KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » RotS Sidious' Best Power Feat vs Valkorion's

RotS Sidious' Best Power Feat vs Valkorion's
Started by: ILS

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Rockydonovang
-> Explicitly described in the novel
-> Is shown in the movie just as the novel described it
-> Just a metaphor

'Mace's blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone.' is not explicit, something being bent back is just a rhetorical way of saying its being pushed back.

Nor is it shown happening in the movie. The literal opposite is, actually. Mace is constantly able to push his lightsaber forwards towards Sidious. I assume you mean when the prop wobbles in Jacksons hand a bit, in which case lol.

Besides which when Satele grabs Malgus' lightsaber the physical strain of him pushing it towards her actually cracks the blade so it really wouldn't be that impressive even if this myth were true (it isn't).

Last edited by Nephthys on Apr 9th, 2018 at 03:32 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 03:19 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

thumb up

Plus, frankly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize bending a lightsaber blade isn't as good as vaporizing all life on a planet, ffs.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 03:38 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Does Palpatine even have any force powers? I was under the assumption his lightning came from his immense political powers.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:24 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

He just constantly rolls 6's to bluff.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:33 PM
Click here to Send Nephthys a Private Message Find more posts by Nephthys Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Does Palpatine even have any force powers? I was under the assumption his lightning came from his immense political powers.

Jar Jar gives a small hint to it when he gives Sheev emergency power.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:58 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Nephthys
Nor is it shown happening in the movie. The literal opposite is, actually. Mace is constantly able to push his lightsaber forwards towards Sidious. I assume you mean when the prop wobbles in Jacksons hand a bit, in which case lol.

The novel also has Mace pushing against Sidious, lal, the're no difference here. The movie has the lightsaber blade bend towards Mace as the novel describes. I'm not going to accept "prop wobble" as an explanation without proof.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Apr 9th, 2018 at 11:25 PM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 11:12 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Haschwalth
1. Mace, with his Vaapad amp managed to hold Sidious's lightning at bay, and yes this is an indication of maces's Physical amp, being able to hold onto the lightsaber without it blowing away. Sidious has shown no such thing during his ROTS incarnation, to be greater than Vitiate's lightning.

Sorry, but Mace's physically amplified strength does not exert more power than Sidious's lightning, this is common sense.
quote:

2.what are you on? a lightsaber gives of a certain amount of energy per second, it's consistent. blocking it with a force shield is matching said energy from a lightsaber per second. to overwhelm a lightsaber you need to give ]off more energy per second than the lightsaber can put out, which is easy considering Valkorian is far beyond Foundry Revan, who could already sustain lightsaber blocking barriers. Your whole notion of it being impressive is silly, ngl.

-> Matching something for a second <<<<<<< Overpowering something for a duration of time.

The feat you cited isn't in the same league as what Palpatine did.
quote:

3.Prove that claim.

You've done it for me:
quote:
when you have unuthul bending back turbolazers

This feats beat any feat of a similar kind Valk has to offer, hence saying Palp is inferior in this regard to Unuthul is pointless.

quote:

4. Their has to be some parity, otherwise Tking or lightning would be pointless in battle, As you would always opt for the more potent attack. Say, you can tk a star destroyer, but when you use that same strength tk, on a more powerful force user, it will do shit. You proceed to use lightning, that you claim is not the same in terms of energy, it would then do nothing to said opponent, as it is not powerful enough.

What? No, there can be parity between users, but that doens't remotely imply their's parity between what the attacks do. The greatest environmental lightning feat is setting a landscape ablaze. Even second tier tk showings have more impressive effects on the enviroment/ Lightning and tk serve different purposes. Lightning is an option to use against opponents you can't just tk as they're too close to you. Lightning is also a constant attack that can be used to constantly subdue while TK is a one off baring a significant power gap. The reason why i've compred sids and valk on each power separately is because cross power comparisons rarely work out so well. Eitherhow, as Valk has nothing in the league of Palp's tk showings, this tangent is rather pointless.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 11:25 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

The novel also has Mace pushing against Sidious, lal, the're no difference here.

I just checked it and it doesn't so that's a flat out lie.

The movie has the lightsaber blade bend towards Mace as the novel describes.

No it doesn't. I just watched the scene in slow-mo on youtube and it wobbles back and forth as he moves it. So maybe try explaining how Sheevs lightning also bends it towards him as well if you will.

I'm not going to accept "prop wobble" as an explanation without proof.

Do you even know how they do the lightsaber effects in the movie? The prop is a long plastic tube that they CGI the effect over later. If the blade wobbles in the movie, the prop must also have wobbled in Jacksons hand since that's how the effect works. QED.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 11:43 PM
Haschwalth

1. No, it shows the Mace can at least counter the strain of the force lightning via his lightsaber. Generally when a person is over whelmed physically, it gets blown away.

2.Facepalm, you don't really grasp what is occurring.(It's not a great feat FYI) And in no way is that close to ending a Dark council of 9 sith Lords within a flash.(Obviously referencing his lightning, as that is his primary offensive skill.

3.Razing a planets surface>>>>>Bending back a barrage of turbolasers. It was done via his own personal power. And just please don't go off on a tangent, saying stuff like, b-but, Valkorian hasn't shown this level of strength via Telekinesis, it's a stupid argument. You can nearly always scale the level of tk they have, via the feats they have done. Otherwise you would have planet razors barely being able to life ships.

4.what.... I was referring to parity in terms of energy between attacks(Lightning,Tk) e.g. you fire a canon at a concrete wall it goes right through(this is telekensis, over whelming opponents force Barrier.) you then proceed to through a basketball, at a rebuilt wall, it will bounce off, because it did not have enough force to break the wall(Barrier).(this is force lightning in your opinion.) I'm saying the lightning has to be as potent as the TK to break through the barrier. even though it's not shown to be as impressive, with affects on the environment.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 11:57 PM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

Originally posted by Haschwalth
1. No, it shows the Mace can at least counter the strain of the force lightning via his lightsaber. Generally when a person is over whelmed physically, it gets blown away.

This has nothing to do with the blade bending lal. Sidious's lightning has more power than Mace's arms, hence your claim Mace's arms are what caused the blade to bend are nonsense.
quote:

2.Facepalm, you don't really grasp what is occurring.(It's not a great feat FYI) And in no way is that close to ending a Dark council of 9 sith Lords within a flash.(Obviously referencing his lightning, as that is his primary offensive skill.

You've reverting to back to unsupported claims to cover how weak your reasoning is. We're done here.

3.Razing a planets surface>>>>>Bending back a barrage of turbolasers. It was done via his own personal power. [/quote]it's good Valk never did that with lightning lal.

quote:
And just please don't go off on a tangent, saying stuff like, b-but, Valkorian hasn't shown this level of strength via Telekinesis, it's a stupid argument. You can nearly always scale the level of tk they have, via the feats they have done. Otherwise you would have planet razors barely being able to life ships.
Valk's inability to affect planets with tk or lighting renders this assertion of yours nonsense.

However, say we act like powers have the same effects, Sidious shifting the balance of the force himself or Plagy telepathically reaching out to everyone in the galaxy are far more impressive than razing a planet.

Not to mention that Sidious has showcased vastly more impressive showings in pretty much everything save for the one straw you're grasping to, force drain.
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
[B]thumb up

Plus, frankly, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize bending a lightsaber blade isn't as good as vaporizing all life on a planet, ffs.

Hasch decided to focus only on the lightning feat i mentioned while neglecting all the others shifting this to a lightning only discussion. Now he's cheating and trying to force tk and drain comparisons, but I never made any comparison outside of lightning comparisons after Hasch's shift.

Last edited by Rockydonovang on Apr 10th, 2018 at 12:25 AM

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 12:18 AM
Haschwalth

1. My claim is that the lightsaber started to bend from the force applied from both Mace/Sidious's lightning pushing against each other. It's not hard to grasp.

2.We are because you don't grasp how energy works.

3.You brought up unuthuls Turbo Lazer feat which is completely irrelevant when claiming unu thul>Valkorian, that has nothing to do with lightning. So I brought up Valkorion's planet razing feat as a counter, in terms of power.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 12:25 AM
Click here to Send Haschwalth a Private Message Find more posts by Haschwalth Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
The Immortal Emperor

thumb up

thumb up

”You presume limits to my power. There are none.”

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 01:09 AM
Click here to Send XSUPREMEXSKILLZ a Private Message Find more posts by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthbane77

thumb up

thumb up thumb up thumb up

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 01:25 AM
Click here to Send darthbane77 a Private Message Find more posts by darthbane77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

I haven't seen a good rebuttal to EoTPM Sidious's unbalancing feat, which strikes me as the most potent demonstration of power to that point in galactic history.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 09:11 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Lmao, ok sure thing give Sidious Plagueis' help and several months of intense meditation and he can beat Valk you win.

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 10:12 PM
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Originally posted by Nephthys
Lmao, ok sure thing give Sidious Plagueis' help and several months of intense meditation and he can beat Valk you win.

No, I'm referring to the events described in the prologue to Plagueis (aka the chronological end).

Old Post Apr 10th, 2018 10:17 PM
Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Haschwalth

Originally posted by The Ellimist
No, I'm referring to the events described in the prologue to Plagueis (aka the chronological end).

Plagueis's death?
I'll bring up Valkorion's.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 09:06 AM
Freedon Nadd

Plagueis' death sends ripples through the Force and somehow that's Palpatine's feat/power?

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 01:15 PM
Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nephthys
The Gr8est!!!!!!!!

Then I don't know what you mean.

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 02:22 PM
Freedon Nadd

She talks when those voices cheered Palpatine's name(it was in his head)

Old Post Apr 11th, 2018 04:42 PM