KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Drew: Kun > Revan & Malak

Drew: Kun > Revan & Malak
Started by: AncientPower

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Selenial
I Choose Violence

ahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.

Quote is horse shit, of course, completely pointless as per usual. Given how Ant keeps peddling Karpyshyn’s quotes as quasi-factual though, this is golden.

"i admire u choose cersei as ur avi sel. at least u know that ur one sick *****, i can respect that" - Inturpid.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 03:17 PM
Click here to Send Selenial a Private Message Find more posts by Selenial Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Geistalt
SilenceThatSpeaksVolumes

@AP
quote: (post)
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
First, that's not what the statement says, even if that's what he means. "Even more terrifying and dangerous," to "Keep the player's imagination alive," does not mean more powerful. And regardless of Drew's wishes, Chee is keeper of the holocron. Move on with life. Kun is below Malak, and no amount of hamster-wheel will change that.

Fvck Islam. 4srs.
Fvck Oded Yinon, too.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 03:43 PM
Click here to Send Geistalt a Private Message Find more posts by Geistalt Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by AncientPower
Upon asking about the claims made by Jolee Bindo, Drew clarified that Exar Kun is in fact more powerful than either Revan or Malak.
Where is the actual screenshot of the quote where Jolee says this? I'm sure it exists, but...

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 04:21 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Nephthys
Theres a merchant on the Yavin station that says it.

Anyway, this is no more pathetic than Ant and cos usual shenanigans so unsure why theres so much backlash unless its just pure dislike for AP.

The correct answer imo is to ignore both suggestions and place these characters based on their actual showings and accolades.
Suvam Tan has never heard of Darth Malak when you first run into him. Considering he never met Malak after previously saying he never heard of him, I doubt he'd be a good judge.

I'd also like a screenshot of him saying that Kun is above Malak too if you would. Or a screen of his statement, whatever it entails.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 04:41 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Why the **** should I find it. Its on youtube, just go look for it yourself if you want to know.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 04:48 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

He says something along the lines of the Exar Kun being 1337 and that none of the recent Sith compare to him. But said random, rodian merchant has never met any of the characters in question, and is, as I said, a random, rodian merchant. I mean, there could not possibly be more reaching than this.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 04:50 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Nephthys
Why the **** should I find it. Its on youtube, just go look for it yourself if you want to know.
Because I can't find it yet obviously and I thought someone so familar with the quote would have quick access to it?

I was asking nicely, but I see you're just basing it off of what someone else said, not first hand experience. I will continue looking.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 05:00 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

He says something along the lines of the Exar Kun being 1337 and that none of the recent Sith compare to him. But said random, rodian merchant has never met any of the characters in question, and is, as I said, a random, rodian merchant. I mean, there could not possibly be more reaching than this.
I already know the quote is junk as it comes from someone who never heard of Malak.

The issue is, I'm curious if the quote(s) actually exist. I'm not saying I'm an expert in finding things, but I can't find either from Jolee or Suvam. It doesn't help that youtube videos have people skipping dialogue as well.

So, in the meantime, I'm wondering if it wasn't just a rumor that spread and people accepted it because of all the branching dialogue, and then it became fact. Which if true, not only is the character not trustworthy already, but the quotes don't even exist and people are badgering a writer who doesn't even remember if he wrote it or not and trying to coerce an answer out of him to use it as proof against things we can easily find proof of.

Because that would be the ice cream, whipped cream, and cherry on top of an already pathetic reach cobbler pie.

But, I'm not taking any stances, which is why I'm asking for screenshots (or preferably video). Which I could if I felt like it then check out in game or try and find a video to see if the quote was from a modded file or not. I could actually have something to substantiate the claim. I probably wouldn't, but if the curiousity got to me, that is a path to take. I know all about people using rumors, lying, and photoshopping scans on this very site after all.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Mar 24th, 2018 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 05:23 PM
Freedon Nadd

Well, Kun>Revan/Malak. You don't need someone to confirm it for you.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 06:33 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Freedon Nadd
Well, Kun>Revan/Malak. You don't need someone to confirm it for you.
Good point, why would anyone need to see proof of claims?
From your sig, you see like a smart guy. I'm sure you'd realize what a few wild claims can lead to.
I like to see things with my own eyes before I start believing it though. I thought it was a simple ask tbh, but I get posts like this instead.

I found the quote though. It is definitive, but still from a guy who has only ever apparently met Exar Kun and only heard of "a sith lord" from smugglers. So yeah, back at the start. He does say he is far more powerful than any Sith Lord since, but he also hasn't left the station since either apparently.
I guess it's the Jolee quote now.

Last edited by One Big Mob on Mar 24th, 2018 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 07:44 PM
Mendax
Hand of God

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Because I can't find it yet obviously and I thought someone so familar with the quote would have quick access to it?

I was asking nicely, but I see you're just basing it off of what someone else said, not first hand experience. I will continue looking.
for what its worth- i looked and couldn't find any direct quotes either. now i have absolutely no interest in the discussion but i'd like to see those quotes also.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 07:59 PM
Click here to Send Mendax a Private Message Find more posts by Mendax Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Mendax
for what its worth- i looked and couldn't find any direct quotes either. now i have absolutely no interest in the discussion but i'd like to see those quotes also.
Yeah, I like to give a good effort before I ask for help, but I couldn't find it, so I figured I'd ask.
Then I encountered way too many lets plays of people not clicking to expand the Exar Kun dialogue, and it sucked.

Here's the Suvam Tan quote anyway. I think the Jolee quote is going to be incredibly hard to find unless someone already has it, but I'll look a little bit more.

https://imgur.com/UtAlDDf

Last edited by One Big Mob on Mar 24th, 2018 at 08:08 PM

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 08:06 PM
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

You left out the part what his source is. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Smugglers and trandoshans.

I don't know what Jolee quote AP is talking about, and I don't see it in the game's dialogue.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 08:16 PM
Click here to Send FreshestSlice a Private Message Find more posts by FreshestSlice Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

You left out the part what his source is. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Smugglers and trandoshans.

I don't know what Jolee quote AP is talking about, and I don't see it in the game's dialogue.
laughing out loud yeah.

To be fair I did find some extra Exar Kun dialogue that wasn't in his dialogue (my source was from someone who just posted all his dialogue mind you), but I haven't found him actually saying Exar is above Malak. Here is the dialogue and he sarcastically remarks that everything is above Exar.

So it could exist, I just can't find it.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 08:21 PM
ILS
Restricted

Account Restricted

AP forgot the most important rule regarding quotes.

If it isn't shitting on Kun, nobody cares.

“The galaxy must experience the pain of death and the rapture of rebirth as I have. I will bring chaos. It is time for war.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 08:26 PM
Click here to Send ILS a Private Message Find more posts by ILS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deronn Solo
King Yami

AP looking like Reed Richards with this one, lmao.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 10:08 PM
Click here to Send Deronn Solo a Private Message Find more posts by Deronn Solo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FreshestSlice
Eternal Commander

Nigga, Richards beat God Emperor Doom.

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 10:40 PM
cs_zoltan

As bad as this is, it doesn't even make AP's best hits.

"You presume limits to our double standards. There are none." - Vitidiots

Old Post Mar 24th, 2018 10:48 PM
Click here to Send cs_zoltan a Private Message Find more posts by cs_zoltan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

Nigga, Richards beat God Emperor Doom.

With a little help from my guy, though.

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 12:30 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AncientPower
The Chosen One

Seriously? There's a quote where he not only denounces that the Jedi Civil War and Malak are the most important threats ever, but this is coming from the mouth of the guy who fought Kun in the Kun War.

Yet none of this is really relevant, what Drew clarifies here is just as-if not more-relevant than what Cory Herndon wrote in his blog. Kreia never met the ancient Sith but we didn't mind using her authenticated statements through Avellone as a means of wank.

Within your furnace heart, you burn in your own flame. This is how it feels to be Anakin Skywalker.

Old Post Mar 25th, 2018 12:55 AM
Click here to Send AncientPower a Private Message Find more posts by AncientPower Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote