KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Kefla vs Hit

Kefla vs Hit
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Okay, but how does any of this equate to Kefla being more powerful than Jiren was when he fought Goku?

Jiren handled the Genki Dama with a f*cking eye-blink. He easily dodged UI Goku's initial salvo. He matched UI Goku in every conceivable way. Etc.

Conversely, Kefla was utterly outclassed by UI Goku, and therefore, was well below the aforementioned [suppressed] Jiren, imo.

He didn't easily dodge UI Goku's initial salvo. Hell, within the first few blows, Jiren's face was scuffed.

They stalemate for a while, but Goku then knees him in the stomach and knocks him to the ground with an off-the-cuff kamehameha.

Yes, Jiren did better against UI Goku than Kefla did, but Goku was explicitly more powerful the second time he used UI than the first time. This is why Piccolo speculates that Kefla surpassed the UI Goku that fought Jiren.

Essentially, 2nd UI Goku > FP Kefla > First UI Goku ~ Suppressed Jiren.

Regardless, there's at least enough controversy here that Hit doesn't stand a chance in hell against someone as powerful as FP Kefla.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 07:39 PM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He didn't easily dodge UI Goku's initial salvo. Hell, within the first few blows, Jiren's face was scuffed.

They stalemate for a while, but Goku then knees him in the stomach and knocks him to the ground with an off-the-cuff kamehameha.

Yes, Jiren did better against UI Goku than Kefla did, but Goku was explicitly more powerful the second time he used UI than the first time. This is why Piccolo speculates that Kefla surpassed the UI Goku that fought Jiren.
Jiren didn't just do 'better' against UI Goku than Kefla... He did much, MUCH better, and matched Goku in every conceivable way. Kefla, however, amounted to little more than a glorified punching bag for UI Goku(whose stamina was massively depleted at the time, to boot.)

Meh, Piccolo says it "MIGHT even surpass [Goku's] earlier level." "Might" implies that even IF UI Goku(Mk. II) was more powerful than UI Goku(Mk. I), the difference was marginal, at best. History tells us that if the difference was significant, Piccolo would have said something like "far" more powerful or whathaveyou.

Essentially, 2nd UI Goku > FP Kefla > First UI Goku ~ Suppressed Jiren.
Why on earth would you EVER believe that Kefla was > UI Goku(Mk. I)..? Absolutely NOTHING Kefla did implies that she could have even remotely contended with(much less beaten) the UI Goku who fought Jiren... Literally nothing.

Lets be honest: ANY 'version' of UI Goku would've f*cking throttled her, easily.

Regardless, there's at least enough controversy here that Hit doesn't stand a chance in hell against someone as powerful as FP Kefla.
I disagree. I honestly do not believe that Kefla is a good enough fighter to read and counter Hit's temporal abilities, and I especially don't see her standing up to his killing techniques. Raw power isn't everything.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 6th, 2018 at 10:37 PM

Old Post Jan 6th, 2018 10:32 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Piccolo didn't say UI MK. II surpassed UI MK I. Piccolo said LSSJ2 Kefla surpassed UI MK. I. So yeah, Goku definitely improved quite a bit the 2nd time around. smile

Last edited by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ on Jan 7th, 2018 at 12:22 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 12:20 AM
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ is currently offline Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Meh, Piccolo could have just as easily been referencing SSB Goku, if you want to go that route with it -- "earlier level" is vague AF in that context. Regardless, Piccolo's bit of dialogue there is rather confusing either way you slice it.

Goku was able to hone/sharpen/fine-tune UI in some areas, but certainly not in others... And we'll see him refine UI every time he accesses it(until he attains complete mastery, of course.)

That said, UI Goku(Mk. I) would still wipe his ass with LSSJ2 Kefla. It would honestly be a one-sided stomp.

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 7th, 2018 at 12:47 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 12:40 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

It referring to SSB Goku makes absolutely no sense. The dialogue isn't confusing.

LSSJ Kefla already rivalled the power of the spirit bomb, which poops on the power of SSJB. Kefla then goes LSSJ2. The only power Goku ever previously attained that would make sense is the first time he used UI, especially given that Goku was in UI Mk II when Piccolo made the statement. Piccolo is essentially saying Kefla surpassed Son's earlier level in UI by going LSSJ2. It being SSJB absolutely makes no sense.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 12:53 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

You might have a point with LSSJ2, which she only went to when Goku went UI, but before that it was basically implied that Blue form Goku was > Kefla aside from his depleted stamina.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 01:41 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Nah.

It's explicitly stated that regular SSJ Kefla ~ the Spirit Bomb that was >/>> SSJB KKx20 in terms of power. Clearly she was holding back against Goku.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 01:44 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

If you go back and rewatch ep. 115, you will find that SSB Goku /w/ a standard KK(x2) was ~/> LSSJ Kefla(in fact, a single blow from Goku was capable of "really hurting" her)... And it was reiterated numerous times that Goku's stamina was almost entirely depleted during that fight, which means he wasn't operating anywhere near his peak. Despite this, he was still no less than equal to her.

*And there was absolutely NO reason to believe Kefla was holding back against Goku, btw -- quite the contrary, actually.

Suffice to say, using the Genki Dama as a measuring stick doesn't work here, otherwise the algorithm would look like this:

A grossly depleted SSB Goku /w/ KKx2 ~ LSSJ Kefla ~ ToP Genki Dama > a nearly full-power SSB Goku /w/ KKx20.

...And I shouldn't have to explain why that makes no sense whatsoever.

So from THAT standpoint, it is entirely logical to assume that Piccolo was referring to LSSJ2 Kefla having surpassed SSB Goku /w/ KK -- that was technically/literally Goku's "earlier level", after all. /shrug

Last edited by Galan007 on Jan 7th, 2018 at 02:19 AM

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 02:12 AM
Dark-Kenshin
Blocked

If you go back and rewatch ep. 115, you will find that SSB Goku /w/ a standard KK(x2) was ~/> LSSJ Kefla(in fact, a single blow from Goku was capable of "really hurting" her)... And it was reiterated numerous times that Goku's stamina was almost entirely depleted during that fight, which means he wasn't operating anywhere near his peak. Despite this, he was still no less than equal to her.

*And there was absolutely NO reason to believe Kefla was holding back against Goku, btw -- quite the contrary, actually.

Suffice to say, using the Genki Dama as a measuring stick doesn't work here, otherwise the algorithm would look like this:

A grossly depleted SSB Goku /w/ KKx2 ~ LSSJ Kefla ~ ToP Genki Dama > a nearly full-power SSB Goku /w/ KKx20.

...And I shouldn't have to explain why that makes no sense whatsoever.

So from THAT standpoint, it is entirely logical to assume that Piccolo was referring to LSSJ2 Kefla having surpassed SSB Goku /w/ KK -- that was technically/literally Goku's "earlier level", after all. /shrug
Well said! thumb up

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 05:08 AM
Dark-Kenshin is currently offline Click here to Send Dark-Kenshin a Private Message Find more posts by Dark-Kenshin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Hit can win if he goes for the killing blow right from the start and doesnt mess around otherwise he gets raped.

Bankai.

Old Post Jan 7th, 2018 09:32 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

One other thing about the Genki Dama I kinda forgot earlier and realized now, it didn’t affect Jiren because he has no evil in his heart. He’s noble and pure, and kind of a pacifist/softy when he can help it (with all the people he could’ve ringed out but didn’t). Regardless of his power, it probably would have affected him if he was evil.

But yeah, another reason why the Genki Dama’s not reliable as a measuring stick when it comes to power alone.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 08:03 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Doesn't make sense. Frieza is evil and the only thing it did was knock the wind out of him. Grand Priest put a shield around him and Zeno because of this attack. Jiren withstanding it is a beastly of a showing. Sorry!!!

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:15 PM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It didn't kill Frieza because there wasn't enough life left on Namek for the Genki Dama to absorb energy from, whereas it killed Kid Buu when there was enough energy... Context my friend, context.

My point was Jiren isn't evil, thus the spirit bomb wouldn't have effect on him no matter what he did.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 10:35 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Good point, actually. thumb up

I just can't help but think that Toei might have overlooked that fact. Otherwise why even have Goku use the Genki Dama at all..?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 07:14 PM
Inedian

Good point, actually. thumb up

I just can't help but think that Toei might have overlooked that fact. Otherwise why even have Goku use the Genki Dama at all..?

Exactly. I am sure he overlooked that and Genki Dama in that episode was meant as a brute force, a brute force that Jiren overcame because he had even greater power so that we can get a clue of how powerful he is.

Last edited by Inedian on Jan 10th, 2018 at 08:30 PM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2018 08:26 PM
Inedian is currently offline Click here to Send Inedian a Private Message Find more posts by Inedian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote