KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Dune (2021)

Dune (2021)
Started by: Patient_Leech

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (31): « First ... « 7 8 [9] 10 11 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ares834
Probably for the best if we ever want a sequel to be made.

fair point

Originally posted by Robtard
F**K! Shit! Piss!

also a fair point

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2020 08:23 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by ares834
Probably for the best if we ever want a sequel to be made.

a sequel was already planned anyway

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Oct 5th, 2020 08:41 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

plans ≠ greenlighting

this has to make a good deal of money for that happen

Your Lord knows very well what is in your heart. Your soul suffices this day as a reckoner against you. I need no witnesses. You do not listen to your soul, but listen instead to your anger and your rage.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2020 08:52 PM
Bashar Teg is currently offline Click here to Send Bashar Teg a Private Message Find more posts by Bashar Teg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The delay is for the best.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2020 10:13 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
fair point

also a fair point

laughing out loud

Yeah, for the book to be completed I think this is for the best. The young actors will age another year for the potential sequel, but that actually might work nicely.

I finished the book and loved it.

Old Post Oct 5th, 2020 11:13 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RONAKVALIA

You will get to know interesting things outside because this saliva has also been reviewed.

Old Post Oct 6th, 2020 03:19 AM
RONAKVALIA is currently offline Click here to Send RONAKVALIA a Private Message Find more posts by RONAKVALIA Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Natalie Dormer has a tattoo on her left forearm that reads: "Fear is the mind-killer"

Just makes me love her even more <3

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 21st, 2020 06:02 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I think this was pushed back a few more weeks just to help avoid too much competition with the new James Bond. Which I'm fine with. This needs to be set up for as much success as possible.

Old Post Jun 29th, 2021 11:53 PM
Patient_Leech is currently offline Click here to Send Patient_Leech a Private Message Find more posts by Patient_Leech Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

October 22, 2021 is the release date now.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Jun 30th, 2021 12:16 AM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
J888
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Robtard
October 22, 2021 is the release date now.
Does that include a date with negasonic teenage warhead?

Old Post Jun 30th, 2021 12:20 AM
J888 is currently offline Click here to Send J888 a Private Message Find more posts by J888 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

https://www.slashfilm.com/new-dune-...-imax-theaters/

New trailer on the 23rd. You can also go watch it in IMAX

Old Post Jul 13th, 2021 11:31 PM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mariland4
Restricted

Account Restricted

Looks dope, I just need the chick the cops cake after for to see it with 🐜 🐝

Old Post Jul 16th, 2021 09:35 PM
Mariland4 is currently offline Click here to Send Mariland4 a Private Message Find more posts by Mariland4 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Patient_Leech
System Failure

I am so ready to go nut all over the movie theater for this.

Old Post Jul 17th, 2021 12:29 AM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Haha me too. This film to wipe its ass with everything Disney Star Wars.

Old Post Jul 18th, 2021 10:43 PM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

what if it's awesome, but everyone's too dumb to realize because of the two-part format. i fear the masses of f*cktards who will try to find every reason to pick it to pieces because they don't understand the full scope of the story due to the delayed conclusion

Old Post Jul 18th, 2021 11:50 PM
jaden_2.0
Awful

Originally posted by Bashar Teg
what if it's awesome, but everyone's too dumb to realize because of the two-part format. i fear the masses of f*cktards who will try to find every reason to pick it to pieces because they don't understand the full scope of the story due to the delayed conclusion

This will be the likely outcome. Most high concept sci-fi gets panned these days. Blade Runner 2049, Arrival, Westworld, Raised by Wolves, Annihilation. General audiences don't do too well with difficult stuff like thinking.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 12:14 AM
jaden_2.0 is currently offline Click here to Send jaden_2.0 a Private Message Find more posts by jaden_2.0 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Left wing critics will no doubt complain about Paul being a "white savior."

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 01:17 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

I suppose it'll be their own fault if they fail to provide a satisfactory story with part 1, with a sufficient climax. it has to stand on its own as a film and entertain the uninitiated, not just stop short at some point of non-conclusion in a 100% adaptation and be like "to be continued". if not, it would be the intimate failure of dune in cinema by failing to get the sequel green lighted. it'd be known as "half dune", or maybe "du"

Last edited by Bashar Teg on Jul 19th, 2021 at 01:55 AM

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 01:51 AM
Bashar Teg
Senior Mentat

*ultimate failure. not intimate. thanks again autocorrect -_-

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 12:20 PM
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

The film is covering roughly half of the first book. Hopefully it will still be a self contained story incase we don't get part 2.

Old Post Jul 19th, 2021 01:51 PM