KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Star Wars Versus Forum » Snoke vs sidious

Snoke vs sidious
Started by: DarthPlaguis12

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (27): « First ... « 2 3 [4] 5 6 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Zentrex
When your master chastises you, you don't resist. Dooku wouldn't have put up a force barrier. Thus, Snoke fully ragdolling someone from lightyears away > Sidious choking someone from lightyears away.

It's irrelevant, since Sidious probably could ragdoll someone from lightyears away anyway, but it's just that it's not more impressive than Snoke.
So Dooku wouldn't know what to expect when Sidious is angry? Nor was he trying to resist when he was frantically clawing at his own throat and being lifted in the air?

We're also under the assumption that Dooku's "resting defenses" are on par with Hux's? Ventress should have just choked him in his sleep instead of trying to poison and ambush him.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 03:35 AM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by One Big Mob
So Dooku wouldn't know what to expect when Sidious is angry? Nor was he trying to resist when he was frantically clawing at his own throat and being lifted in the air?

We're also under the assumption that Dooku's "resting defenses" are on par with Hux's? Ventress should have just choked him in his sleep instead of trying to poison and ambush him.

No, not intentionally. You don't resist in the presence of your superior. The clawing at the throat is a natural human response, nothing can be done about it.

You can take your resting defenses down, can't you?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 03:54 AM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by relentless1
lol then what does determine superiority Quan ya dumb f*ck?? an actor saying so??? all we have is feats, its not my fault that they dont support your guy, I noticed that you dont ever back your claims up with any feats when you know there isn't for your guy... you just try to bulls*t your way out... just let it go man you've lost this one... you should be used to that feeling by now
Peer comparisons is what matters not just one off feats. Snoke’s superiority isn’t determined because of the force bridge feat it is due to the disparity between he and Rey. Powerscalimg and the fact Luke was fearful of her raw strength and seeing what a Snoke did to her. He’s unrivaled in terms of power. Sidious was never this powerful. He was in awe of Vader. He stalemated Yoda. Sidious was powerful but to the degree Snoke showed he’d get ragdolled by Snoke at will.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:04 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

Sidious' feats paint a picture of superiority, Snoke has barely any feats to speak of when it comes to a one v one fight; your conjectures about who Lukes afraid of and all that bs... if you want context then here it is: Luke was afraid of Reys potential... key word is POTENTIAL... Snoke was able to rag Rey because she's nowhere near reached hers... is that really hard to understand for you??

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 05:13 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

No, not intentionally. You don't resist in the presence of your superior. The clawing at the throat is a natural human response, nothing can be done about it.

Do you always have to rely on your assumptions?

If your superior was about to kill you you’d just take it? You sound like an idiot.

It’s obvious Sidious is way stronger then dooku.

But with you there’s always gotta be some stupid theory, like Luke wouldn’t beat Rey up cause she might hurt herself with her saber or Jedi are pacifist but pacifist isn’t the right word.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 08:13 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Snoke also had knowledge of how to create force bonds, and he did it without a ritual. Well, we don't know that, but he did it on a whim, and apparently without Kylo's knowledge, whereas Sidious needed a long winded ritual which required Dooku's blood and involvement.

So this doesn't do anything for Sidious.

He just used another method ya ****, did you even see the scene? He used dookues blood because dooku had a connection with Yoda.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 08:16 AM
Click here to Send DarthPlaguis12 a Private Message Find more posts by DarthPlaguis12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by One Big Mob

Starting to think he’s a troll like quan. Some of his answers are just....wow

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 08:16 AM
Sinious
Yo Da Best

@Zentrex, you do realize that even Vader has much better feats than Snoke, right?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 11:39 AM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Nah he thinks some mind bridge and force choking a non human is just wow and that Luke in TLJ was somehow better then yoda n Sidious

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 11:53 AM
Zentrex
Hi!

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
Do you always have to rely on your assumptions?

If your superior was about to kill you you’d just take it? You sound like an idiot.

It’s obvious Sidious is way stronger then dooku.

But with you there’s always gotta be some stupid theory, like Luke wouldn’t beat Rey up cause she might hurt herself with her saber or Jedi are pacifist but pacifist isn’t the right word.

You are under the impression that I believe Sidious couldn't force choke Dooku with his guards up. I don't. I just pointed out the fact that he was choking an unguarded Dooku in that scene, and thus that feat isn't worth mentioning as one of Sidious' greatest. I even said, in my next comment, "It's irrelevant, since Sidious probably could ragdoll someone from lightyears away anyway, but it's just that it's not more impressive than Snoke" "Snoke" in that sentence meaning the force bridge feat. As for why I believe Dooku was unguarded:

You think of it as an assumption, but it's the only way it makes sense to me. It's like Han and Leia kissing in Empire and me "assuming" they're in love. Not everything has to be explicitly stated for the audience to just understand based on how people react in real life.

And Sidious was not going to kill Dooku. What he did was more akin to a slap on the wrist. Maybe on the face. But it was just a warning.

Originally posted by DarthPlaguis12
He just used another method ya ****, did you even see the scene? He used dookues blood because dooku had a connection with Yoda.

I know this will be hard to justify for either of us, since this scene predates the new canon and wasn't even meant to be a "force bridge" feat when it was created, but I'm under the impression that the reason he had to use a long winded ritual which required Dooku to be doing it with him is because he couldn't do it on a whim.

I mean, if you had a choice between using a ritual and just doing it with your powers, you'd choose the latter, right? The only reason someone would use a ritual is because they can't use their powers. Also, rituals give you excess power, so if you can't do something with your innate raw power, you should be able to do it with the ritual, implying that Sidious didn't have the raw power to create the bridge without the ritual.

Originally posted by Sinious
@Zentrex, you do realize that even Vader has much better feats than Snoke, right?

Unless Vader's got some celestial feats, he doesn't have anything on the force bridge. No telekinetic feat, unless it's the kind of thing legends did, will ever be superior to the force bridge. You're attacking this concept from many different angles, but what you have to prove to me is that the Force bridge isn't one of an ancient, lost, powerful abilities which can defend against the creatures from the unknown regions, and the likes of which Vader and Sidious were confounded by.
Because that's what has ultimately convinced me, and what will ultimately unconvince me, unless you actually do have some celestial feat in canon.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 03:01 PM
Click here to Send Zentrex a Private Message Find more posts by Zentrex Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sinious
Yo Da Best

Unless Vader's got some celestial feats, he doesn't have anything on the force bridge. No telekinetic feat, unless it's the kind of thing legends did, will ever be superior to the force bridge. You're attacking this concept from many different angles, but what you have to prove to me is that the Force bridge isn't one of an ancient, lost, powerful abilities which can defend against the creatures from the unknown regions, and the likes of which Vader and Sidious were confounded by.
Because that's what has ultimately convinced me, and what will ultimately unconvince me, unless you actually do have some celestial feat in canon.
No, I don't have to prove why the bridge feat doesn't put Snoke above Sidious. You have to explain why one non combat applicable and near impossible to quantify force feat puts him above the GOAT.

Regarding what you said in response to DP12: I haven't read what was said before, but I don't understand why you guys assume what Snoke did is the exact same of what Palpatine did with Dooku and Yoda. More importantly, is it stated that Snoke didn't use any form of ritual to pull it off?

The most important question is, how do any of this keep Vader from force choking Snoke?

"That is why you fail."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:29 PM
Click here to Send Sinious a Private Message Find more posts by Sinious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

And protecting from the force is a natural reaction from a force wielder. Why would he keep his wits about him not to try and save his life because he's scared of Sidious? There's a difference between not questioning someone and doing all you can to not get choked. It doesn't have to be offense against Sidious, it just has to be some protection.
You yourself already admitted he could have likely choked him anyway, so why are we assuming he just had no defenses in place or set them up when he was trying to stop getting choked, and what would it matter?

Plus the Sith training we've seen has a lot to do with the Masters shitting on the students and forcing them to do something.

I can't, not to that degree. However, now we're under the assumption that Dooku's resting defenses would be under some none force sensitive? How does that make sense? What is stopping some Sith Academy trainee from choking Dooku from another room if that's the case? Why wouldn't Ventress just choke him to death in his sleep? Etc
The people who have choked other Force Users have been massively powerful in the force. Even Savage's rage was played up severely when he did it to Dooku.

But let's shift it away from the distance here since that's what this feat is (unquantifiable distances so we assume equal ground).
A Stormtrooper and one of the most powerful Jedi of all times who then gets his powers amped by being a Sith are just standing in the same room.

Are we to believe that it'd be harder to ragdoll the Stormtrooper than it would be to force choke and levitate the *unnamed* Sith Lord?

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 04:40 PM
Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rockydonovang
freedom fighter

there's holistic arguments to be made for snoke.

Feat wise, clouding the jedi order and unbalancing the galaxy prolly beats Snoke's light year feat.

Sidious is likely the better combatant anyway by virtue of being virtually unparalleled in swordmanship.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 06:10 PM
Click here to Send Rockydonovang a Private Message Find more posts by Rockydonovang Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

You’re assuming he had no defense up, always assumptions with you, then you assume dooku would allow Sidious to just kill him. Kissing n choking isn’t the same thing dumbass.

It’s just another method I’d achieving the same goal, I’ve explained this several times to you, is your head made of Stone? I know a bit about the occult, the act of using blood boosts the power in the ritual, since he was connecting the mind of yoda and not two nobodies like Kylo n Rey it makes sense. So from what i know...I’d go with what Sidious did

Vader lifting imperial walkers, Vader beating a squadron of rebel fighters, him beating 200 rebels...yeah he’s better then Snoke feat wise

Bro the bridge isn’t that I,pressive stfu....Kylo n Rey were too dumb to know what was being done Snoke even said so

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

The willful ignorance demonstrated in this thread is cringe-worthy, tbh.

I feel like Zentrex has to be trolling at this point.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:24 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthPlaguis12
Restricted

Account Restricted

Yup, I sense he is

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:51 PM
One Big Mob
Dead

Zentrex just loves blowing Snoke up your anus holes imo.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 07:57 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

You're in this too, bran.

Zentrex was tongueslapping you right in your Snoke-hole... Vigorously, tbh. thumb up

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2018 08:14 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by relentless1
Sidious' feats paint a picture of superiority, Snoke has barely any feats to speak of when it comes to a one v one fight; your conjectures about who Lukes afraid of and all that bs... if you want context then here it is: Luke was afraid of Reys potential... key word is POTENTIAL... Snoke was able to rag Rey because she's nowhere near reached hers... is that really hard to understand for you??
Not really since he was yoda’s peer. He outright lost skill wise to Windu. Vader beat him without the force or a weapon.

Luke states who he is fearful of. Luke also lost his balance when Rey came at him with a light saber. Kylo was unable to overpower her. She is extremely powerful due to Kylo’s rise in power. Snoke is just on another level unlike Luke who was beaten by Ben and looked bad against Rey. Some of that has to do with Luke’s vacation from the force until the end of the film.

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 03:02 AM
Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
relentless1
Dark Overlord of KMC

lmao... quan youre a terrible troll... the guy who constantly likes to use context to explain batman v superman is really gonna ignore context here eh?? obviously Luke was startled by Reys sudden viciousness... at NO POINT in that skirmish did she have the upper hand on him... notice that he had caught himself with the Force before he even touched ground....youre a hypocrite and i dont deal with hypocrites because you people dont have a proper tether to reality so im just wasting my time... fact is the Snoke has no feats to back up your claims that he'd beat Sidious in a fight... your retorts are cringeworthy and devoid of merit, learn to live with the shame of your defeat here pleb

Old Post Jun 24th, 2018 09:37 AM
Click here to Send relentless1 a Private Message Find more posts by relentless1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote