KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Your Mom (Mum in English) is ill and needs an Operation, Do you?

Your Mom (Mum in English) is ill and needs an Operation, Do you?
Started by: Steve Zodiac

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Account Restricted

Your Mom (Mum in English) is ill and needs an Operation, Do you?

Let a newly qualified Doctor (top of his class) who has read all the literature perform the operation?

or

Do you choose an experienced successful surgeon with 30 years performing said life-saving brain tumour removal?

Youth or Experience?


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:08 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: B.F.K

Ha ha! You almost got me. This is a Trick Question. If its your "Mum" then this is in the U.K. and thus you don't get to decide if you "mum" gets this operation. It is up to the Leftist Fascist Death Panels to decide if she gets it or not.....which it will be NOT....unless your "mum" is rich and or famous.

HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

Yer MUM is FURKED!!!!!!!!


__________________
Banned 30 days for the Crime of "ETC"... and when I "ETC" I do it HARD!!!
Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:29 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MythLord
Diamond

Gender: Unspecified
Location: Homeworld

I mean, this is a no-brainer. We'll assume the surgeon is also obviously someone qualified to be a doctor, plus he has 30+ years experience on top of the other guy.

I'd go with the experienced man who saved lives for 30 years over someone with the potential to do so.


__________________

"Hello, Starlight."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:32 AM
MythLord is currently offline Click here to Send MythLord a Private Message Find more posts by MythLord Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Ha ha! You almost got me. This is a Trick Question. If its your "Mum" then this is in the U.K. and thus you don't get to decide if you "mum" gets this operation. It is up to the Leftist Fascist Death Panels to decide if she gets it or not.....which it will be NOT....unless your "mum" is rich and or famous.

HA HA!!!!!!!!!!

Yer MUM is FURKED!!!!!!!!
My mum is already dead, good try Fly. Now back to topic.


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:32 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MythLord
I mean, this is a no-brainer. We'll assume the surgeon is also obviously someone qualified to be a doctor, plus he has 30+ years experience on top of the other guy.

I'd go with the experienced man who saved lives for 30 years over someone with the potential to do so.
Exactly, experience is key every time in every job. To choose anyone without experience is foolish. They may be capable of performing a keystone role as well (they may be but haven't proven themselves).


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 10:35 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United Kingdom

i would choose DarthSkywalker0, who has read many medical books


__________________

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 11:45 AM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Beniboybling
i would choose DarthSkywalker0, who has read many medical books


This is the correct answer, as medical books are greater than experience.

go, Dougie Howser, MD!

I would not choose Ellimist as his reading comprehension is shit and it wouldn't matter how many books that kid has read.


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Last edited by Steve Zodiac on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 11:56 AM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 11:54 AM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beniboybling
Worst Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United Kingdom

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
I would not choose Ellimist as his reading comprehension is shit and it wouldn't matter how many books that kid has read.
thumb up


__________________

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:32 PM
Beniboybling is currently offline Click here to Send Beniboybling a Private Message Find more posts by Beniboybling Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones
Senior Member

Gender: Male
Location: -

Performing a delicate procedure that requires the utmost precision would obviously be better done by somebody with many more years to practice that. The younger surgeon could carry out the surgery correctly, but it's 'better safe than sorry' with these things. And if the older surgeon has carried out many successful procedures before, then that demonstrates that he can apply the experience that he has gathered over the years. He's not a quack boasting with vague claims of 'experience' without having anything to back that up, but a true veteran in his area of expertise. And the type of steady-hands cognition involved here means genuine experience is going to reduce complications. Not that this same reasoning can be translated perfectly to other fields. Otherwise, we wouldn't have swathes of 'experienced' 70 year olds arguing man-made climate change as a hoax, or older chess players seeing their ratings stagnate despite consistent practice with age.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:41 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lazybones
Performing a delicate procedure that requires the utmost precision would obviously be better done by somebody with many more years to practice that. The younger surgeon could carry out the surgery correctly, but it's 'better safe than sorry' with these things. And if the older surgeon has carried out many successful procedures before, then that demonstrates that he can apply the experience that he has gathered over the years. He's not a quack boasting with vague claims of 'experience' without having anything to back that up, but a true veteran in his area of expertise. And the type of steady-hands cognition involved here means genuine experience is going to reduce complications. Not that this same reasoning can be translated perfectly to other fields. Otherwise, we wouldn't have swathes of 'experienced' 70 year olds arguing man-made climate change as a hoax, or older chess players seeing their ratings stagnate despite consistent practice with age.
The thing about flowery posts is mistakes are easy to spot, do you mean 70-year-olds?


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 12:46 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robgod
Restricted

Gender:
Location:

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac

I would not choose Ellimist as his reading comprehension is shit and it wouldn't matter how many books that kid has read.
laughing

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:13 PM
robgod is currently offline Click here to Send robgod a Private Message Find more posts by robgod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Poland

Account Restricted

did you get replaced by a fresh graduate in ur job lol


__________________


They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:15 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

The OP is obviously rigged to compare a massive experience difference (zero vs. 30) to a far smaller aptitude one to validate Steve's obsession with his age, but trolling aside general intelligence is the best measurable predictor of job performance in almost every field when you're careful to correct for range restrictions, etc. Not enough to say the new graduate here would be better, but something that probably bothers Steve anyway. smile


__________________

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:15 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
Senior Member

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

quote: (post)
Originally posted by JKBart
did you get replaced by a fresh graduate in ur job lol


laughing out loud


__________________

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:19 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Steve Zodiac
Restricted

Gender: Unspecified
Location:

Account Restricted

Angry boys. Funny stuff.


__________________
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t402312.html

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:21 PM
Steve Zodiac is currently offline Click here to Send Steve Zodiac a Private Message Find more posts by Steve Zodiac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
robgod
Restricted

Gender:
Location:

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The OP is obviously rigged to compare a massive experience difference (zero vs. 30) to a far smaller aptitude one to validate Steve's obsession with his age, but trolling aside general intelligence is the best measurable predictor[/url] of job performance in almost every field when you're careful to correct for range restrictions, etc. Not enough to say the new graduate here would be better, but something that probably bothers Steve anyway. smile
#triggered

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 01:23 PM
robgod is currently offline Click here to Send robgod a Private Message Find more posts by robgod Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ArtificialGlory
God-Emperor of Eternity

Gender: Male
Location: Sanctum of Innocence

Re: Your Mom (Mum in English) is ill and needs an Operation, Do you?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Steve Zodiac
Let a newly qualified Doctor (top of his class) who has read all the literature perform the operation?

or

Do you choose an experienced successful surgeon with 30 years performing said life-saving brain tumour removal?

Youth or Experience?

I think a better conundrum would be as follows:

1. Let a newly qualified Doctor (top of his class) who has read all the literature perform the operation.

2. Let an experienced surgeon with 30 years performing life-saving braid tumour removal, but he's known for having recently botched several operations and has visibly shaky hands due to old age.


__________________
And from the ashes he rose, like a black cloud. The Sin of one became the Sin of many.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:07 PM
ArtificialGlory is currently offline Click here to Send ArtificialGlory a Private Message Find more posts by ArtificialGlory Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Firefly218
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Austin

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by The Ellimist
The OP is obviously rigged to compare a massive experience difference (zero vs. 30) to a far smaller aptitude one
thumb up Nailed it

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:21 PM
Firefly218 is currently offline Click here to Send Firefly218 a Private Message Find more posts by Firefly218 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
JKBart
Restricted

Gender: Male
Location: Poland

Account Restricted

Also, let's not forget to mention all doctors are basically required to be highly intelligent people with great memory, great logic skills, insane amount of knowledge and education. By definition, both doctors have undergone extremely difficult education and while their scores and encyclopedic knowledge may differ, they're still obviously within the same league lol.

These two guys are gonna be essentially the same league in education, knowledge access, intelligence and mental capabilities. The first may be top tier, the second bottom tier, but they're by definition the people of similarly high requirements for intelligence, mental durability and skill, but with a giant experience gap. It's not like the second is self-learned hobbyist from Kenya lmao.


__________________


They are angry because they have been forced to recognize that their hour has arrived; that the time has come to surrender power to Shimrra and the new order."

Last edited by JKBart on Jan 23rd, 2018 at 03:41 PM

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:37 PM
JKBart is currently offline Click here to Send JKBart a Private Message Find more posts by JKBart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
@#$%

Gender: Unspecified
Location: United States

This post misses the point of the other thread.

It's less, can a young guy debate well, and more do I really want to be told what my Vietnam experience was like by a kid that never served?

Should a man tell a woman he knows where she's coming from, because he studied about it? Can a white man ever know what it's like to be a black man?

Experiences matter.


__________________

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2018 03:40 PM
cdtm is online now! Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
All times are UTC. The time now is 07:58 PM.
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread

Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Your Mom (Mum in English) is ill and needs an Operation, Do you?

Email this Page
Subscribe to this Thread
   Post New Thread  Post A Reply

Forum Jump:
Search by user:
 

Forum Rules:
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
HTML code is OFF
vB code is ON
Smilies are ON
[IMG] code is ON

Text-only version
 

< - KillerMovies.com - Forum Archive - Forum Rules >


© Copyright 2000-2006, KillerMovies.com. All Rights Reserved.
Powered by: vBulletin, copyright ©2000-2006, Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.