KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Should convicted felons be allowed to hold public office?

Should convicted felons be allowed to hold public office?
Started by: cdtm

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): « 1 [2]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by dadudemon
Well that's too f****in' bad, now isn't it? Almost ALL politicians at the national level, I don't want in office. big grin

Take the good with the bad with democracy.

Lol nah, you don't take the good with the bad. What you do is question the mental state of others while screaming at the sky in a rage or wearing pussy hats. That's how real people do it bro.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 01:17 AM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Afro Cheese

Interesting that both are drug related crimes.
Well, in my brother's case the fact that it was booze is actually not what made it a felony. My coworker got a misdemeanor larceny for stealing nearly 100$ worth from the local ABC store. It's considered a felony in my brother's case because it's classed as "larceny from employer" or something like that. We got him a lawyer though.... the felony will almost certainly be reduced to a misdemeanor, barring some unforeseen bad luck.

As for crack though yea they don't play any games with that shit. She probably would've gotten a misdemeanor if it was a similar amount of cocaine. Although I think buying from the undercover made it a worse charge too... but it was like 60$ worth of crack or some shit; clearly just meant for personal use.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 09:47 PM
Afro Cheese is currently offline Click here to Send Afro Cheese a Private Message Find more posts by Afro Cheese Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
Well, in my brother's case the fact that it was booze is actually not what made it a felony. My coworker got a misdemeanor larceny for stealing nearly 100$ worth from the local ABC store. It's considered a felony in my brother's case because it's classed as "larceny from employer" or something like that. We got him a lawyer though.... the felony will almost certainly be reduced to a misdemeanor, barring some unforeseen bad luck.

That's good. I hope it gets reduced to a misdemeanor.

Originally posted by Afro Cheese
As for crack though yea they don't play any games with that shit. She probably would've gotten a misdemeanor if it was a similar amount of cocaine. Although I think buying from the undercover made it a worse charge too... but it was like 60$ worth of crack or some shit; clearly just meant for personal use.

This is part of why I want to decriminalize all drugs and treat drug problems as health issues with fines for serious drug sales. I really do not like the concept of punishing someone who has a medical issue and probably mental issues.

Old Post Jan 8th, 2018 10:06 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

This is part of why I want to decriminalize all drugs and treat drug problems as health issues with fines for serious drug sales. I really do not like the concept of punishing someone who has a medical issue and probably mental issues.

Agreed, it does a disservice to our society and just clogs our jail system.

Old Post Jan 9th, 2018 02:46 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote