KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Mutants vs. Super Soldiers

Mutants vs. Super Soldiers
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « First ... « 2 3 [4]   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

quote: (post)
Originally posted by TheVaultDweller
Nemebro already posted the Vanessa clip, but here it is again. You can very clearly see his head turn, follow the bullet, and then still make an effort to go after it (obviously, he was too slow), but it gets the point across.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34LHRsiaCD8

Actually, my argument regarding Ozy is that being able to catch one bullet and then getting floored in the process doesn't mean that you can continually avoid punches and kicks from someone who also has enhanced speed.

And anyway, Wade and Ozy's feats are not the same. Casually cutting a bullet in half with a precision strike > falling over while catching one. So, comparing feats, Wade would be faster than Ozy as well.

But yeah, I am done here. Accept the clip I just posted. Or don't. Not bothered either way.

That Vanessa clip is actually more consistent with DP's regular speed. Tracking a bullet flying across the breadth of the room but being too slow to do no more than turn your head and take a step in it's direction AFTER it has passed you is quite a lot slower than being able to cut a bullet in half which was fired at you from point blank range. This speed feat I have no issues accepting.

But again, it only emphasizes my point: That the bullet cutting feat is very inconsistent with DP's general speed. If he truly was capable of that kind of speed then in this clip with Vanessa, he should have easily been able to reach out and push that bullet in a different trajectory so as to miss Vanessa. Or heck even just outright block it with the brick he's holding.

Last edited by FrothByte on Jun 21st, 2018 at 05:25 PM

Old Post Jun 21st, 2018 05:21 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by FrothByte
Ozy being not much faster than Cap is no issue for me. Same thing as DP being not that much faster than Cap is no issue for me.

However, it seemed that you and Vault were implying he was much faster, and to use the bullet-cut scene as a basis for his speed would have made him a speedster at least faster than Wonder Woman... which would make him a lot faster than Cap. That's what I have issues with because it's completely out of character for DP to be attributed that kind of speed.
Deadpool is much faster than Cap though. He's much faster than Ozymandias as well.

And no, Diana is faster still than Deadpool. thumb up

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:18 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Yeah because 2 posts pointing out an inconsistency which you would rather just ignore is me trying Really Hard to discredit any kind of superhuman speed.

You are a moron.
I addressed the inconsistency you claimed however. Are you not paying attention?

Why the hostility friendo?

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:41 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by FrothByte
Edit: And yes: Luddendorf, Ares and Steppenwolf tagging WW is a consistency problem, since none of these characters have displayed any feat to match WW's supposed super speed.
Sure they have, they tagged Diana, though the former two examples don't really count towards current Diana because she hadn't awakened at that point in time.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2018 04:42 AM