KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?
Started by: Putinbot1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Flyattractor
And yet so much of "Modern" American Pop Culture has a large foundation in America Hating. Funny that.

I don't think that The Concepts of Rightists and Leftists are "The Same".

I think the Leftists are WRONG!

eek!
Channelling DMB if he had decent grammar and sentence structure, "some pretentions, simplistic shit" meaning "Fly you really are a shit troll, you need to get people to emotionally invest in your trolling."

Night you **** smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 11:32 PM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Originally posted by Putinbot1
Channelling DMB if he had decent grammar and sentence structure, "some pretentions, simplistic shit" meaning "Fly you really are a shit troll, you need to get people to emotionally invest in your trolling."

Night you **** smile

Giving up already?

And after going on a name calling rant to..

OH well.

eek!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 11:34 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Emperordmb
LSDMB

What is your weird obsession with me putinbot?

Shadilay my brothers and sisters. With any luck we will throw off the shackles of normie oppression. We have nothing to lose but our chains! Praise Kek!
THE MOTTO IS "IN KEK WE TRUST"

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 11:37 PM
Emperordmb is currently offline Click here to Send Emperordmb a Private Message Find more posts by Emperordmb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

It is connected to his Boxing Obsession.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2018 11:49 PM
Flyattractor is currently offline Click here to Send Flyattractor a Private Message Find more posts by Flyattractor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snowdragon

Originally posted by Flyattractor
It is connected to his Boxing Obsession.

It's more than that, his boxing steroid GHBsmile Plus he's old and doesn't want to admit it so he's an internet toughiesmile

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 02:04 AM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam_PoE

Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

Team USA has as many people to choose from and more than Europe. Why isn't it champion at everything?

Take the recent Winter Olympics, won by Norway.

Norway has a population half that of New York City...

Even in the Olympics which it wins with 121 medals, you have to consider Britain gets 67 a country with the population of two states.

Even in things like heavyweight boxing which the US once ruled, they haven't had an undisputed champion in almost 2 decades.

In minority sports in the US like Soccer more people play it than in Germany, Holland and Italy combined.

Why is America so unathletic and why does it seem on the decline.

I know you have your own sports, which pretty much no one else in the world gives a shit about except Basketball that is, which you are the best at, thank god you have some tall athletic black men.

So in seriousness what's the problem?

I think the real question is "Why is Norway so awesome?"

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 04:14 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Well, this is another question. I just chose the most extreme example. I mean Germany and Canada also ended up above the US.

I could use the decline in American Male Tennis. One player in the top ten, Isner at 9. I could use golf where 9 of the top 20 are yanks including the top two and yet again 5 of the top twenty are British. A nation with a population not much bigger than California.

Is it Burgers? That make America underperform? Is Trump the truest American of all?

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:06 AM
Putinbot1 is currently offline Click here to Send Putinbot1 a Private Message Find more posts by Putinbot1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
samhain
The Demon Hunter

Without knowing more about how the US handles it's approach to the grass roots side of global sports, (not including so called 'American sports', baseball, etc,) It's a tricky one. From the outside it seems like they really focus on domestic sports which only they compete in at a youth level, some track & field too and I do get the impression that there are a lot of tennis academies. I reckon the answer most likely lies in the grass roots side of things, it usually does.

rolling on floor laughing smokin' messed

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 02:30 PM
samhain is currently offline Click here to Send samhain a Private Message Find more posts by samhain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by samhain
Without knowing more about how the US handles it's approach to the grass roots side of global sports, (not including so called 'American sports', baseball, etc,) It's a tricky one. From the outside it seems like they really focus on domestic sports which only they compete in at a youth level, some track & field too and I do get the impression that there are a lot of tennis academies. I reckon the answer most likely lies in the grass roots side of things, it usually does.
I suspect it's more than grassroots it's a malaise among the Americans themselves, those homegrown sports have ridiculous things like an average of only 15 minutes actual ball in play in an NFL game... and more actual advertising and changing players. Weird shit.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 05:14 PM
Flyattractor

I think it is just that you smoked too much GRASS as a kid and it gave you brain derangement syndrome.

That would explain so much.

Old Post Apr 8th, 2018 10:26 PM
Adam_PoE

Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

Well, this is another question. I just chose the most extreme example. I mean Germany and Canada also ended up above the US.

I could use the decline in American Male Tennis. One player in the top ten, Isner at 9. I could use golf where 9 of the top 20 are yanks including the top two and yet again 5 of the top twenty are British. A nation with a population not much bigger than California.

Is it Burgers? That make America underperform? Is Trump the truest American of all?

Canada and Germany are also awesome though.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 01:19 AM
Adam_PoE is currently offline Click here to Send Adam_PoE a Private Message Find more posts by Adam_PoE Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The USA is by far the medal leader in the Olympics. As far as soccer goes the best American athletes play basketball, baseball and football. Soccer gets the athletes who could not hang in the big three.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 02:28 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StyleTime

Putin, population size doesn't necessarily have the effect on athletic performance you're thinking it does. It's not like twice the people automatically means twice the medals, or else China would win everything all the time.

America performs fine in boxing regardless, but there is a lot more talent going to MMA though. Most of the current UFC champs are American, along with many of the contenders. The closest competing organization outside the U.S. has a heavyweight champ that got largely smashed when he fought here. And a bantamweight champ that got slapped by an American gatekeeper.

Can't win 'em all obviously, but let's be real here...

thumb up The U.N. voted Norway the best place to live on Earth.

Last edited by StyleTime on Apr 9th, 2018 at 04:33 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:20 AM
StyleTime is currently offline Click here to Send StyleTime a Private Message Find more posts by StyleTime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Flyattractor

Hey you 2! Stop bringing FACTS into a PootyButBot Thread.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 04:25 AM
Todd1700

Originally posted by playa1258
The USA is by far the medal leader in the Olympics. As far as soccer goes the best American athletes play basketball, baseball and football. Soccer gets the athletes who could not hang in the big three.

There are only so many elite athletes in any country. The three biggest sports in America are American Football, basketball and baseball. All the best athletes go to those because in America they are the most popular and that is where the money is. And America does dominate in those sports.There are individual athletes in those sports here who probably make more a year than most of the pro soccer team players combined. I'd hate to even toss out a guess as to how many kids are involved with those three sports from pee wee or little league up to the college level in a given year. The very best will make the pros and therefore never need to play another sport. But even for those who don't make it to the pro level by the time they do peek at some lower level it's pretty late in the game by then to switch to another sport.

Also most of the elite athletes of the world are playing a sport they have been playing and loved since childhood. And many of those international sports just are not very popular here with kids. Soccer is increasing in popularity with more and more high schools fielding teams but it's going to be a long slow climb to get anywhere near the top 3.

As for winter sports, take a ruler and level it across the northern border of Tennessee. Then draw a horizontal line across the USA. Everybody under that line probably sees an accumulation of snow about once every 3 years. If your family has to get on a plane to fly somewhere that you can ski then odds are you will not be growing up to win a medal in the winter olympics.

Lastly, and I don't want to make a major deal of this one, but a good number of the people who win medals for countries other than the USA spent the 4 years prior to the olympics living and training here in the USA. Usually on a scholarship at one of our colleges. Then 2 weeks before the olympics they board a plane; fly back to Cameroon or some such place and then show up at the olympics to compete against the country they have actually been living in for the last 4 years. That's bullshit in my opinion. Hell in the last olympics down in Brazil I watched a boxing match between an American boxer and a boxer representing Haiti. The kid from Haiti had been born and raised in Brooklyn his whole life. More bullshit. All that sort of crap started when they let Zola Budd compete for another country because South Africa had been banned from the olympics that year.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 05:04 AM
Todd1700 is currently offline Click here to Send Todd1700 a Private Message Find more posts by Todd1700 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Re: Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

Canada and Germany are also awesome though.
Liberal paradises.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 07:05 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by StyleTime
Putin, population size doesn't necessarily have the effect on athletic performance you're thinking it does. It's not like twice the people automatically means twice the medals, or else China would win everything all the time.

America performs fine in boxing regardless, but there is a lot more talent going to MMA though. Most of the current UFC champs are American, along with many of the contenders. The closest competing organization outside the U.S. has a heavyweight champ that got largely smashed when he fought here. And a bantamweight champ that got slapped by an American gatekeeper.

Can't win 'em all obviously, but let's be real here...

thumb up The U.N. voted Norway the best place to live on Earth.
Well, actually population should have exactly that effect. I'll grant you the British Isles isn't the best choice because we have proven time and time again we are a bit special and even though we are only one and a half states in population, if you scale us up to your size nobody else in the world would win anything. As for MMA, the rules favour wrestlers and tbh, the modern UFC is pretty much just a way for poor strikers and college wrestlers to pretend they are martial artists.

Pride rules were much fairer.

I say Khmer boxing rules all round for striking + football kicks to the head. Now that's real MMA.

Last edited by Putinbot1 on Apr 9th, 2018 at 08:37 AM

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 08:31 AM
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by playa1258
Scale the UK up to one eighth the size of the US and it wouldn't be and yes, thank god Black men are athletic in the US. You would have hardly anyone to watch with any sporting prowess except for the legacy of slavery.

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 08:33 AM
snowdragon

Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

So in seriousness what's the problem?

Team American stopped playing kiddy games and decided to worksmile

Tone down your steroids and hgh and you might become more reasonable as well, although not very competitive in the gymsmile

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 01:36 PM
snowdragon is currently offline Click here to Send snowdragon a Private Message Find more posts by snowdragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Putinbot1
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Why doesn't America clean up at Sports?

Originally posted by snowdragon
Team American stopped playing kiddy games and decided to worksmile

Tone down your steroids and hgh and you might become more reasonable as well, although not very competitive in the gymsmile
Trust me kid, I don't need to brag. I lifted more than most kids dabbling with gear before my first course. Team America have more people to draw from than the whole of Europe and the worlds strongest man is still a Brit. wink

Old Post Apr 9th, 2018 02:24 PM