KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Thor vs. Magneto

Thor vs. Magneto
Started by: byrdgang21

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Silent Master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
The reason why Magneto would win is because he can control Mjolnir from the start (over Thor's will). This is because he has feats of exerted forces of hundreds of thousands of tons. Thor isn't that strong and his hammer has been hit away at far lesser forces.

In short, Mags beats the hell out of the Thor with Mjolnir traveling at bullet speeds or higher.

Hitting something away is completely different than Magneto moving something with his powers. It's like you've never seen any of these movies.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 12:57 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Originally posted by quanchi112
Nah, the dude got beaten easily in Dofp. He's nowhere near this formidable and couldn't even save his family from outdated cops.

The Future Sentinels would beat Thor, Magneto, and anyone else they faced in direct combat...

So mentioning the Sentinels is irrelevant here...

Those cops chose an area that was free of metal so, they effectively had prep specifically against his powers...

And you ignore the FACT that the power Thor has shown on screen is nothing compared to what we've seen from Magneto...

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:11 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Thor attacks are quicker and Mags won't be able to react in time.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:15 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TheLordofMurder
The Future Sentinels would beat Thor, Magneto, and anyone else they faced in direct combat...

So mentioning the Sentinels is irrelevant here...

Those cops chose an area that was free of metal so, they effectively had prep specifically against his powers...

And you ignore the FACT that the power Thor has shown on screen is nothing compared to what we've seen from Magneto...
Thor would wreck these laughable machines. Avengers wrap this up in a day.

So you admit the area matters aka he's dependent on this to even stand a chance. Gotcha.

Thor is far stronger, more skilled, and more powerful than Magneto as well as an experience edge.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 01:39 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Thor would wreck these laughable machines.

The same way he did here?

laughing out loud

Attachment: thor dies against the future sentinels....jpg
This has been downloaded 0 time(s).

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 03:05 AM
TheLordofMurder is currently offline Click here to Send TheLordofMurder a Private Message Find more posts by TheLordofMurder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheLordofMurder

Thor would wreck these laughable machines. Avengers wrap this up in a day.

So you admit the area matters aka he's dependent on this to even stand a chance. Gotcha.

Thor is far stronger, more skilled, and more powerful than Magneto as well as an experience edge.

Magneto wasn't at his full power when he faced those men...

He's at full power in this thread and as long as he's on a planetary surface, all the metal on the planet is at his command...

Thor's experience wont get him past Mags Force Field and Magneto can literally hurl a significant percentage of the planet at Thor until he drops...

Magneto wins...

Last edited by TheLordofMurder on Nov 22nd, 2017 at 03:09 AM

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 03:07 AM
quanchi112
Disney

The same way he did here?

laughing out loud
Responding to a post twice shows you are very emotional.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 03:43 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Magneto wasn't at his full power when he faced those men...

He's at full power in this thread and as long as he's on a planetary surface, all the metal on the planet is at his command...

Thor's experience wont get him past Mags Force Field and Magneto can literally hurl a significant percentage of the planet at Thor until he drops...

Magneto wins...
Stop with the excuses. He shouldn't need to be at his best to deal with outdated cops. A depowered Thor wrecked shield agents you inbreed.

Thor hits him first. He isn't powerful enough to withstand Thor power. Better warrior, quicker reactions, etc. magneto is a joke compared to the true MCU.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 03:45 AM
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
Hitting something away is completely different than Magneto moving something with his powers. It's like you've never seen any of these movies.
Huh? I don’t understand what you are trying to get at.
I’m saying that Mags can take control of Mjolnir instantly and use it against Thor.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 04:42 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by playa1258
Thor attacks are quicker and Mags won't be able to react in time.
No they aren’t. Mags have stop bullets instantly. He can take control of Mjolnir before Thor can blink.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 04:43 AM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

quote:
originally posted by h1a8

Huh? I don’t understand what you are trying to get at.
I’m saying that Mags can take control of Mjolnir instantly and use it against Thor.

Prove that Magneto is worthy enough to wield Mjolnir.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 04:51 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Account Restricted

He isn't, but his power would lift it anyway as he won't be able to pick it up in his hand. He may not be able to wield it though, but I have seen nothing to believe his output at the end of Apoc would not affect it. I personally think it would and I think he might be able to disintegrate it, after all, it is metal.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 05:04 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
He isn't, but his power would lift it anyway as he won't be able to pick it up in his hand. He may not be able to wield it though, but I have seen nothing to believe his output at the end of Apoc would not affect it. I personally think it would and I think he might be able to disintegrate it, after all, it is metal.

That's not the way movie Mjolnir works, it doesn't require that the person physically touch it in order to activate the enchantment. This was made clear all the way back in Thor's first movie.

Old Post Nov 22nd, 2017 05:07 AM
h1a8

Irrelevant. He can control it with his powers. Worthiness has nothing to do with it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 02:44 AM
h1a8

That's not the way movie Mjolnir works, it doesn't require that the person physically touch it in order to activate the enchantment. This was made clear all the way back in Thor's first movie.

Mjolnir has been hit away, stopped, broken, etc. It just takes sufficient force.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 02:45 AM
Silent Master

Irrelevant. He can control it with his powers. Worthiness has nothing to do with it.

Prove it.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 03:03 AM
h1a8

Prove it.

I did.

1. Magneto has exerted over 100,000 tons of force with his powers.
2. Mjolnir was halted against its will with Kurse and Hela with far less than that.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 04:22 PM
Silent Master

I did.

1. Magneto has exerted over 100,000 tons of force with his powers.
2. Mjolnir was halted against its will with Kurse and Hela with far less than that.

There is a difference between knocking something away and controlling/moving it via your power.

I thought you were supposed to be a teacher, why do you need things that are obvious explained to you?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 04:25 PM
Silent Master

Not to mention that even if Magneto is powerful enough to overcome the enchantment. Magneto has zero feats of moving heavy objects very fast or multi-tasking while moving heavy objects.

So trying to control Mjolnir during a fight would be a very bad idea.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 04:56 PM
h1a8

There is a difference between knocking something away and controlling/moving it via your power.

I thought you were supposed to be a teacher, why do you need things that are obvious explained to you?
There is absolutely no difference. Knocking it away implies controlling it for a moment. Think about it.

Could Mjolnir be hit away by a random person if it was lying on the ground? Why? Because of the enchantment right? Well Kurse hit it away and Hela stopped and held it (you didn't mention her). That means it can be done with sufficient force.

Mags uses his force powers to send Mjolnir flying in whatever direction he wants, just like knocking it away (but in the direction of his choosing).

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2017 07:34 PM