KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » TP Resistance. Who has it, who's strongest?

TP Resistance. Who has it, who's strongest?
Started by: riv6672

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Superman.

Unironically. He has better telepathy resistance showings than high-end telepaths.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 09:59 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RealityWarper
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sentry. Even the strongest telepaths cannot enter inside his mind without his acknowldgement.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 10:26 PM
RealityWarper is currently offline Click here to Send RealityWarper a Private Message Find more posts by RealityWarper Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Philosophía
Superman.

Unironically. He has better telepathy resistance showings than high-end telepaths.
In their defense tp users fight kind of weird.

TP resist acts like their offensive power when they fight one another. If you can beat another, you overpowered them. For non tp users, it's treated as durability. If your tp resistance is good, you're basically invulnerable from it. And it's basically like the tp user ramming into a wall at high speed and knocking themselves out.

Imagine if you had a JBL tier telepath fighting say Martian Manhunter for example in a mental battle. But the JBL character also had Juggernaut's helmet level of tp defense. You'd have JBL penis pecking at MM like he does on the forum, while MM can't do shit. He'd probably end up winning too. You can't have that in comics, it makes him seem like a better telepath. So they just go like they do.

I don't even know if I'm making sense anymore.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 10:27 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

That JBL example makes a lot of sense

I agree, Superman TP Resistance is pretty insane. Recently, he was able to what seems like it go completely unfazed by Hammond while Hal Jordan required help to really snap out of it

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 10:31 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by One Big Mob
In their defense tp users fight kind of weird.

TP resist acts like their offensive power when they fight one another. If you can beat another, you overpowered them. For non tp users, it's treated as durability. If your tp resistance is good, you're basically invulnerable from it. And it's basically like the tp user ramming into a wall at high speed and knocking themselves out.

Imagine if you had a JBL tier telepath fighting say Martian Manhunter for example in a mental battle. But the JBL character also had Juggernaut's helmet level of tp defense. You'd have JBL penis pecking at MM like he does on the forum, while MM can't do shit. He'd probably end up winning too. You can't have that in comics, it makes him seem like a better telepath. So they just go like they do.

I don't even know if I'm making sense anymore.
Yeah, case in point - Despero.

Telepathically, he beat both Martian Manhunter and Aquaman simultaneously.

When he tried to do the same to Superman, he was resisting, and grappling.

It's kind of like, telepaths when they fight, they arm-wrestle.

But when they fight non-telepaths, the other guy holds their hand for a while and shoots them with a gun from under the table.

If I'm not making any sense either, it's because I'm hypnotized from your Darth Maul sig.

Thanks for the endorsement.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 10:44 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Philosophía
Yeah, case in point - Despero.

Telepathically, he beat both Martian Manhunter and Aquaman simultaneously.

When he tried to do the same to Superman, he was resisting, and grappling.

It's kind of like, telepaths when they fight, they arm-wrestle.

But when they fight non-telepaths, the other guy holds their hand for a while and shoots them with a gun from under the table.

If I'm not making any sense either, it's because I'm hypnotized from your Darth Maul sig.

Thanks for the endorsement.
It'd be funny to see Superman with some really low level telepathy going around stomping all of the DC telepaths. Though I'm sure if that happened, they'd treat his defense unlike it is now. A really quanundrum.

Me and Quan are here for you. We want you to win with our guy. thumb up

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 10:48 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

Originally posted by deathslash
G.I Joe Infestation 2 issue #2. Snake Eyes and Stormshadow both resisted being mind controlled/mutated by the Old Ones. According to the solicitations from IDW, these are confirmed to be the very same Old Ones from the H.P. Lovecraft mythos. These very same Old Ones are so powerful that they created humanity without even knowing it, humans literally die/become crazy just from looking at them, they're immortal, etc.

https://m.imgur.com/a/F1iyw

I accidentally uploaded that backwards, so read the last panel first and go up from there. embarrasment

Btw, even the Old Ones were impressed with Snake Eyes and even expressed how much they wish he was on their side.

Okay, thats a doozy! eek!

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:14 PM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

In DC it's probably Wonder Woman, in Marvel it's probably Sage(assuming she's got her reflective mental block up).

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2018 11:27 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

G.I Joe Infestation 2 issue #2. Snake Eyes and Stormshadow both resisted being mind controlled/mutated by the Old Ones. According to the solicitations from IDW, these are confirmed to be the very same Old Ones from the H.P. Lovecraft mythos. These very same Old Ones are so powerful that they created humanity without even knowing it, humans literally die/become crazy just from looking at them, they're immortal, etc.

https://m.imgur.com/a/F1iyw

I accidentally uploaded that backwards, so read the last panel first and go up from there. embarrasment

Btw, even the Old Ones were impressed with Snake Eyes and even expressed how much they wish he was on their side.

confused

kinda cool i guess, but we have no basis of comparison regarding the power of these old ones. at best it's unquantifiable. and solicitations really don't make for the most compelling evidence. we've also seen both snake and storm shadow brainwashed (multiple times) in the past, soooo... /shrug

until we see these old ones manhandling high level telepaths, the best we can say is it's kind of a cool feat.

and yeah phil, i agree--it's superman. and it's not really even very close imo.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 12:59 AM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
deathslash
Pyromaniacal Humanitarian

Originally posted by leonidas
confused

kinda cool i guess, but we have no basis of comparison regarding the power of these old ones. at best it's unquantifiable. and solicitations really don't make for the most compelling evidence. we've also seen both snake and storm shadow brainwashed (multiple times) in the past, soooo... /shrug

until we see these old ones manhandling high level telepaths, the best we can say is it's kind of a cool feat.

and yeah phil, i agree--it's superman. and it's not really even very close imo.
erm the old ones were literally capable of creating life as a byproduct of them just living. They are capable of twisting and bending reality to their will without even using their power. Cthulhu alone guarantees that even death itself will be no more when he awakens from his slumber. He's also explicitly stated to be planetary level (at the least) in telepathy. They are also confirmed to be multiversal in nature. They don't have physical bodies; they're concepts.

With just a single small gateway opened, all of the Cobra soldiers that could hear the call of the Old Ones were mutated and became immortal. It was even confirmed in that very same comic that they were regenerating from wounds that should have killed them with ease. It was later revealed by crystal ball (Cobra member) that the doctor that was possessed by the Old Ones had only opened a small portal for their powers to leak through.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:18 AM
deathslash is currently offline Click here to Send deathslash a Private Message Find more posts by deathslash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by darthgoober
In DC it's probably Wonder Woman, in Marvel it's probably Sage(assuming she's got her reflective mental block up).

Superman has shown better TP defense than Diana many times. One instance against Max Lord who took years to control Superman doesn't changes that.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:28 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by abhilegend
Superman has shown better TP defense than Diana many times. One instance against Max Lord who took years to control Superman doesn't changes that.

I'm not saying that there aren't showings when he appears better, but "at her best" unless I'm mistaken Diana is supposed to be immune while "at his best" Supes is supposed to be really resistant. So both at their best, Diana should be better in this particular regard. Unless of course that I heard wrong about her supposed immunity in some showings which could obviously change things(I'm no Diana expert).

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:46 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

Originally posted by darthgoober
I'm not saying that there aren't showings when he appears better, but "at her best" unless I'm mistaken Diana is supposed to be immune while "at his best" Supes is supposed to be really resistant. So both at their best, Diana should be better in this particular regard. Unless of course that I heard wrong about her supposed immunity in some showings which could obviously change things(I'm no Diana expert).

Wonder Woman was never stated or shown to be immune from TP.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:53 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by abhilegend
Wonder Woman was never stated or shown to be immune from TP.

Hey it's very possible that that her immunity has been misrepresented over the years, I was speaking purely from the standpoint of it being true.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:55 AM
riv6672

^^^that doesnt fly when Supes is in the equation.

But yeah, Supes is surprisingly resilient.

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 05:28 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

erm the old ones were literally capable of creating life as a byproduct of them just living. They are capable of twisting and bending reality to their will without even using their power. Cthulhu alone guarantees that even death itself will be no more when he awakens from his slumber. He's also explicitly stated to be planetary level (at the least) in telepathy. They are also confirmed to be multiversal in nature. They don't have physical bodies; they're concepts.

With just a single small gateway opened, all of the Cobra soldiers that could hear the call of the Old Ones were mutated and became immortal. It was even confirmed in that very same comic that they were regenerating from wounds that should have killed them with ease. It was later revealed by crystal ball (Cobra member) that the doctor that was possessed by the Old Ones had only opened a small portal for their powers to leak through.

i'm not going to debate this with you because you don't have a leg to stand on. i mean it's not like se and ss were even the only ones able to resist the call:

https://imgur.com/a/cpOqv

so, does the interrogator also have the best resistance in comics? crystal ball? erm

storm shadow explained he is immune because he 'trained his mind'. every member of the x-men for example has gone through INTENSE mind training by beings who ACTUALLY have some of the best telepathic feats in comics. again, this showing is sort of cool, but trying to pass it off as "arguably the best resistance feat in comics" as you did is.... blink

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:52 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

That's pretty ignorant Leo, Deathslash is a double leg amputee from Iraq. Show some respect erm

They should call you BO because your arguments are full of filth and stink

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 04:57 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

sweet. ima challenge him to a potato sack race next. thumb up

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 05:02 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

You need Deo for your BO bud, because you're just radiating a bad stench

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 05:50 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

you make me sad. sad

Old Post Feb 24th, 2018 06:16 PM