KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Jordan Peterson vs. Cathy Newman

Jordan Peterson vs. Cathy Newman
Started by: The Ellimist

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (15): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
i voiced a valid criticism concerning his absolute claim of authority on the matter, which he clearly suggested. i am not allowed to say that without then being obligated to dissect his entire dissertation?

oh well, i guess i'll just have to face the consequences. what are they? :O

You didn't really voice a valid criticism. You repeated leftist cuck talking points.

Can you name anything this man has said you disagree with?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 04:31 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lazybones

Peterson handled this interview well, but I still find his equivocation of Mao with trans-activists to be ridiculous.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
Speaking of the wage gap myth, a bunch of feminists are suing this company tescos... because warehouse workers who are mostly men make more money than attendants in stores or something who are mostly women...

They're literally pissed that people get paid differently for two different jobs and are trying to sue over it lol
I heard about that too. Stupid. Being a warehouse worker is obviously tougher than being an attendant, and I'd imagine that male attendants are also paid less than warehouse workers for that very reason. Unless the women can link the disparity in wages directly to gender, I don't see their case going very far.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 04:40 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Peterson isn't perfect this is true. Just nowhere near as delusional as his opponents.

And I honestly forget the context of the Mao thing, what was it he said?

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 04:41 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

Originally posted by Surtur
Peterson isn't perfect this is true.

laughing out loud you're going to be alone forever, sucking his nipple.

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 04:42 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud you're going to be alone forever, sucking his nipple.

Like I said: I love seeing Peterson trigger people like you smile

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 04:44 PM
Emperordmb
LSDMB

Peterson isn't perfect this is true. Just nowhere near as delusional as his opponents.

And I honestly forget the context of the Mao thing, what was it he said?

He said “I'm saying that the philosophy that is guiding their utterances is the same philosophy that already has driven us to the deaths of millions”

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 04:44 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Emperordmb
He said “I'm saying that the philosophy that is guiding their utterances is the same philosophy that already has driven us to the deaths of millions”

Lol and I don't see how that is wrong at all to say. Seems like he is saying the shit we're seeing now is how it starts and it can lead us down an even darker path potentially.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 04:48 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

i am under no obligation to counter anyone. i made an observation on page 1 that the clown was declaring himself an infallible authority based on a phd, who's every marginal hypothesis must be accepted. since when is it my responsibility to pay audience to everyone who got ass-blasted by my comment? also, think what you want of me bruh. i'm not here to impress you. *shrug*

...what? How does Peterson fiat anything on the basis of his academic credentials? He gives one snarky comeback to Cathy asking him why he has a “right” to say something but for the rest of the debate doesn’t try to fiat from authority anywhere...?

I do like how you will go after low hanging fruit like mocking Trump’s ****ups while accusing Surtur of making shitposts but always come in threads that are tougher for your position to say you aren’t interested in responding to things though.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 04:49 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Originally posted by lazybones
Peterson handled this interview well, but I still find his equivocation of Mao with trans-activists to be ridiculous.

He specifically said he refers to the ideology that they share in common.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 04:55 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 05:02 PM
lazybones

Lol and I don't see how that is wrong at all to say. Seems like he is saying the shit we're seeing now is how it starts and it can lead us down an even darker path potentially.
Because a trans-activist asking to be referred to by certain pronouns (and thus choose how they are defined), in no way puts them in the same ideological quadrant as Mao. It's an absurd exaggeration. And simply using different pronouns for a tiny slice of the population won't set us on the path of a Marxist police state seizing the means of production and agriculture.

Originally posted by Stigma
He specifically said he refers to the ideology that they share in common.
Except that they don't share an ideology in common. The primary goal of trans-activists is to obtain equal rights and opportunities for trans-people and encourage the adoption of gender-neutral pronouns. Neither of those goals are inherently Marxist in nature. And although some trans-activists may be Marxists, that isn't justification for tarring all/most trans-activists with that label and lumping them in with Mao.

Last edited by lazybones on Feb 8th, 2018 at 05:16 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 05:11 PM
lazybones is currently offline Click here to Send lazybones a Private Message Find more posts by lazybones Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Stigma
Herald of the Judgement

Except that they don't share an ideology in common. The primary goal of trans-activists is to obtain equal rights and opportunities for trans-people and encourage the adoption of gender-neutral pronouns. Neither of those goals are inherently Marxist in nature. And although some trans-activists may be Marxists, that isn't justification for tarring all/most trans-activists with that label and lumping them in with Mao.

I am aware of what you're saying, but it does not negate his point (at least not entirely).

One may venture what percentage of those activists are adherents of Marxism (I'd guesstimate that a vast majority, if not virtually all of them, but it's just my hunch.)

TLDR: They share Marxism, a totalitarian ideology.

Last edited by Stigma on Feb 8th, 2018 at 05:26 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 05:22 PM
Stigma is currently offline Click here to Send Stigma a Private Message Find more posts by Stigma Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

Not "encourage," and not "obtain equal rights," in the case Peterson is referring to, they want the government to enforce the law that when speaking to a trans person, you state their pronoun of choice, or face legal and violent repercussions.

Suggesting that someone face criminal charges for not saying the specific words another person dictates to them is pure insanity, as I'm sure you can agree. It's against free speech and is tantamount to thought-policing.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 05:23 PM
ILS is currently offline Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

Because a trans-activist asking to be referred to by certain pronouns (and thus choose how they are defined), in no way puts them in the same ideological quadrant as Mao. It's an absurd exaggeration. And simply using different pronouns for a tiny slice of the population won't set us on the path of a Marxist police state seizing the means of production and agriculture.

Originally posted by Stigma
I am aware of what you're saying, but it does not negate his point (at least not entirely).

One may venture what percentage of those activists are adherents of Marxism (I'd guesstimate that a vast majority, if not virtually all of them, but it's just my hunch.)

TLDR: They share Marxism, a totalitarian ideology.

I was agreeing with lazybones but I see your point, Stigma.

Dictating how others should speak is usually a bad idea. It should not be done from a governmental standpoint.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 06:18 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by dadudemon
I was agreeing with lazybones but I see your point, Stigma.

Dictating how others should speak is usually a bad idea. It should not be done from a governmental standpoint.

And also it's very true that it can also lead to a slippery slope that eventually leads to some truly horrible shit going down.

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 07:25 PM
Flyattractor

Its fun when Cartoons DEBUNK almost everything Real People say about this guy....Jordan Peterson that is....

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 08:08 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Looks like some snowflakes got their Fee Fee's hurt... Lets see how long it lasts this time...

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 08:44 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Flyattractor
Looks like some snowflakes got their Fee Fee's hurt... Lets see how long it lasts this time...

Hilarious, I love seeing people get triggered by him. Kinda like this article from The Guardian:

How dangerous is Jordan B Peterson, the rightwing professor who 'hit a hornets' nest'?

How dangerous is he? The answer is: he's not dangerous at all.

The most hilarious part is them labeling him right wing.

Last edited by Surtur on Feb 8th, 2018 at 10:01 PM

Old Post Feb 8th, 2018 09:58 PM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

He's not dangerous at all. He doesn't advocate for violence or harassment, and has publicly spoken out against it. He is quite vehement about his stances, such as his belief that equality of opportunity is a far better way to go than equality of outcome, and what he says about freedom of speech and how the government shouldn't be allowed to tell people what they can and can't say.

He made a show of Newman, though. It was crazy to the point where she actually started to agree with him and see his point.

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:27 PM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I don't think a minority of his supporters sending her threats really helped though.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2018 10:35 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote