KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Revan vs. Kyp Durron

Revan vs. Kyp Durron
Started by: Stigma

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Haschwalth

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
Who doesn't? What are you talking about? Why is Brakiss being a "no name" relevant?

Aside from holding up a star destroyer...

Kyp Is not below brakiss, he potentially was Lukes greatest student, his power is above Brakiss's, unless Brakiss has shown a plageuis or Vitiate/nihilus type drain on top of said potential.

Holding up a star destroyer is not impressive among top tiers.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:43 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Anyway she literally sacrificed herself, an average force user can destroy a country with said power concentrated with their force essence, ****ing yaerel poof stop at petaton explosion with his mind, sacrificing himself. it's leagues beyond that.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:45 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Haschwalth
Kyp Is not below brakiss]

Then why did you bring him up...

quote:
Anyway she literally sacrificed herself

Her sacrifice was a result of ship falling on her, not a result of the energy she exerted to hold the ship up. What is it with you and moot points?
quote:
****ing yaerel poof stop at petaton explosion with his mind

Citation needed. Not sure how you're figuring Yareal Poof to be an "average force user" if he can supposedly do something that the vast majority of force users can't hope to do.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 10:55 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Then why did you bring him up...

Her sacrifice was a result of ship falling on her, not a result of the energy she exerted to hold the ship up. What is it with you and moot points?

Citation needed. Not sure how you're figuring Yareal Poof to be an "average force user" if he can supposedly do something that the vast majority of force users can't hope to do.

Because Brakiss's feat is superior to Kyps.

Mhmmm. she essentially couldn't move out of the way. Any master on the council could. Pretty sure there was a quote stating all the master on the council were the strongest.

He isn't an average force user, i'm referring to those who essences were drained by rakata machines, and used as Country destroying explosions, hell even if you add all the energy given by the sith lords on Nathema during the ritual they come out as island level each.

he essentially stops this chain explosion of this.
http://i.imgur.com/QAGl0Zk.jpg
Which would of destroyed courscant, but has the potential to raze the surface of a planet, by itself.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:02 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Because Brakiss's feat is superior to Kyps.
Well, if Kyp scales over Brakiss, then he scales over Brakiss. This still has nothing to do with Revan.
quote:

Mhmmm. she essentially couldn't move out of the way. Any master on the council could.

Citation needed.
quote:

Pretty sure there was a quote stating all the master on the council were the strongest.
That quote doesn't exist.

quote:

he essentially stops this chain explosion of this.
http://i.imgur.com/QAGl0Zk.jpg
Which would of destroyed courscant, but has the potential to raze the surface of a planet, by itself. [/B]

Yeah, it destroying Coruscant is irrelevant. The only thing that maters here is how it would destroy Coruscant and how much power it would take to start this chain of events.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:29 AM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Well, if Kyp scales over Brakiss, then he scales over Brakiss. This still has nothing to do with Revan.

Citation needed.
That quote doesn't exist.

Yeah, it destroying Coruscant is irrelevant. The only thing that maters here is how it would destroy Coruscant and how much power it would take to start this chain of events.

It does because, Invalidates Kyp's superior feat, considering Revan>Muur who is rivaled to Darth Krayt who in return is >Brakiss.

Cbf finding the sitation for it, pretty sure it's in that meme jedi master killed by Jango fett vs thread, i'm drunk atm so cbf finding it. either on kmc or CV.

It's called a planet killer in multiple sources, meaning it would decimate the surface of the planet at the very least. meaning it's multi continental.
'

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:36 AM
LordOfTheLight

Kyp canonically scales over Brakiss.

And I don't get the ambiguity in the Coruscant Destroyer artifact quote. It clearly says that the artifact contains "large/great amounts of force energies" and when these energies are released, they have the power to destroy Coruscant. This takes nothing away from Yarael Poof's feat.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:54 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by LordOfTheLight

And I don't get the ambiguity in the Coruscant Destroyer artifact quote. It clearly says that the artifact contains "large/great amounts of force energies" and when these energies are released, they have the power to destroy Coruscant. This takes nothing away from Yarael Poof's feat.

Agreed.

So, you believe Poof gave his life stopping a multi continental level attack.?

Old Post Feb 6th, 2018 11:59 AM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by AncientPower
I like how an entirely non-combat feat that required intense meditation and context is being used to claim Kyp wins. I wonder why. laughing out loud

WTF you use non-combat feat with those circumstances all the time lmfao, every time you pop up in a thread you mention Ziost or the Corsair or something.

Kyp very clearly has far, far more raw power than Revan, by both his feats and his accolades. He's also a highly skilled warrior who seems to hold back a lot, even moreso than Luke does, perhaps because of the whole brush with the dark side. So if Kyp lets loose he should be able to ragdoll Revan.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 04:19 AM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

The actual comic has Boba mention that the device needs to be moved somewhere to destroy the planet, so no, the device acting on it's own cannot destroy a planet. "Large/Great amounts of force energies" tells me nothing abouthow large or great. That's its a planet killer doesn't change that the amount of Power poof contained wasn't on a planetary scale.

Not that this tangent has anything to do with Kyp.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 07:48 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

It does because, Invalidates Kyp's superior feat

How does being superior invalidate a superior feat?

Enough gymnastics, just admit this reverse scaling you're attempting won't get you anywhere.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 07:50 AM
Haschwalth

How does being superior invalidate a superior feat?

Enough gymnastics, just admit this reverse scaling you're attempting won't get you anywhere.

I doesn't I was drunk when I wrote that,
Brakiss's feat, means that Feats from the likes of Kyp, becomes suddenly less impressive, and you would scale a character from brakiss's feat not Kyps.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:20 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

I doesn't I was drunk when I wrote that,
Brakiss's feat, means that Feats from the likes of Kyp, becomes suddenly less impressive, and you would scale a character from brakiss's feat not Kyps.

So Kyp scales off a feat that's more impressive than one already more impressive than anything Revan has pulled?

How does this help Revan here?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:39 AM
Haschwalth

So Kyp scales off a feat that's more impressive than one already more impressive than anything Revan has pulled?

How does this help Revan here?

We have already been through this,Revan>>>>>>>Muur =Darth krayt>Brakiss

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:45 AM
LordOfTheLight

The actual comic has Boba mention that the device needs to be moved somewhere to destroy the planet, so no, the device acting on it's own cannot destroy a planet. "Large/Great amounts of force energies" tells me nothing abouthow large or great. That's its a planet killer doesn't change that the amount of Power poof contained wasn't on a planetary scale.

Not that this tangent has anything to do with Kyp.

Mind giving me the context or quote?

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:49 AM
Click here to Send LordOfTheLight a Private Message Find more posts by LordOfTheLight Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Mind giving me the context or quote?

Pretty sure he is referring to the fact for it to destroy the planet via chain reaction, not the surface of the planet which it can do by it's lonesome.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:52 AM
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

We have already been through this,Revan>>>>>>>Muur =Darth krayt>Brakiss

Where is it stated that Krayt>Brakiss? Brakiss having demonstrated much more power than Revan has would imply the opposite.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 08:57 AM
Haschwalth

Where is it stated that Krayt>Brakiss? Brakiss having demonstrated much more power than Revan has would imply the opposite.

Context mate, his standing/portrayal within the SW universe is not that of Krayt, or Exar, Vader, etc. It's like saying, Rivi has better Telekinesis feats than Mace, must mean she is stronger than him, power scaling is a thing you know.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 09:01 AM
LordOfTheLight

Pretty sure he is referring to the fact for it to destroy the planet via chain reaction, not the surface of the planet which it can do by it's lonesome.

Not really. The guy using the artifact clearly says that the release of energy will be unlike anything the galaxy has seen before, which obviously means that it can shatter the planet on its own power, and he even says this outright. Not to mention, even Zam says that the artifact will produce enough "power" to shatter a planet, not that it will "circumstantially" destroy it.

And nowhere have I seen any evidence that it was a chain reaction.

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 09:07 AM
Haschwalth

Not really. The guy using the artifact clearly says that the release of energy will be unlike anything the galaxy has seen before, which obviously means that it can shatter the planet on its own power, and he even says this outright. Not to mention, even Zam says that the artifact will produce enough "power" to shatter a planet, not that it will "circumstantially" destroy it.

And nowhere have I seen any evidence that it was a chain reaction.

http://i.imgur.com/BCB1j4k.png
http://i.imgur.com/4j920VH.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/x3HY88f.png

Old Post Feb 7th, 2018 09:11 AM