KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movies » Movie Discussion » Movie Versus Forum » Faora vs. Thanos

Faora vs. Thanos
Started by: carthage

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): « 1 [2] 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

quote: (post)
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
Spiderman is the biggest jobber of the mcu. It's hardly a fair comparison

Originally posted by NemeBro
Spidey is both a giant b!tch in the MCU as well as much slower than Faora.

In terms of raw speed I agree. Faora is faster than spidey.

But in terms of agility and senses Spiderman doesn't stay far. Also, notice that Thanos effortlessly pinned Spidey dispite Strange constantly teleporting him.

In other words, Thanos isn't that slow either.

Furthermore, Faora although fast isn't a speedster. She ain't running forever nor is she fast enough to make a statue of Thanos.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 02:51 AM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Faora will get hit. But it will be like 1 hit for every 5-10 she gets in.

So she will need a fair bit of strength and durability for this fight. Her speed wont cut it alone.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 06:24 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

Except Faora herself is quite strong. Strong enough to match Superman for a bit. So while I agree that Thanos is stronger, I don't see why people think Thanos is that much stronger.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 06:30 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by Darth Thor
Faora will get hit.
Why, exactly, do you think so?

Other than the cruise missile that hit Faora while she was suffering sensory overload, when was she ever hit by anyone who wasn't Superman? And if she was, was it in combat?

Faora is so much faster than Thanos he'd be punching in slow motion. Actually, he'd be a statue to her.

The MCU is much slower than DCEU Kryptonians my man.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Other than the cruise missile that hit Faora while she was suffering sensory overload, when was she ever hit by anyone who wasn't Superman? And if she was, was it in combat?

Faora is so much faster than Thanos he'd be punching in slow motion. Actually, he'd be a statue to her.

Going by the speed we see her move at.

It wasnt JL Flash/Superman level. Closer to Wonder Woman level.

Originally posted by FrothByte
Except Faora herself is quite strong. Strong enough to match Superman for a bit. So while I agree that Thanos is stronger, I don't see why people think Thanos is that much stronger.

What was Supermans best strength feat as of MOS though? Bearing in mind he was stronger than Faora.

Last edited by Darth Thor on Aug 28th, 2018 at 11:53 AM

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 11:51 AM
Darth Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Okay. Idk where you got that from TBH.

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 12:55 PM
Josh_Alexander is currently offline Click here to Send Josh_Alexander a Private Message Find more posts by Josh_Alexander Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Grimes
Devil On Your Shoulder

Faora beats him to death after a somewhat lengthy fight.

Not today, not tomorrow...

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 02:53 PM
Adam Grimes is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Grimes a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Grimes Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Robtard
Senor Member

Faora has a very high level of strength. She nearly matched Superman. She threw him across town with enough speed and strength where he dented a large bank vault after crashing into it. She then jumped several hundred feet into the air when attacking the A-10 Warthog.

As far as speed, she's ridiculously faster than Thanos. Her speed-blitz proves that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWTbLZCR84k

You've Just Been Kirked To The Curb

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 07:34 PM
Robtard is currently offline Click here to Send Robtard a Private Message Find more posts by Robtard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arachnid1

Spidey is both a giant b!tch in the MCU
I would flame tf out of you on principle rn if this wasn't true.

:/

PWNT

Old Post Aug 28th, 2018 09:19 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Considering she only fought humans... and she was getting tagged by bullets left and right. Even at her speediest in mid speed. Couldn't even aim dodge

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:52 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Thor

Originally posted by One Big Mob
Considering she only fought humans...

Right... So she never fought a guy like say Superman?

Originally posted by One Big Mob
and she was getting tagged by bullets left and right. Even at her speediest in mid speed. Couldn't even aim dodge

Because Thanos is faster than bullets?

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 08:23 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Right... So she never fought a guy like say Superman?

Because Thanos is faster than bullets?
"When was she ever hit by anyone that wasn't Superman?"

She fought humans and Superman. She was hit by a lot of things by both.

Never said that, but the humans were keeping a steady line of fire on her even in the midst of her superspeed. Which means she isn't so fast she's beyond human perception.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 01:03 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

She would randomly stop though. That's when they would be able to shoot her. She wasn't actively trying to dodge bullets either. I guess the writer wanted to show that she is bullet proof (as the reason Superman always get hit by bullets). WW on the other hand MUST dodge or deflect bullets. I also don't count the time she leaped in the air.

So I don't think Faora getting hit by bullets is a knock on her speed. Especially when she wasn't actively trying to avoid them. And when she did blitz, it was faster than humans could perceive (faster than I can perceive and I have great perceptions). Personally, I think those soliders had above real human reactions and shooting skills because of how quick they were on her after she stopped in her blitz.

-General Zod: Superman II

Last edited by h1a8 on Aug 29th, 2018 at 02:11 PM

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 02:09 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Originally posted by h1a8
She would randomly stop though. That's when they would be able to shoot her. She wasn't actively trying to dodge bullets either. I guess the writer wanted to show that she is bullet proof (as the reason Superman always get hit by bullets). WW on the other hand MUST dodge or deflect bullets. I also don't count the time she leaped in the air.

So I don't think Faora getting hit by bullets is a knock on her speed. Especially when she wasn't actively trying to avoid them. And when she did blitz, it was faster than humans could perceive (faster than I can perceive and I have great perceptions). Personally, I think those soliders had above real human reactions and shooting skills because of how quick they were on her after she stopped in her blitz.

And yet humans wouldnt be able to perceive Spidey either. Thanos did.

So, whether she will be able to avoid getting pinned by Thanos remains unknown.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 02:15 PM
Darth Thor

I literally could see her move.

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
And yet humans wouldnt be able to perceive Spidey either. Thanos did.

So, whether she will be able to avoid getting pinned by Thanos remains unknown.

Lol she was way faster than Spidey. And Spidey has massively inferior strength so is easy for Thanos to pin.

So Bad comparison.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:26 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

Lol she was way faster than Spidey. And Spidey has massively inferior strength so is easy for Thanos to pin.

So Bad comparison.

There is a difference between speed and reflexes. And if it's true that Faora's speed is overall above Spidey's level, she ain't a speedster (she isn't running indefinetly).

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:36 PM
Josh_Alexander
Keeper of Cosmic Balance

So Bad comparison.

I agree Faora is faster than Spiderman. But Thanos' reflexes are good enought to catch a teleporting spiderman (the speed at which Spiderman was moving plus he just disappearing and appearing). I believe that Thanos could catch Faora should she underestimate Thanos.

Also, Faora being fast doesn't mean she can sprint forever.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:40 PM
Silent Master

And when she did blitz, it was faster than humans could perceive (faster than I can perceive and I have great perceptions).

You must be half blind because I was able to track her movements and so was Darth.

You might want to make an appointment with an optometrist.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 04:43 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
h1a8

Originally posted by Silent Master
You must be half blind because I was able to track her movements and so was Darth.

You might want to make an appointment with an optometrist.

When she was blitzing, you can see her as a blur but you couldn’t react. She’s not moving so fast as to becoming invisible. Remember size and distance matters.

Originally posted by Josh_Alexander
I agree Faora is faster than Spiderman. But Thanos' reflexes are good enought to catch a teleporting spiderman (the speed at which Spiderman was moving plus he just disappearing and appearing). I believe that Thanos could catch Faora should she underestimate Thanos.

Also, Faora being fast doesn't mean she can sprint forever.

Spider-Man was moving many times slower in that teleporting scene. I could catch him myself, provided I was strong enough. After he appeared, he had time to say a sentence (magic with a kick).

So Bad comparison.

Of course. You see a blur. When she is zipping you can’t react to where she zips to. She can basically hit you from a distance before you can flinch.
That’s the point. Let’s not argue semantics.

-General Zod: Superman II

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:37 PM
h1a8 is currently offline Click here to Send h1a8 a Private Message Find more posts by h1a8 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Silent Master

Yet, you couldn't see her. so that means our eyes > your eyes.

I don't know why some of you are going on about being right and winning. Rob and Impediment were in on this gag because I PMed them. Silent and Rao PMed me and figured I changed the post. I highly doubt anybody thought Quan made the post, but simply played along just for the lulz.

Old Post Aug 29th, 2018 05:41 PM
Silent Master is currently offline Click here to Send Silent Master a Private Message Find more posts by Silent Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote