KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)

Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
Started by: steverules_2

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (119): « First ... « 39 40 [41] 42 43 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 12:15 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dadudemon

quote: (post)
Originally posted by steverules_2
TLJ? Think you've gotten mixed up there, guess this one is TROS

Correct. thumb up

Meant TRoS.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 07:48 PM
dadudemon is currently offline Click here to Send dadudemon a Private Message Find more posts by dadudemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Surtur
Restricted

Account Restricted

I will forever love these new movies if it turns out Snoke was a retarded failed clone of Sidious that also got bombarded with radiation as a child.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 09:11 PM
Surtur is currently offline Click here to Send Surtur a Private Message Find more posts by Surtur Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Tbh, I didn't think that much of the first trailer for this either, so not really sure whether I like it or this final trailer better, but either way, I think they're hiding a good enough amount as opposed to showing too much of the film.

Good trailer analysis from these guys as always.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 09:17 PM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime
Tbh, I didn't think that much of the first trailer for this either, so not really sure whether I like it or this final trailer better, but either way, I think they're hiding a good enough amount as opposed to showing too much of the film.

Good trailer analysis from these guys as always.

Yeah I like the AJ trailer analysis' that he does, a good 46 min video covering all the trailer and some bits that I missed

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 09:19 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ares834

Originally posted by Ridley_Prime

That's because the plot sucks and there is almost nothing to show. There were leaks of pretty much the entire film and the most recent trailer seems to have confirmed them. [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Basically it is yet another scavenger hunt for the MacGuffin "map". Except this time, it's Palpatine at the finish line rather then Luke. It's ass.

Last edited by ares834 on Oct 23rd, 2019 at 09:24 PM

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 09:21 PM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Remember they hid the Force Awakens plot as well. Was that not to spoil it for us? No. It was to get our asses in the theatre before we began complaining about it being dumb the way they are doing a repeat of ANH.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 10:34 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Originally posted by Surtur
I will forever love these new movies if it turns out Snoke was a retarded failed clone of Sidious that also got bombarded with radiation as a child.

Honestly?

I don't think Snoke will even be mentioned in IX...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 10:40 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Is Threepio going to die?

Place your bets.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 11:12 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
steverules_2

Originally posted by Impediment

Place your bets.

Certainly looks that way

I'm Bada's pimp

I created Raptor Bada, Donald, and Sparkles

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 11:20 PM
steverules_2 is online now! Click here to Send steverules_2 a Private Message Find more posts by steverules_2 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Probably, yeah.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 11:23 PM
StiltmanFTW is currently offline Click here to Send StiltmanFTW a Private Message Find more posts by StiltmanFTW Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Impediment
Endless

Or his memory gets wiped.

“Dreams shape the world."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 11:25 PM
Impediment is currently offline Click here to Send Impediment a Private Message Find more posts by Impediment Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Again, lol.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 11:35 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

Originally posted by Impediment

Place your bets.

They've killed a Legacy character in the two previous films, so I don't doubt they'll kill at least one in ep9. Could be C3PO.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 11:46 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
StiltmanFTW
CBvF

Lando most likely, too.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2019 11:53 PM
ares834

Yep. The new heroes are far too shallow and uninteresting to stand alongside the classic characters. So the classic characters have to be killed off to make room for the new ones.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 12:10 AM
ares834 is currently offline Click here to Send ares834 a Private Message Find more posts by ares834 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dr Will Hatch

I couldn't stand TFA and TLJ was even worse. This new trilogy isn't for me, so I'm going to skip TROS.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 01:59 AM
Dr Will Hatch is currently offline Click here to Send Dr Will Hatch a Private Message Find more posts by Dr Will Hatch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

I guess the new trilogy might be good if you're new to Star Wars.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 02:05 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Inhuman
|||||||||||||||||

For me the issue with the new trilogy is the characters are just uninteresting or just plain bad.
The story is not too good either but its the characters that ruin it for me. You can still have a sub par story and good characters can carry it.
Poe is the only new good character. Rey and Kylo are just ok only a small percentage of the time. The rest of the new cast are garbo. I could care less about their adventures, their growth, or if they die.

Take for example Rogue One. Most of the characters introduced in that film were good imo. And that is only 1 film. The new trilogy cast has had 3 movies to grow and they still suck.
I can even argue that the characters from the Solo movie are better than characters like Phasma, Fin, Rose, Holdo, etc.

Last edited by Inhuman on Oct 24th, 2019 at 02:47 AM

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 02:44 AM
Inhuman is currently offline Click here to Send Inhuman a Private Message Find more posts by Inhuman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
playa1258
Fear is the mind killer

Its the combo of bad story telling, bad characters and a SJW/feminist agenda that has crashed this trilogy.

Old Post Oct 24th, 2019 03:05 AM
playa1258 is currently offline Click here to Send playa1258 a Private Message Find more posts by playa1258 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote