KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » The problem with Job Reports

The problem with Job Reports
Started by: Rockydonovang

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
You mean when he took money FROM the Economy and then just more or less gave some of it back?

What a great guy.
That's a gross oversimplification if I ever heard one. Here's a detailed article on the act: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ameri...ent_Act_of_2009

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 09:58 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Firefly218
When Obama entered office, the economy was on a massive downward trend. When Obama left office, the economy was on a steady upward trend.

Trump has inherited an improving economy and you not giving Obama any credit for that is the essence of partisan hackery.

All I did was ask a question. That is partisan hackery?

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 10:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Surtur
All I did was ask a question. That is partisan hackery?
Indeed, if you don't credit much of this economic upswing to the administration under which it was spurred you are a partisan hack. I'm not necessarily saying that's the case, although it seems that it is.

The problem is that Trump is taking credit for the economic fruits of the Obama admin, which isn't right. Trump doesn't deserve any credit yet.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 10:57 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

IMO you should wait until I express those ideas before saying I feel them. I was merely curious about what people thought about it. Mostly because when he first got elected I could have sworn we had people writing articles saying the economy would tank, etc. because of him.

Maybe I just remember wrong.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2017 11:10 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Firefly218
Indeed, if you don't credit much of this economic upswing to the administration under which it was spurred you are a partisan hack. I'm not necessarily saying that's the case, although it seems that it is.

The problem is that Trump is taking credit for the economic fruits of the Obama admin, which isn't right. Trump doesn't deserve any credit yet.

I spoke to an actual economist about this. He said that the "effects" of a presidency cannot be felt until about 2 years in barring major or sweeping policies.

Has Trump done anything major or implemented any sweeping policies to affect the economy? I'm sure Surtur would point to the fact that comfort and joy from Wall Street has contributed to the stock market upswing from the past 11-ish months.

But what do you think? You already know what Surtur's arguments will be but I'm more interested in your ideas.

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 03:31 AM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Trump has to enact economic policy first

Old Post Dec 11th, 2017 03:47 AM
Rockydonovang is currently offline Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote