KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Anime / Manga » Anime 'Versus' Forum » Cell VS Broly

Cell VS Broly
Started by: The Lost

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 2 [3] 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

Everyone was weakened except Goku, Broly and Cell. Hell Gohan was half powered and couldn't use an arm and he overpowered someone more than twice his power. I'm just saying Goku could help close that weakness, especially when all 3 are unleashing their limits. Gohan should still have the potential, a pissed of Goku protecting his family definitely gets a raise, and Goten is useless but gets something.

Which is why I'm saying that even if Gohan from half power got up to a 3 times boost which would put his power above Cell's by a lot, they should be able to match that even without factoring in limit breakers. Cell's own power also got blasted back into him as well which would help disintegrate him. All Gohan really has to be is a decent degree above Cell and all that power including Cell's own power should do the rest.

It becomes messier than it should assuming blast levels. Which is why it'd be more reasonable to look at the context of what happened between the beam struggles as opposed to assuming one is way above the other. I personally think the family one is above the father son, you think the opposite. Not getting anywhere.

If you assume the blasts to be of equal power, do Broly or Cell come off looking better in this case? That was my original point or where I was going.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 01:36 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

It's still hard for me to take Dabura as seriously anymore (in comparison to Cell) when future Trunks solo'd him in his timeline and he wasn't even shown as SSJ2 at that point yet, although I guess that Dabura could've been weaker in that time like 17 and 18 were for all we know. /shrug Still, it kinda strengthens the notion for me that if Gohan still had all his fighting senses at the time, he would've stomped Dabura, even whilst being weaker than his Cell Games era self.

With Cell and Broly, there's never really been a majority consensus, which is kinda why the topic has been around as long as it has. While Broly's power continuously grows, Cell could also zenkai his way to victory, so I guess it depends on who you think has the higher ceiling cap/limit.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 05:49 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Not to be an ass but htf does father/son kamehameha from a half dead 1 armed Gohan even compare to Ssj3 power?

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 05:49 AM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TheBadguy

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
It's okay. Carver has ignored the facts I listed above numerous times. May as well add you to the same list. thumb up

Suffice to say: Broly didn't destroy "most of a galaxy", but you don't care about facts so I'll save my breath. thumb up x2

laughing agree to disagree...i think we had this debate years ago lol i dont care enough anymore

I do still think Cell probably wins off smarts if nothing else

Last edited by TheBadguy on Mar 25th, 2018 at 06:10 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 06:05 AM
TheBadguy is currently offline Click here to Send TheBadguy a Private Message Find more posts by TheBadguy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
It's still hard for me to take Dabura as seriously anymore (in comparison to Cell) when future Trunks solo'd him in his timeline and he wasn't even shown as SSJ2 at that point yet, although I guess that Dabura could've been weaker in that time like 17 and 18 were for all we know. /shrug Still, it kinda strengthens the notion for me that if Gohan still had all his fighting senses at the time, he would've stomped Dabura, even whilst being weaker than his Cell Games era self.

With Cell and Broly, there's never really been a majority consensus, which is kinda why the topic has been around as long as it has. While Broly's power continuously grows, Cell could also zenkai his way to victory, so I guess it depends on who you think has the higher ceiling cap/limit.
Pretty sure Trunks only beat Dabura because he learned SS2. They just animated his hair like shit.

In the Manga he for sure beat him as SS2 after training on Supreme Kai's world with the Z Sword

Last edited by One Big Mob on Mar 25th, 2018 at 06:28 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 06:17 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Pretty sure Trunks only beat Dabura because he learned SS2. They just animated his hair like shit.

In the Manga he for sure beat him as SS2 after training on Supreme Kai's world with the Z Sword

After looking at it again, the SSJ2 aura and spark wasn't there like the other times Trunks assumed the form in DBS. However, I realized I had forgotten that Toei was inconsistent with the SSJ2 sparks, which was also the case with Gohan vs Dabura in the anime apparently (where it looked like Gohan was just SSJ1), or even in the Broly movie 10 where the sparks weren't there with adult Gohan either iirc, but the DBS manga version of the Trunks vs Dabura/Babidi flashback showed the sparks, like the manga version of Gohan vs Dabura (iirc), so yay for consistency there still as expected.

That's pretty much what Trunks did before facing Dabura in his timeline; trained with the Z-sword under Supreme Kai, but yeah, Z-sword Gohan would've beaten Dabura as well.

Last edited by Ridley_Prime on Mar 25th, 2018 at 08:04 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 07:59 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by One Big Mob
If you assume the blasts to be of equal power, do Broly or Cell come off looking better in this case? That was my original point or where I was going.
Assuming the blasts were equal? I'm honestly not sure.

Though I do feel confident that SPC could survive, regenerate, and possibly zenkai, even IF Broly managed to overpower his beam slightly. /shrug

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
so I guess it depends on who you think has the higher ceiling cap/limit.
Given what we've seen Goku, Vegeta, and Freeza do in DBS(all of whom are incorporated in Cell), is that really even a question anymore? confused

Originally posted by Estacado
Not to be an ass but htf does father/son kamehameha from a half dead 1 armed Gohan even compare to Ssj3 power?
Because it easily overpowered a version of Cell who was logically no less than equal to SSJ2 teen Gohan in general(likely even more powerful.) And if you go with the logic established in the Cell saga itself, that 2-3x differences in power allow you to easily overpower your opponent, then Gohan's beam could have very well been *approaching*(not equal to, mind you) SSJ3-levels. Again, though: it was a one-off that only happened in a moment of extreme duress/need... Much like UI, actually. /shrug

Anywho, Gohan literally coined the phrase "surpassing your limits". Not sure why you'd be surprised by him digging deep like that..?

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 25th, 2018 at 11:45 AM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 11:33 AM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Damborgson
Just given the savage beating he laid down on Gohan who was > perfect cell slightly, I cant see Cell having grown so much stronger than he'd beat Broly.

Goku beat him via an amp off a group of exhausted SSJ's.

We saw what exhaustion could do to JIREN. I doubt Goku was anywhere near limit breaker Gohan.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Last edited by cdtm on Mar 25th, 2018 at 12:52 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 12:48 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggerman

Man idk what this argument is about really. Broly wins and easily too. His power is maximum! That's canon. Galan is just trying to wank Cell but we all know a galaxy buster is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an alleged solar system buster. Hashtagfacts b!tch

But seriously Cell wins. Even if you assume they are even in power, or that Broly can slightly edge Cell in power, Cell is WAY smarter and has a variety of abilities at his disposal. Can you say solar flare + SBC or D Disc? Endgame. Not to mention the regen. I like Broly better but Cell is a mother f*cker

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 12:50 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Originally posted by juggerman
Man idk what this argument is about really. Broly wins and easily too. His power is maximum! That's canon. Galan is just trying to wank Cell but we all know a galaxy buster is >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> an alleged solar system buster. Hashtagfacts b!tch

But seriously Cell wins. Even if you assume they are even in power, or that Broly can slightly edge Cell in power, Cell is WAY smarter and has a variety of abilities at his disposal. Can you say solar flare + SBC or D Disc? Endgame. Not to mention the regen. I like Broly better but Cell is a mother f*cker

Even if they are even in power Broly will keep getting stronger as the fight goes on....

Bankai.

Last edited by Estacado on Mar 25th, 2018 at 12:58 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 12:52 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

Again, Goku found his limit.

Even if he does keep growing in power, that assumes no limits.

Never let anyone else define you. Don't be a jerk just to be a jerk, but if you are expressing your true inner feelings and beliefs, or at least trying to express that inner child, and everyone gets pissed off about it, never NEVER apologize for it. Let them think what they want, let them define you in their narrow little minds while they suppress every last piece of them just to keep a friend that never liked them for themselves in the first place.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 01:01 PM
cdtm is currently offline Click here to Send cdtm a Private Message Find more posts by cdtm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

Goku had plot helping him though.....

Cell wont have the luxury of getting energy from 4 other people....neither does he grow in power while fighting as he was drained after taking FPSSJ kamehameha to the face and had to eat senzu to recover...

Bankai.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 01:04 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

^ SPC doesn't need extra energy to win. That's the difference.

Also, the next time Cell was blown to smithereens(ie. when he kamikaze'd) he came back with a HUGE powerup. If we're playing the no-limits fallacy game, then the WORST thing Broly could do here is injure Cell.

Originally posted by juggerman
He's got IT as well. smile

Last edited by Galan007 on Mar 25th, 2018 at 01:08 PM

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 01:05 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cdtm
Restricted

Account Restricted

And multi-Kienzans.

Let's see that slow arsed tank dodge one of those.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 01:11 PM
juggerman

Originally posted by Estacado
Even if they are even in power Broly will keep getting stronger as the fight goes on....

Not how it works though.....

He's got IT as well. smile

I call hax!

"I'M THE JUGGERMAN B!TCH"

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 03:27 PM
juggerman is currently offline Click here to Send juggerman a Private Message Find more posts by juggerman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SSJGGogeta

Okay, cool. Didn't see that stip. thumb up

Daizenshuu 6 says that Broly is more powerful in Movie 10 than he was in Movie 8. How much more powerful is the real question.

All we know is that Boo-era SSJ2 Gohan(I'm assuming he was SSJ2 because there'd be no reason to hold back) was able to put up a minimal fight against M10 Broly, but was ultimately trounced. However, Boo-era Gohan was stated to be "a LOT" weaker than Cell-era Gohan, so he's not a good measuring stick at all.

The only other information to consider is the final beam-struggle: a weakened SSJ2(presumably) Gohan + SSJ Goku + SSJ Goten seem to be getting overpowered by Broly's beam... Then kid Trunks pulls some wacky "power of hope" shit from the sidelines that I still don't understand to this day... Then the aforementioned three completely overwhelm Broly's beam, and kill him again.

...But tbh, I could easily see SPC giving those three just as much of an issue with his final Kamehameha(if not overpowering them entirely), so again: probably not the best measuring stick.

That said, I'd probably still be inclined to side with Cell, as I believe he was generally intended to be > SSJ2 Gohan(barring Gohan's final 'dig deep' moment, of course.) And that's a level I just can't put Broly on if we look solely at his showings.

Maybe I'm missing something, though..?

Goku was SSJ2 during that beam struggle.

Movie 10 Broly >>> Super Perfect Cell

"Why is everybody so ****ing stupid?"- Kim Jong Il, Team America.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 02:11 AM
SSJGGogeta is currently offline Click here to Send SSJGGogeta a Private Message Find more posts by SSJGGogeta Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

laughing out loud

Why in god's green earth would you ever assume he was SSJ2 against Broly?

This is how SSJ2 Goku was actually portrayed in the anime:
(please log in to view the image)

*Note the presence of sparks/lightning, along with very defined/spikey hair. Clearly SSJ2.

This is how Goku was portrayed in M10:

*Note the lack of sparks/lightning, and much less defined/spikey hair. Clearly SSJ1.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 02:43 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

The last little push had his hair go up. That's probably what he was talking about.

Also SS2 is easily the best looking transformation. At least in Goku anyway.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 02:45 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You mean when Goku's hair was blowing all over the place from the energies colliding and whatnot? Christ I hope not, because that'd be one hell of an asspull... Even for him.

I've never seen anyone else on the interweb dig THAT deep for Broly, tbh.

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 02:56 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Old Post Mar 27th, 2018 03:04 AM