KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Hela vs Odin

Hela vs Odin
Started by: K-Dog

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

(please log in to view the image)

Odin was still old back when he and Hela were wrecking civilizations. Age doesn't really factor much into this fight.

That said, I don't think he can strip her of her powers. I feel like he would have done that over imprisoning her a few millennia if he could have. Still, based off implied power, I don't see him having much trouble with her.

PWNT

Old Post May 26th, 2018 12:59 AM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Robtard
She's obviously more powerful than Thor, but she was still defeated by Odin and there's no reason to believe he couldn't do so again. Maybe he couldn't take away her powers and that's fine, maybe the two choices were kill Hela or imprison her; he chose gaol. Whatever it is, Odin beat her.

Of note, if seems she was the first wielder of Mjolnir, or at least before it went to Thor's possession.
Except we have no idea how he defeated her. Was it in a straight up battle? Did he use any artifacts from his vault? For all we know he sneak attacked her from behind right after she slaughtered the Valkyries.

So even though he himself says he couldn't stop her, not wouldn't kill her or couldn't kill his own daughter, flat out couldnt stop her. In your opinion he meant he could have killed her but didn't want to and chose to lock her away instead. Knowing that she will be free one day upon his death, and that she is the bringer of Ragnarock and will destroy Asgard and possibly everything else, but did it anyway to spare her life. All after she already slaughtered his entire army of Valkyries that he sent to presumably kill her?

If so, that seems like a bit of a reach. I feel the more logical conclusion would be that he couldn't stop her like he said and had to imprisoner because it was his only option left.

Last edited by Raptor22 on May 26th, 2018 at 01:05 AM

Old Post May 26th, 2018 01:02 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

More likely, he didn't strip her of her powers as no powers would mean no extended life span. He didn't want to kill her.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 01:07 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Raptor22
I don't see why he would just be able to strip her power away like nothing, or imprisoned her on a whim.

Just because he stripped Thor of his power doesn't mean he can do it to someone more powerful than Thor. If he could then why would he say things like

"Her violent appetite grew beyond my control"

"I couldn't stop her, so I imprisoned her. I locked her away"

I feel like if he could just strip her powers like he did to thor, then it would have been pretty easy for him to control her violent appetite and/or stop her, which he admitted he couldn't do.

Also we have no idea how he imprisoned her, what he used or what help he had. We do know that he sent the entire Valkyrie army after Hela first rather than facing her himself.

As for him keeping her imprisoned, I've always thought that he kept her locked away thru some sort of spell or enchantment that would only be removed/broken upon his death. Not that he was constantly powering what ever means he used to lock her away (if that was the case why wouldn't she have been freed when he was in the Odin sleep, or under lokis spell?) or because she was afraid to come back.

"My life was all that held her back, but my time has come. I can not keep her away any longer."

I always interpreted that as what ever spell or enchntment he used was tied to his life and when he dies she will be free, and his time was up.

Im not arguing that she would beat him, just that he just can't strip her powers or imprison her whenever he feels like it.

WOW! Great analysis man.

I would add to the fact that Odin specifically stated, "She draws her strength from Asgard...Once she reaches there her power will be limitless". To my criteria Odin defeated or imprisoned Hela outside Asgard. Otherwise, such a fight would leave colateral damage on Asgard...People would hear of it like we hear of WW2...Yet no one remembers Hela...No one heard of her. Probably the fight took place on a remote place, just Hela and Odin.

Old Odin loses.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 01:31 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Arachnid1
(please log in to view the image)

Odin was still old back when he and Hela were wrecking civilizations. Age doesn't really factor much into this fight.

That said, I don't think he can strip her of her powers. I feel like he would have done that over imprisoning her a few millennia if he could have. Still, based off implied power, I don't see him having much trouble with her.

You know there is an enormous flaw in your statement right?

First of all, it's clear Odin still has his eye in that image.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J01AVlnHjeM

That image took place YEARS before Odin fought Laufey, the 9 realms were just conquered. Yet Odin was considerably younger in the wars between the Asgard and Jotunheim! Furthermore, Odin himself claimed they had a hard time defeating the Giants.

So it's clear that not only Odin was quite younger in his fight with Hela, but also that he was way more powerful...Remember that Odin did lost an eye against the Giants so, it's obvious he grew weaker.

Conclusion: Either Odin was way stronger in his youth or Hela was weaker, cause there is no way Frost Giants>>>Hela.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 01:38 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Silent Master
He didn't want to kill her.

Could he even kill her??

Old Post May 26th, 2018 01:38 AM
CPT Space Bomb
Emperor Doom

Originally posted by Robtard
She's obviously more powerful than Thor, but she was still defeated by Odin and there's no reason to believe he couldn't do so again. Maybe he couldn't take away her powers and that's fine, maybe the two choices were kill Hela or imprison her; he chose gaol. Whatever it is, Odin beat her.

Of note, if seems she was the first wielder of Mjolnir, or at least before it went to Thor's possession.
Ding ding ding. thumb up

So what about my comments made your ass so sore? Was it me calling you a phaggot? I think not." - Nemebro

Old Post May 26th, 2018 02:04 AM
CPT Space Bomb is currently offline Click here to Send CPT Space Bomb a Private Message Find more posts by CPT Space Bomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

More likely, he didn't strip her of her powers as no powers would mean no extended life span. He didn't want to kill her.
not seeing how that's more likely. Which scene in the movie did Odin say he didn't want to kill her? Was it after he sent his entire host of his most elite warriors to charge at her with swords on their flying horses?

Old Post May 26th, 2018 04:56 AM
Raptor22 is currently offline Click here to Send Raptor22 a Private Message Find more posts by Raptor22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

He did that to keep her imprisoned, not kill her. May I suggest watching the movie again and this time paying attention.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 05:02 AM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

He did that to keep her imprisoned, not kill her. May I suggest watching the movie again and this time paying attention.
I'll give u credit for doing a nice little dance around the question. I'll ask it again and I suggest this time u pay attention. Which scene in the movie did Odin say he didn't want to kill her?

Old Post May 26th, 2018 05:11 AM
Silent Master

Why should I bother responding to your obvious attempt at a straw man?

Old Post May 26th, 2018 05:18 AM
Raptor22

Why should I bother responding to your obvious attempt at a straw man?
U made the claim - "He didn't want to kill her." - Silent Master. Back it up with something or don't, I could care less either way.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 05:34 AM
Silent Master

Originally posted by Raptor22
U made the claim - "He didn't want to kill her." - Silent Master. Back it up with something or don't, I could care less either way.

I always love it when someone who devotes multiple posts to something turns around and claims they don't care either way. Yeah, we believe you.

By the way, I didn't make a claim. If you actually read my post before deciding to have a hissy fit, you would notice I said "more likely". That isn't making a claim. That is saying of all the possible reasons for his actions, this is the one I think is, wait for it. Most likely.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 05:40 AM
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's quite possible he didn't take away her powers simply because he wasn't able to do so. Not all "gods" are created equal. Perhaps imprisonment was the best he could do.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 02:36 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nevan

Prime Odin defeated prime Surtur, so he beats her at the height of his power, old Odin most likely loses.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 02:56 PM
Nevan is currently offline Click here to Send Nevan a Private Message Find more posts by Nevan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Raptor22

I always love it when someone who devotes multiple posts to something turns around and claims they don't care either way. Yeah, we believe you.

By the way, I didn't make a claim. If you actually read my post before deciding to have a hissy fit, you would notice I said "more likely". That isn't making a claim. That is saying of all the possible reasons for his actions, this is the one I think is, wait for it. Most likely.
ok. That's a strange thing to love but I'm glad u found something that makes u happy.

So are u going to back up ur post with any evidence or were u just tossing your opinion out there without any proof?

Old Post May 26th, 2018 03:30 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Bring a statement where Odin claimed he didn't want to kill Hela.

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on May 26th, 2018 at 03:49 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2018 03:41 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Ehhhh..... laughing out loud

It's clear there is a PERIOD separating the sentences. Which means the 'MORE LIKELY' doesn't apply for your next statement.

Therefore, you did claimed that he didn't wanted to kill her.

Man Silent, your lying abilities are increasing over the years it seems to me laughing out loud

Last edited by Josh_Alexander on May 26th, 2018 at 03:48 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2018 03:45 PM
Silent Master

Are you retarded?

Do you not understand context?

Last edited by Silent Master on May 26th, 2018 at 05:03 PM

Old Post May 26th, 2018 04:59 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Are you retarded?

Do you not understand context?

Why do you like to lie Silent?

You clearly claimed that Odin didn't want to kill her. You argument is clear.

Now, bring evidence to support your argument.

Old Post May 26th, 2018 05:10 PM