KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Genres » Foreign Cinema » morgoth vs palpatine

morgoth vs palpatine
Started by: snoke123

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
quanchi112
Disney

So another topic in the movie versus which has nothing to do with comparing Sauron to Sidious proves what exactly.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:00 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...=1#post16605292

There you go. Go talk about how great Sauron is there.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:01 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by One Big Mob
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/...=1#post16605292

There you go. Go talk about how great Sauron is there.
Sauron is great and relatively speaker greater than Sidious. You went off topic and brought up the great Khan Noonien Singh.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:04 PM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoke123

@quanchi112
If you do not know Star Wars expanded universe, then please do not comment.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:11 PM
snoke123 is currently offline Click here to Send snoke123 a Private Message Find more posts by snoke123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

You went off topic Quan. Morgoth has nothing to do with movie Sauron and I don't even know if he's canon in the movieverse, let alone has feats.

You're throwing random irrelevant things at the wrong person Quan. Fact remains that Morgoth wildly varies depending on who you ask or what you choose to accept. "Sidious fanboys" has nothing to do with that.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:13 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

You went off topic Quan. Morgoth has nothing to do with movie Sauron and I don't even know if he's canon in the movieverse, let alone has feats.

You're throwing random irrelevant things at the wrong person Quan. Fact remains that Morgoth wildly varies depending on who you ask or what you choose to accept. "Sidious fanboys" has nothing to do with that.
He is canon since his name was referenced in Battle of the Five Armies. That’s why I tend to debate with characters from films and cgi since we can quantify their feats without reading hyperbole off a book page. The Sidious who exists in the films gets waxed by the Sauron who exists in the film. That’s why I went there. I’m most wise.

I like throwing salt into the Sidious fanboys wounds.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:16 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by snoke123
@quanchi112
If you do not know Star Wars expanded universe, then please do not comment.
I don’t care what you think or say about non canon bs. It doesn’t even count so let it go. It’s fanfic.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:17 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

What has movie Morgoth done quan?

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:25 PM
quanchi112
Disney

What has movie Morgoth done quan?
His name was referenced in the five armies. We don’t see him hence why I argued movie Sauron vs. movie Sidious. Books tend to get wanked via the hyperbole.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:28 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

So would you say that it's possible to misinterpret what Morgoth has done in a book and end up at a different viewpoint than what another reader has came to?

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:34 PM
quanchi112
Disney

So would you say that it's possible to misinterpret what Morgoth has done in a book and end up at a different viewpoint than what another reader has came to?
Of course it is with most books to have entirely different opinions which is why I don’t put a whole lot of stock in it and focus on the films.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 09:42 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by quanchi112
Of course it is with most books to have entirely different opinions which is why I don’t put a whole lot of stock in it and focus on the films.
Right, so this could be accurate?

Originally posted by Azronger
Not sure, depends how you interpret Tolkien.

And as stated, some of those Morgoth boys put him above people like Rune King Thor. Hell:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...galactu-743696/

Basically it depends on how you interpret the universe that Tolken created.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 10:05 PM
quanchi112
Disney

Right, so this could be accurate?

And as stated, some of those Morgoth boys put him above people like Rune King Thor. Hell:

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/foru...galactu-743696/

Basically it depends on how you interpret the universe that Tolken created.
That is true of most book fictional matchups. I’ve met the Lotr rabid fan base before on another site. This is why I focus on the films.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 10:10 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

I like the books. But I do want to get into those Mordor games. Everytime I try I wind up at the title screen or the pause screen for hours though.

Old Post May 21st, 2018 10:20 PM
Freedon Nadd

Originally posted by Azronger
Not sure, depends how you interpret Star Wars.

RealistRacism: "Sheevites, much like the Banites, were meant to increase in power with each member. From Lightsnake to Gideon to Azronger, this was supposed to be the case. However, knowledge must've been lost in some kind of Gravid-like incident, as Az turned out to be a mid-tier debater with a sub-par track record, sh!itting all over Tempest's legacy. Sad."

Old Post May 23rd, 2018 05:38 AM
Freedon Nadd is currently offline Click here to Send Freedon Nadd a Private Message Find more posts by Freedon Nadd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

bump

Old Post Sep 25th, 2018 02:47 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Morgoth at "full power" is a transcendent being who can bring metaphysical concepts like discord into being by his will and shape Arda and the cosmos beyond. That guy would stomp, if indeed a fight could be had between something so vast and something so small.

After taking physical form Morgoth's power depends a lot on how you interpret Tolkien, which Bran in particular touched on. If one thinks of the cosmos of Tolkien's work as being the same as our own, one could feasibly argue Morgoth even at weaker levels is mightier than beings who control all of space and all the stars in the universe.

I personally think that interpretation is bogus though. It is wildly inconsistent with everything else we see in the setting. One would imagine that if the Ainur were tossing out universe busting powers quite a bit more than a continent would have been devastated in the War of Wrath.

Old Post Sep 26th, 2018 01:42 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Ellimist
The Shadow

Wouldn't that technically be Melkor and not Morgoth?

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 03:55 PM
The Ellimist is currently offline Click here to Send The Ellimist a Private Message Find more posts by The Ellimist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoke123

Originally posted by The Ellimist
Wouldn't that technically be Melkor and not Morgoth?

yes, melkor

Old Post Sep 27th, 2018 04:10 PM
snoke123 is currently offline Click here to Send snoke123 a Private Message Find more posts by snoke123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by snoke123
yes, melkor
All right, so you are going off of his strongest point after being referred to as Morgoth? He was named as such by Feanor, so any feat after there should count for him.

Palpatine could very well phuck that boy up, and I'm not going to try to recall feats that happened after that. I do recall him laying waste to a valley with a torrent of fire IIRC before fighting Fingolfin, but that's about it.

Another big issue is a relative lack of speed feats among LotR's terrestrial characters.

Old Post Sep 29th, 2018 02:00 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote