KMC Forums

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Already a member? Log-in!

Home » Star Wars » Star Wars: Literature & Expanded Universe » Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread

Darth Vader - Comic Book Thread
Started by: Galan007

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (48): « First ... « 38 39 [40] 41 42 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Barron-Ghidorah
Galan do you think the current gap between Vader and Palpatine is larger than it was in the old eu, where he had 80% of Sidious’ power?

It’s interesting that when Vader saves Luke he’s able to handle more powerful force lightning than he does here and keep walking, even though he was exhausted from fighting Luke.

And now that I think about it his hand was missing and the wires and circuitry were exposed which should have made the damage from sidious’ lightning even worse, considering it was the sole reason Vader never used force lightning.
If Vader’s hand wasn’t cut off I wonder if he could have survived RoTJ
Palpatine raped Vader with almost no visible effort whatsoever(literal finger flicks and casual hand gestures) -- it was reminiscent of the ease in which Snoke clowned Rey in TLJ. Granted Vader was emotionally compromised, but I still think the gap between them is larger than 20% if this issue was even a remote indicator of how an all-out fight between them would play-out.

On the lightning note: Vader was still able to advance all the way up the stairwell, despite Palpatine's lightning barrage bypassing his saber and directly contacting him... So there's that. /shrug

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2020 05:26 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

Lucas holds Vader to be weaker than Qui-Gon or Maul and indicates he could instantly be killed by Palpatine. The gap in Legends is way bigger for sure.

One of the countless reasons why Legends is better. thumb up

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Last edited by Jaggarath on Oct 19th, 2020 at 07:54 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2020 07:43 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

It's a shame, too.

Canon started off very promising -- most of the stuff that was released(aside from the films lulz) was enjoyable. But the overall quality has taken a pretty sharp nosedive over the last few years. There's still some great canon material being produced, but it's certainly not a prevalent as at was at the beginning.

sad

Old Post Oct 19th, 2020 08:10 PM
Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

Not saying I disagree that some of the canon stuff released was often quite poor (especially the ST), but why Vader being below Jinn or Maul is inherently a good thing?

Last edited by Darthadi on Oct 19th, 2020 at 08:21 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2020 08:18 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jaggarath
DarthAnt66

It's a more compelling story when Anakin's deal with the devil actually causes him to lose the thing that made him special.

"There is only Revan. Only he can shape this galaxy as it is meant to be shaped."

Old Post Oct 19th, 2020 08:28 PM
Click here to Send Jaggarath a Private Message Find more posts by Jaggarath Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darthadi

He doesn't have to be below Jinn for that.
I believe he still lost his Father tier potential even in canon (after all Palpatine wanted to replace him with Luke) as well as his humanity and all his loved ones. He is also trapped in a life support suit for the rest of his life while being Palpatine's slave.
I would say the pact with the devil still costed him dearly and the last comic couldn't make this more clear.

Last edited by Darthadi on Oct 19th, 2020 at 08:38 PM

Old Post Oct 19th, 2020 08:30 PM
Click here to Send Darthadi a Private Message Find more posts by Darthadi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Anakin before being mauled was growing so fast that he would've soon surpassed Sidious himself. As Darth Vader instead, he never managed to surpass the emperor in 20+ years. Hell, Sidious may overal have even grown more than him in power. He surely wasn't as gifted as he was before the suit

Old Post Oct 19th, 2020 10:41 PM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xPRIMEx

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Galan007
Palpatine raped Vader with almost no visible effort whatsoever(literal finger flicks and casual hand gestures) -- it was reminiscent of the ease in which Snoke clowned Rey in TLJ. Granted Vader was emotionally compromised, but I still think the gap between them is larger than 20% if this issue was even a remote indicator of how an all-out fight between them would play-out.

On the lightning note: Vader was still able to advance all the way up the stairwell, despite Palpatine's lightning barrage bypassing his saber and directly contacting him... So there's that. /shrug

To be fair, Vader wasn’t fighting back and he was emotionally compromised. I don’t think an all out fight would be as one sided.

Old Post Oct 20th, 2020 04:57 PM
Click here to Send xPRIMEx a Private Message Find more posts by xPRIMEx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Nov 6th, 2020 12:51 PM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

Recent issue a transition in story. Vader seems to be trying to figure out what is Palpatine's secret power( Essence transfer?)

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 08:13 AM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 03:54 PM
Eli Vanto
Tactical Prodigy

Why does Ochi, an assassin, know more about what Sidious is up to then his own apprentice?

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 04:02 PM
Click here to Send Eli Vanto a Private Message Find more posts by Eli Vanto Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

I assume because of Vader's potentials. Palpatine only gave Vader very limited knowledge of dark side so it is reasonable Palpatine never let vader know his real plans

Last edited by qwertyuiop1998 on Nov 12th, 2020 at 04:13 PM

Old Post Nov 12th, 2020 04:09 PM
Click here to Send qwertyuiop1998 a Private Message Find more posts by qwertyuiop1998 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Issue #8 preview:
(please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image) (please log in to view the image)

Palpatine casually sensing everything that is happening to Vader, while chilling on Coruscant.

Old Post Dec 10th, 2020 02:20 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 01:41 AM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 01:41 AM
qwertyuiop1998
The Vampire

From what I've seen. Vader has kept doing pretty well when he was heavily injured and forbidden using the force so far

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 04:41 AM
victreebelvictr
Flowey's Only Friend

Thanks for the scans Galan. thumb up

I hope we get to learn more about that bug thing. It is intriguing to me that he works for Sidious, so says Vader anyway.

I thought it was going to be Cronal for whatever reason.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 05:07 AM
Click here to Send victreebelvictr a Private Message Find more posts by victreebelvictr Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Total Warrior
Dark Councilor

Cool

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 10:06 AM
Click here to Send Total Warrior a Private Message Find more posts by Total Warrior Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

I'm assuming now that Vader has the wayfinder, he'll travel to Exegol and discover Palapatine's "secret".

And if Vader figures out that Palpatine has clone bodies waiting to receive his essence, it really muddies the waters in terms of him "killing" Palps in RotJ. Like, if Vader knew that Palpatine was potentially going to hop into another vessel, why wouldn't he have let Luke know?

Old Post Dec 17th, 2020 02:26 PM