KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread

Dragon Ball Super: Broly - Discussion Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (64): « First ... « 62 63 [64]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

I don't see any reason to think the forms are different just because Broly managed to tame the Oozaru transformation. That would simply mean he has access to an additional form...

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 05:09 PM
BestDebaterEver is currently offline Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

I wouldn't doubt God forms would be above Broly's mutant hybrid transformations for Broly personally. After all, all he's doing is combining a base Saiyan transformation with another lesser (than God) transformation and coming out with stellar results. It'd stand to reason the height of Saiyan transformations would be better, and he'd likely be able to combine it with monkey power.

This is completely theoretical though and would never happen. He's already above God level. Unless he becomes relevant to the main cast and they fight Angels and shit, such a thing would never even become an idea outside Mexican fanfiction.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 05:10 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BestDebaterEver
I don't see any reason to think the forms are different just because Broly managed to tame the Oozaru transformation. That would simply mean he has access to an additional form...
Broly's FP form is a derivative of his wholly unique Ikari/Oozaru form. Kale's LSSJ is a derivative of her base form. Similar, but different.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 05:23 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 05:16 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by One Big Mob
I wouldn't doubt God forms would be above Broly's mutant hybrid transformations for Broly personally. After all, all he's doing is combining a base Saiyan transformation with another lesser (than God) transformation and coming out with stellar results. It'd stand to reason the height of Saiyan transformations would be better, and he'd likely be able to combine it with monkey power.

This is completely theoretical though and would never happen. He's already above God level. Unless he becomes relevant to the main cast and they fight Angels and shit, such a thing would never even become an idea outside Mexican fanfiction.
Seems like Godly ki was originally intended to be a far more evolved/advanced variation of 'normal' ki... But then people with 'normal' ki started keeping pace with Godly ki no problem.

It's like asking if Jiren would become more powerful if he had access to divine ki: who knows? Once you get to a certain level, it's hard to say.

Realistically, the only 'powerup' we'll ever see for Broly is just him gaining control over his forms, and probably learning some exotic shit from Goku. Once that happens, his power will increase tremendously as it is.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 3rd, 2019 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 05:23 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Galan007
Seems like Godly ki was originally intended to be a far more evolved/advanced variation of 'normal' ki... But then people with 'normal' ki started keeping pace with Godly ki no problem.

It's like asking if Jiren would become more powerful if he had access to divine ki: who knows? Once you get to a certain level, it's hard to say.

Realistically, the only 'powerup' we'll ever see for Broly is just him gaining control over his forms, and probably learning some exotic shit from Goku. Once that happens, his power will increase tremendously as it is.
God forms have been treated like Sara Paxton in Last House on The Left. But that indicates that people don't 'need' the forms, not that they aren't the greatest pure Saiyan transformation. And with Broly's constant growing power, and his Pym particle amps to theoretically every form, he would be a Mexican's wet dream if he achieved God forms. No reason he wouldn't be more powerful than his hybrid Super Saiyan form to me anyway. It'd just be a hybrid SSGod form now.

Oh yeah, I hope we never see the day Broly gets additional forms. He doesn't need it, hence why we won't see it.

Broly's base is like God level now. His transformations while impressive are bolstered so much because his base is retarded.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 05:53 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BestDebaterEver
Head of Debate Club

Originally posted by Galan007
Broly's FP form is a derivative of his wholly unique Ikari/Oozaru form. Kale's LSSJ is a derivative of her base form. Similar, but different.
Again, him having an additional in-between form does what exactly to make his SSJ and LSSJ forms different?

Also, pretty sure Jiren and even Toppo have God Ki. To my recollection in the manga and probably the anime as well nobody could sense Jiren's ki.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 05:58 PM
BestDebaterEver is currently offline Click here to Send BestDebaterEver a Private Message Find more posts by BestDebaterEver Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Again, him having an additional in-between form does what exactly to make his SSJ and LSSJ forms different?

Also, pretty sure Jiren and even Toppo have God Ki. To my recollection in the manga and probably the anime as well nobody could sense Jiren's ki.
Because they derive from different forms all together. We don't even know if Broly's FP form would have been possible if he hadn't first accessed his Ikari form. Conversely, we know Kale's LSSJ form was accessible from her base state.

Toppo can access Godly ki, yes. Jiren does not use Godly ki, however(Freeza explicitly sensed his "LB" ki during the ToP, for example.)

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:24 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

For the record. Jiren has no godly ki and has never shown any, what he has is pure power he achieved through training.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 06:35 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

God ki could do wonders for some of the lesser used Z-fighters or something, but those already on a formidable level on their own like Broly or Jiren dont really need it, yeah.

God ki in general kinda became devalued as they made/changed things up as they went on, even if it is the Dragon Ball way.

Old Post Mar 3rd, 2019 08:47 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Maybe god ki gives a better boost, but has a low ceiling. That explains why Jiren, Freeza, and Broly drastically outperform god ki-ers.

Humans combining god ki and kaio-ken could be interesting.

If I was writing it, I'd have the human race be unusually gifted in god ki. Throw them a bone, and start having them actively competing with Saiyan gains.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 12:07 AM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inedian

God ki should have a higher ceiling, easily, no doubt about it. It's a god ki and Goku and Vegeta are still amateurs here. The depth of their god ki is a joke for now.

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 10:25 AM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by cdtm
Maybe god ki gives a better boost, but has a low ceiling. That explains why Jiren, Freeza, and Broly drastically outperform god ki-ers.

Humans combining god ki and kaio-ken could be interesting.

If I was writing it, I'd have the human race be unusually gifted in god ki. Throw them a bone, and start having them actively competing with Saiyan gains.

Piccolo with god ki... Enough said. Certain humans with it would be dope too though. thumb up

Old Post Mar 5th, 2019 11:00 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruhMan
World Champion

Watching the movie again, I don't normally think too much about this stuff but since its rarely emphasized in Db I will just say...Vegeta and Goku have some NUTTY strength feats in this movie. I'm glad because that kind of stuff should come more often with the amount of power they put on display.

Old Post Mar 8th, 2019 04:24 AM
BruhMan is currently offline Click here to Send BruhMan a Private Message Find more posts by BruhMan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

They are doing another theatrical run!!!!

https://comicbook.com/anime/2019/03...ase-date-india/

Old Post Mar 15th, 2019 06:47 PM
BrolyBlack is currently offline Click here to Send BrolyBlack a Private Message Find more posts by BrolyBlack Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

So according to a recent interview, the Broly film was already in the planning phases before Toei had the idea of introducing Kale into the DBS anime.

IOW, they didn't think of canonizing Broly after Kale. In fact, Kale was likely a direct product of all the Broly talk within Toei at the time.

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 28th, 2019 at 11:01 PM

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 10:56 PM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

With how they dont really plan things ahead of time, is not surprising, but makes more sense knowing now nonetheless. In retrospect Kale may as well have had something more unique to her instead of being seen as the next Broly, because when the real thing came, it made her feel redundant/cheapened looking back. Still enjoyed her more than the polarized OG Broly, but the new Broly is where its at imo.

Old Post Mar 28th, 2019 11:31 PM
BrolyBlack
Restricted

Account Restricted

Arrived in Bluray yesterday, watched it on my awesome 4K QLED setup.

Amazing

Old Post May 11th, 2019 01:13 AM