KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Could American sweatshops be a good idea for orphans

Could American sweatshops be a good idea for orphans
Started by: darthgoober

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Flyattractor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Bashar Teg
exploiting children for labor, but with oversight. what could go wrong.

Isn't this what the Democrats want for all those DACA kids?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:56 AM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

No. erm

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 08:37 AM
Nephthys is currently offline Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If the sweatshops are allowed to pay the children only in peanut butter and jelly sandwiches...I'm all for it.

After 3 years they can earn the right to a pillow and move on up to blankets from there.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 01:16 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

yea this is a dumb idea. they need nurturing and education not slave labor.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 02:31 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Sin I AM

Can't they just bring tutors to the sweatshop and tutor the kids on their 12 minute lunch breaks?

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 02:56 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

It's not slave labor, they'd be getting paid, educated, and trained in a useful job skill that they volunteered for. I fully agree that the best possible thing for a foster child is to grow up in a nurturing house hold for for those who have that option I wouldn't even open the program to them. This wouldn't be for the kids who are easily placed in loving homes, it'd be for the 15 year olds that no one wants because of the attitude problems they've developed from being bounced around repeatedly and physically and/or sexually abused by someone in their foster families. Kids that are likely to end up as homeless runaways anyway.

I'm reasonably sure that the kids who spent years going through that kind of thing would agree with me that the option I'm talking about is better than forcing kids to stay in a system that allows for them to be repeatedly victimized.

Last edited by darthgoober on Mar 15th, 2018 at 03:30 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 03:26 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Nephthys
No. erm

Oh I forgot. You prefer Homosexual Sex Slave Shops.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 03:30 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
with 20% of our military budget we could probably just clone them all new parents.

Do you even know how underpaid a soldier is? Especially a brand new private?

A person working a 9-5 job makes more than an E-1. The only reason a private survives, is because the military gave them a place to live.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 03:41 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

Do you consider summer camps slave labors? After all, the kids are made to make stuff, wake up early, forced by their parents and staff to participate in craps they don’t want, like hiking, canoeing, art and crafts.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 03:43 PM
SquallX is currently offline Click here to Send SquallX a Private Message Find more posts by SquallX Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by SquallX
Do you consider summer camps slave labors? After all, the kids are made to make stuff, wake up early, forced by their parents and staff to participate in craps they don’t want, like hiking, canoeing, art and crafts.

Forget summer camps, look at Military schools...

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 03:56 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Summer Camps main reason isn't to Entertain the Kids. Its to give the Parents a F-ing Break.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 03:58 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Surtur
Can't they just bring tutors to the sweatshop and tutor the kids on their 12 minute lunch breaks?

i loled.

Originally posted by darthgoober
It's not slave labor, they'd be getting paid, educated, and trained in a useful job skill that they volunteered for. I fully agree that the best possible thing for a foster child is to grow up in a nurturing house hold for for those who have that option I wouldn't even open the program to them. This wouldn't be for the kids who are easily placed in loving homes, it'd be for the 15 year olds that no one wants because of the attitude problems they've developed from being bounced around repeatedly and physically and/or sexually abused by someone in their foster families. Kids that are likely to end up as homeless runaways anyway.

I'm reasonably sure that the kids who spent years going through that kind of thing would agree with me that the option I'm talking about is better than forcing kids to stay in a system that allows for them to be repeatedly victimized.

have you ever been in a group home, half-way house, etc? what you are basically describing is job corps which is already in place. Troubled ophans dont need a job they need a family. Use those resources to find a suitable home. Not some shit job.

Do you even know how underpaid a soldier is? Especially a brand new private?

A person working a 9-5 job makes more than an E-1. The only reason a private survives, is because the military gave them a place to live.

this is false

and this is dumb.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:11 PM
Sin I AM is currently offline Click here to Send Sin I AM a Private Message Find more posts by Sin I AM Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SquallX

this is false

and this is dumb.

Are you in the military? I am.

A brand new private, an E-1 makes around 450 or so every two weeks, and around 1000 a month after taxes. The only reason that soldier is not living under the poverty line, is because the government gave you a meal card, free laundry, housing and free electricity. They also covers healthcare and dental.

So it’s not false.

As for you’re second part, why is it dumb? Most kids wants nothing to with camps, when they are indeed being force to do things they don’t want too.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:45 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

LoL @ the retards in here who are pushing for sweatshops/child labor.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:54 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Robtard
LoL @ the retards in here who are pushing for sweatshops/child labor.

Much better to just Abort them all and just end the hassle before it starts. Huh robbie?

eek!

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 04:55 PM
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Are you in the military? I am.

A brand new private, an E-1 makes around 450 or so every two weeks, and around 1000 a month after taxes. The only reason that soldier is not living under the poverty line, is because the government gave you a meal card, free laundry, housing and free electricity. They also covers healthcare and dental.

So it’s not false.

As for you’re second part, why is it dumb? Most kids wants nothing to with camps, when they are indeed being force to do things they don’t want too.

i was i retired

a brand new e1 makes about 19000 a year. divide that by 2080 and he makes about 9.25 an hour. Minimum wage is 7.25 (in texas,sc where army/marine/airforce basic training is) and 8.25 in illinois (where navy boot camp is) so not your first statement was wrong. add in the fact that most new enlisted soldiers get promoted twice AUTOMATICALLY within that first year (unless they phuck up) they wont be sitting at 9.25 for long. add in free medical, free dental, life insurance and dependents they make wayyyyyy more.

second part youre comparing forced fun with forced labor

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:08 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

i was i retired

a brand new e1 makes about 19000 a year. divide that by 2080 and he makes about 9.25 an hour. Minimum wage is 7.25 (in texas,sc where army/marine/airforce basic training is) and 8.25 in illinois (where navy boot camp is) so not your first statement was wrong. add in the fact that most new enlisted soldiers get promoted twice AUTOMATICALLY within that first year (unless they phuck up) they wont be sitting at 9.25 for long. add in free medical, free dental, life insurance and dependents they make wayyyyyy more.

second part youre comparing forced fun with forced labor

Concise and accurate post thumb up

But your facts can't compete with feelings and playing victim. Sorry.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:25 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sin I AM
Madame Mort

Originally posted by Robtard
Concise and accurate post thumb up

But your facts can't compete with feelings and playing victim. Sorry.

i suppose. just have to shutdown false narratives. Enlisted dont get paid as much as officers but the do get paid well considering they are fresh out of high school with no college education. Everything from clothing to housing to food is free. Your paycheck is YOUR paycheck.

as far as the kids labor thing goes i wish people would place themselves in those circumstances rather than spewing stuff they don't know about.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:42 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

i suppose. just have to shutdown false narratives. Enlisted dont get paid as much as officers but the do get paid well considering they are fresh out of high school with no college education. Everything from clothing to housing to food is free. Your paycheck is YOUR paycheck.

as far as the kids labor thing goes i wish people would place themselves in those circumstances rather than spewing stuff they don't know about.

Oh, I know. I've never served and I knew all of that. Even if I just had free medical that would be a nice chunk of cash back in my pocket every month. Perks like free med, dental, housing, meals, marriage exceptions, child exceptions etc., all need to be factored in when comparing the wages of a soldier who gets that and a civilian who doesn't if we're being accurate/honest. Even if they both make $12.00 an hour, the grunt has less overhead chipping away at their earnings. As you said "Your paycheck is YOUR paycheck."

Last edited by Robtard on Mar 15th, 2018 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:48 PM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

If only we still needed newsies we'd have a place for these orphans.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2018 05:49 PM