NICS in 2017.

https://www.congress.gov/115/plaws/...AW-115publ8.pdf

I guess the ACLU really screwed up, huh?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 06:58 PM
Klaw is currently offline Find more posts by Klaw Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Klaw
I guess the ACLU really screwed up, huh?
The ACLU are not a part of Congress, they don't pass laws.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 24th, 2021 at 07:16 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 07:10 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by cdtm
I'm not sure how well those kind of comparisons work, though.

Japan or China, aren't they mostly homogeneous countries, compared to the US? When you have a mix of cultures, a mix of good stares and bad stares, all it takes is just one really bad dumpster fire for the entire country to look bad.

But I don't really know how the U.K. or orher first world countries compare. I mean, do they take in as many refugees as we do? Do they have the same socio-political landscapes where about a hundred factions are so polarized, you can't even get them to agree on mask mandates?

You mentioned population difference, I noted that can be factored in using per capita.

Dunno. I imagine places like Somalia and Venezuela are probably pretty homogeneous and they have very high rates of gun violence. At least Venezuela, not 100% sure of Somalia.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 07:16 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

The ACLU are not a part of Congress, they don't pass laws.

So the ACLU was against it due to discrimination, I guess you think stop and frisk is okay then?

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 07:32 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

So the ACLU was against it due to discrimination, I guess you think stop and frisk is okay then?

I'm sorry, do you actually think these loaded question shit-tactics are going to work on me.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 07:46 PM
Klaw
Sigma Male

I'm sorry, do you actually think these loaded question shit-tactics are going to work on me.

Your double standards have already been exposed, so I'm good.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 08:20 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Wrong again, as I've made no comment on my views over the ACLU's views.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 08:49 PM
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

TBH The ACLU may have a valid point:

quote:
Thousands of Americans whose disability benefits are managed by someone else range from young people with depression and financial inexperience to older adults with Down syndrome needing help with a limited budget, the ACLU wrote.

"But no data — none — show that these individuals have a propensity for violence in general or gun violence in particular," the ACLU said.

'Disturbing trend'

To add innocent Americans to this criminal database because of a mental disability "is a disturbing trend," it said.

The regulation was also opposed by advocates for people with disabilities and mental health issues.

"There is, simply put, no nexus between the inability to manage money and the ability to safely and responsibly own, possess or use a firearm," wrote the National Council on Disability.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 09:24 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Wrong again, as I've made no comment on my views over the ACLU's views.

Was referring to you supporting discrimination regarding the mentally ill, and asking about stop and frisk, not the ACLU.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 09:26 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Was referring to you supporting discrimination regarding the mentally ill, and asking about stop and frisk, not the ACLU.

I do do believe mental illness as being a legitimate reason in someone possibly not owning a gun, you agreed with me, so it seems you're just playing your shit-games again in trying to get one of your 'gotchas':

Well, people with a history of mental illness definitely should not be able to possess guns.

I think we can all agree on that.

Wrong again, I made no comment regarding "stop and frisk" here.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2021 11:55 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

"We have a suspect wearing an armored vest about 5’8” weighing about 280 pounds in a vehicle. A white male." - boulder police dispatch audio

https://kdvr.com/news/local/hear-th...ers-in-boulder/

the police thought he was white, which was why he wasn't executed at the crime scene. oh wait I already said that, because I'm clairvoyant

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
maybe the police mistook him for a caucasian

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2021 11:46 AM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jaden_2.0
Awful

Daniel Shaver appreciates you point.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Mar 25th, 2021 06:21 PM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

they must have mistaken him for a middle-eastern person. someone should find the dispatch audio for that call

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2021 06:47 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Klaw
Sigma Male

Originally posted by jaden_2.0
Daniel Shaver appreciates you point.

(please log in to view the image)

But all cops are racist against POC and treat Whites so well!

Old Post Mar 25th, 2021 08:21 PM