KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Supermen vs. Dormammu

Supermen vs. Dormammu
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Adam Grimes
There won't be anything to dodge when Dormammu lies in the floor, splattered all over the place. Maybe pieces of him still floating.

Falls to the floor? As assuming Dormammu can even be touched?

A bold accusation considering the man's face floats and appears from nowhere. Also it's evident that it's radiating light from his face which points at a non organic being.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 05:28 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Prove that he can't be touched.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 05:30 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Prove that he can't be touched.

Logic, appearance and a bit of understanding over the movie and character.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 05:33 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Logic, appearance and a bit of understanding over the movie and character.
How can you logically afirm that? Lol

Concession accepted friend.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 05:44 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

Dormammu has no tp resistance feats. Reeves supeman kisses him and erases his memory.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 06:14 PM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

The is literally no posible way Dormammu wins

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 06:28 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Watch the movie again and maybe some comics about Dormammu.

Dormammu isn't like Galactus that has a physical manifestation. Dormammu is a magical being, reason why he is a direct enemy to Dr. Strange.

Unless Superman knows magic (Which he doesn't). There is nothing he can do.

Again, it isn't an organic body. It's more of a magical manifestation.

Based on what do you claim those beams < speed of light?

I know the character. This version has a physical form, that is what we know. Would destroying it kill him forever? Hard to say.

quote:
You can clearly see that Strange had already summon the shields. Also Dormammu had to open his mouth to shoot the lasers. Giving Strange a fraction of time to cover himself.

Dormammu has control over the reality where Superman is. There is nowhere Superman can hide nor can he run forever.

Superman loses due to being a disadvantage.

He has some, and he clearly puts up another one to sustain the blast. And you just rendered the speed of the blasts moot anyways. If Strange had enough time to cover himself because Dormammu needs to open his mouth to fire...Clark from Smallville will have an eternity to act.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 06:33 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

SV Superman also has canon feats from SV comics.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 06:44 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

How can you logically afirm that? Lol

Concession accepted friend.

Go watch the movie. But open your eyes.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:38 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

The is literally no posible way Dormammu wins

laughing out loud

Next time you'll say Superman beats TOAA. Concession accepted.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:38 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Surtur
I know the character. This version has a physical form, that is what we know. Would destroying it kill him forever? Hard to say.

He has some, and he clearly puts up another one to sustain the blast. And you just rendered the speed of the blasts moot anyways. If Strange had enough time to cover himself because Dormammu needs to open his mouth to fire...Clark from Smallville will have an eternity to act.

Damnn!!!! Wow! The fact that you claim it has physical form is astonishing. Either you didn't watch the movie or you don't know what you are saying.

Physical form involves a body, atoms, matter. Matter doesn't appear from nowhere.

As i mentioned before. Superman can't run nor hide forever. Dormammu wins because of him being superior than Superman.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:40 PM
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

laughing out loud

Next time you'll say Superman beats TOAA. Concession accepted.
Funny comparison friend. You're smart. thumb up

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:56 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Funny comparison friend. You're smart. thumb up

I KNOW! laughing out loud

Old Post Dec 16th, 2017 07:57 PM
John Murdoch

Originally posted by Robtard
Reeve's Superman has on-demand powers, so he creates an anti-Dormammu wrap and that about wraps (get it?) it up. /thread

I stopped watching Smallville after a few seasons, but from what I understand he could fart and win here.

Yep. Could reverse Earth's rotation to turn time back, rebuild the great wall of China by looking at it, the Superman III version of himself had such inner turmoil that he spontaneously created a clone to fight himself, moved the moon to eclipse the sun, etc.

Only remember stuff like racing Flash and Apokolips moving feat from Smallville; Welling has plenty of insane feats from what I've heard my wife and friends mention, they watched the show during its first run.

Cavillman can be a flying speedster whilst Reeve and Welling Supermen create some kind of Phantom Zone projector using thin air and send Dormammu there.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 12:11 AM
John Murdoch is currently offline Click here to Send John Murdoch a Private Message Find more posts by John Murdoch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Damnn!!!! Wow! The fact that you claim it has physical form is astonishing. Either you didn't watch the movie or you don't know what you are saying.

Physical form involves a body, atoms, matter. Matter doesn't appear from nowhere.

As i mentioned before. Superman can't run nor hide forever. Dormammu wins because of him being superior than Superman.

Don't get me wrong, like I said, I don't think physical destruction would be the end. But, what else do we have? We can only go by what we see, this thing needed to manifest some sort of physical form(a face, or whatever) to attack. If you are going to put the character in a fight we need to apply certain rules.

I do know about the character. It's why I know the comic version could win with a flick of his wrist. But this ain't the comics.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 12:36 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Surtur
Don't get me wrong, like I said, I don't think physical destruction would be the end. But, what else do we have? We can only go by what we see, this thing needed to manifest some sort of physical form(a face, or whatever) to attack. If you are going to put the character in a fight we need to apply certain rules.

I do know about the character. It's why I know the comic version could win with a flick of his wrist. But this ain't the comics.

This aint the comics i agree. But since there are no movie feats then....You cant assume that a laser will hurt him.

I support Dormammu because he has the advantage, not because i know Dormammu will win.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 02:11 AM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Dr. Strange required the an Infinity Stone to defeat Dormammu.

Atleast that means that these superman have to possess Universal Power to bargain Dormammu.

This superman are powerful but they haven't reached Universal Power to be honest.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 02:20 AM
quanchi112
Disney

There won't be anything to dodge when Dormammu lies in the floor, splattered all over the place. Maybe pieces of him still floating.
Based on what ?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2017 04:32 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by John Murdoch
Yep. Could reverse Earth's rotation to turn time back, rebuild the great wall of China by looking at it, the Superman III version of himself had such inner turmoil that he spontaneously created a clone to fight himself, moved the moon to eclipse the sun, etc.

Only remember stuff like racing Flash and Apokolips moving feat from Smallville; Welling has plenty of insane feats from what I've heard my wife and friends mention, they watched the show during its first run.

Cavillman can be a flying speedster whilst Reeve and Welling Supermen create some kind of Phantom Zone projector using thin air and send Dormammu there.
Good points thumb up

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 11:05 AM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Imagination tactics to circumvent the rules to make it appear that the Supermen have a chance when they clearly don't. Dormammu wins.

Old Post Dec 18th, 2017 01:16 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote