KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman

Who would be a bigger global threat?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Thor 18 45.00%
Superman 22 55.00%
Total: 40 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Who would be a bigger threat: Thor vs. Superman
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (40): « First ... « 4 5 [6] 7 8 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Robtard
Senor Member

Asgardians weapons magical or not, are superior to human bullets. Bullets have bounced off Asgardians and Loki (some sort of Frost Giant changed by Odin's magic), while Asgardian blades can harm them.

It was also explicitly noted in Ragnarok that Asgardians have exceptionally durable skin.

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 29th, 2018 at 04:26 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:20 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

^ Its Also been noted a few timed in Agents of Shield.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:29 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by h1a8
I'llTechnically, if we go off the movies then Thor wouldn't be moving faster than they can track. You got seeking missiles that will knock him for a loop (stun him momentarily), etc. And I'm not even considering the nuke arsenal. Nukes wouldn't be necessary.

Jets don't have to get close and they move faster than the speed of sound.
Thor will be shot from a good distance away. Thor only created a tornado from a close vicinity to him.
Plus that would be arguing out of character. Thor wouldn't think of tornados if jets are coming and shooting the shit out of him.
His lightning would be no good as they are moving faster than he can perceive (with evasive actions).

There are millions of bullets coming his way.

You have to prove the dagger was SIGNIFICANTLY stronger than steel.
Wasn't you a proponent of the WW cut DD with a normal sword?

Post the scene where his dagger glows blue.

Can't he just use the bifrost to teleport away from them? Also, lightning would prove enought to bring down missiles and jets.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:34 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rage.Of.Olympus

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
Because not all planets are the same. A rocky planet like Earth would present to be much tougher than an Ice planet like Jotunheim.

But surely it would be enough to destroy buildings and cause massive damage on the surface.

But destroying an entire planet like Earth... It sounds too much Star Wars to me.

*Sigh*

What is an ice planet?

Jotunheim is a planet with a colder climate. If you time-traveled to an earlier period of Earth, it would look like the home of the Frost Giants throughout multiple points in its history.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:01 PM
Rage.Of.Olympus is currently offline Click here to Send Rage.Of.Olympus a Private Message Find more posts by Rage.Of.Olympus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
*Sigh*

What is an ice planet?

Jotunheim is a planet with a colder climate. If you time-traveled to an earlier period of Earth, it would look like the home of the Frost Giants throughout multiple points in its history.

Okay first of all, the surface is covered with ice!

We saw it in the first scene of Thor. When Thor summoned a lightning all the surface began to crumble.

Also, when the Bifrost was active we saw the surface's distruction (which I already pointed to be covered in ice). We didn't saw the entire planet bursting or the mantle/core getting damaged (these would be made of rock like Earth's crust should you be right).

So saying that the Bifrost could destroy Earth would be a speculation. Can it destroy buildings, cars and kill humans? I would think so.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:07 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master

Now, prove your claims.

I don’t see where the dagger glowed blue. I see Loki stab a frost giant and his wound glow, not Loki’s blade. Loki stabbed Thor and the blade didn’t glow.

Also the other asgardian weapons aren’t glowing when they stab the giants.

Originally posted by Robtard
Asgardians weapons magical or not, are superior to human bullets. Bullets have bounced off Asgardians and Loki (some sort of Frost Giant changed by Odin's magic), while Asgardian blades can harm them.

It was also explicitly noted in Ragnarok that Asgardians have exceptionally durable skin.
Standard knives can penetrate bulletproof vests.
Being bulletproof doesn’t necessarily mean knife proof.
Plus ice easily cut through the asgardians.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:30 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

It glowed blue at least 4 separate times, so either you're blind or a troll. which is it?

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:33 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

It glowed blue at least 4 separate times, so either you're blind or a troll. which is it?
Give me the time stamps. I don’t see where it glowed.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:39 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Because your blind.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:41 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Because your blind.

Ok I see him throwing something (an energy dagger?).
It could be a glowing dagger or just energy object.

The dagger Loki stabbed Thor with didnt glow.
And neither did the other asgardian weapons.

And how do explain the Asgardians getting stabbed by ice?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:53 PM
Robtard
Senor Member

TIL: Asgardians are less durable than bullet proof vest
TIL: Ice insta-created by the Frost Giants is just regular ice

H1 does to Thor what Quanchi does to Superman. Kek

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:57 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Yeah theyre basically the same.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 06:07 PM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Ok I see him throwing something (an energy dagger?).
It could be a glowing dagger or just energy object.

The dagger Loki stabbed Thor with didnt glow.
And neither did the other asgardian weapons.

And how do explain the Asgardians getting stabbed by ice?

At this point its' clear that your just trolling.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 06:07 PM
h1a8

TIL: Asgardians are less durable than bullet proof vest
TIL: Ice insta-created by the Frost Giants is just regular ice

TIL?

Bulletproof doesn’t mean stab proof. That’s the point.
You must prove that standard knives can’t cut through Asgardians. You can’t use the bulletproof argument (unless it’s aircraft bullets).
Stop moving the goalposts.

The ice has no feats.
It was getting destroyed with ease. Thor’s hammer throws. IM survived a Thor hammer throw and aircraft bullets penetrated him.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 06:09 PM
h1a8

At this point its' clear that your just trolling.

Prove it. Counter my points.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 06:10 PM
Silent Master

Prove it. Counter my points.

If you want to play this game, ok. you essentially claimed it was as an energy dagger/object rather than a magical dagger.

Prove it.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 06:13 PM
h1a8

If you want to play this game, ok. you essentially claimed it was as an energy dagger/object rather than a magical dagger.

Prove it.

I’m saying it could be either. We don’t know. That’s the point.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 06:18 PM
Silent Master

I’m saying it could be either. We don’t know. That’s the point.

If you want to claim it was somethin other than the daggers Loki has been shown to use on multiple occasions across several movies. Prove it, show examples from the movies where Loki is shown to posses energy weapons.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 06:23 PM
emporerpants

H1, did...you just argue that Thor wouldn't do a certain tactic I mentioned because it is out of character...in a thread about Thor and Superman essentially competing in who could f*** up the earth the most/be the biggest threat?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 06:40 PM
emporerpants is currently offline Click here to Send emporerpants a Private Message Find more posts by emporerpants Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

@ H1

That means: "Today I Learned"

No, I don't have to prove that Asgardians are durable enough to withstand a regular human man knife, logic dictates that they are as we've seen then handle greater.

Also of note and you've been told this before, an Asgardian nigh-midget scrub casually crumbled a tactical knife in his hand without a single scratch.

The Frost Giant ice-weapons do have feats, they're strong enough to damage Asgardian armor and skin smile

Any other ridiculous low-ballings?

Last edited by Robtard on Aug 29th, 2018 at 07:40 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 07:37 PM