KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Moon Rebuilding vs City Evacuation

Moon Rebuilding vs City Evacuation
Started by: abhilegend

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): « 1 [2] 3 4 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Yeah but you then have to assume he's not collecting more than one piece and fusing it as he flies along, then fusing a second piece etc.

So you do the calc smile

@Bentley: I already edited...

Abhi:
(please log in to view the image)

laughing out loud

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:04 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
riv6672

I love a good abhi “i’m going to ask a question re: Superman i have a preconceived opinion on, and steadily disagree w. any differing opinion no matter what evidence is presented to support it” thread.
smile

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 10:18 AM
riv6672 is currently offline Click here to Send riv6672 a Private Message Find more posts by riv6672 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Flash was intended by the writer to be moving sub-c, as the scans clearly state twice. Superman obviously wins by default.

Anywho, the thing that really impressed me about Superman's feat(other than how damn fast he did it) is that he rebuilt the moon complete with its previous craters and general topography, ffs:

Asinine.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 01:15 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

thumb up it's a good mental feat as well. Can any of you recreate your entire house from memory, including all the weird paint features and the random cracks?

Now scale up to a block. A town. A city. The Moon...lol.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 01:18 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Exactly. So there was clearly more to it than him just randomly throwing moon chunks together and letting gravity do the rest. This was a very precise reconstruction.

It's also not an unprecedented memory feat for Supes. This is the same dude who was able to recall how to build a Miracle Machine from scratch, just by glancing at Brainiac's MM for a few seconds.

Last edited by Galan007 on Oct 4th, 2018 at 01:31 PM

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 01:21 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Galan007
...he rebuilt the moon complete with its previous craters and general topography...
quote:
...This was a very precise reconstruction.
Good point. I had not considered this aspect of the feat.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 02:53 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

The Flash feat is one of the most amazing showings of speed-with-dexterity feats in all of comics. Maybe the greatest of them all (while there are some characters shown to have travelled faster, none were simultaneously searching, finding and evacuating people).

It’s one of the best speed feats ever.

But that Superman feat! Damn!

Not only did he go and find little pieces that were scattered randomly, not only did he put them all together in a large 3D puzzle type of way (note it’s not just the surface pieces, but EVERYTHING from the core through the mantle to the core ...it really is an impossible feat). And putting it all together in a couple of seconds while maintaining how it looked at the surface level.

While the Flash feat MAY be faster (due to time/speed operating at a log scale of magnitude), the Superman feat definitely IS better.

The Flash feat was an outcome of sheer overwhelming speed.

The Superman feat included crazy speed, crazy memorization, crazy understanding of topography and geology, crazy intelligence of his pieces fit into each other in a THREE DIMENSIONAL sphere.

It is literally insane, and would fit perfectly in the Pre-Crisis days.

Insane

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 04:34 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkSaint85

Phildo and I are preparing a document. It will win the Nobel prize.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 04:38 PM
DarkSaint85 is currently offline Click here to Send DarkSaint85 a Private Message Find more posts by DarkSaint85 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magnon

Superman's feat got a "wow" out of Batman. That's unprecedented. And insurmountable.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 04:44 PM
Magnon is currently offline Click here to Send Magnon a Private Message Find more posts by Magnon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

The flash feat was calculated at like trillions of times ftl.

I think Philo gave a number akin to quintillioms of times ftl but I didn't see a calc with it.

I'd love some hard numbers, but we need to know the average size of the pieces

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 04:45 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

It seems some of the Superman feat happens off panel, or in a longer timeframe than that page. Plus that whole "faster ways" thing.

Even if you assumed the whole feat happened over the span of the comic though it's still a ridiculous feat. Especially considering how it was put together, which honestly makes no sense. You ever try and fit something together that doesn't want to fit? That's when things get smashed and thrown.
Even if he just smashed everything together forcibly, he still had to carve out the moon features all around the entire thing. Feat just goes from impossible to half of impossible either way you look at it.

Whereas Flash was going under lightspeed. smile

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 04:50 PM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Damborgson
King of the Damboys

Originally posted by Galan007
Anywho, the thing that really impressed me about Superman's feat(other than how damn fast he did it) is that he rebuilt the moon complete with its previous craters and general topography, ffs:

That's really stupid tbh 😅

Right down to the craters, feel very pre crisis.

---------

I dont know the calls as mentioned, but solely off of the intensity of the situation and the time given to do the deed...I think Supermans feat is more impressive for the depth that it took to perform. Rebuilding and remembering an opposed to just finding and carrying. /shrug

Though Flash may have still moved faster.

-Abhi Killer- X2

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f105/t655309.html

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 04:53 PM
Damborgson is currently offline Click here to Send Damborgson a Private Message Find more posts by Damborgson Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by CosmicComet
The flash feat was calculated at like trillions of times ftl.

I think Philo gave a number akin to quintillioms of times ftl but I didn't see a calc with it.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:01 PM
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Phildo and I are preparing a document. It will win the Nobel prize.
It's roughly finished.

Are you people ready to have your mind blown?

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:35 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xJLxKing

Both are crazy feat

I like Supermans more butnyou can’t really put a number on it

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:45 PM
xJLxKing is currently offline Click here to Send xJLxKing a Private Message Find more posts by xJLxKing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CosmicComet

Originally posted by Philosophía
It's roughly finished.

Are you people ready to have your mind blown?

Dont keep teasing me.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:52 PM
CosmicComet is currently offline Click here to Send CosmicComet a Private Message Find more posts by CosmicComet Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Originally posted by CosmicComet
Dont keep teasing me.

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 05:59 PM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía

Bottom

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:00 PM
Philosophía

of the

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:00 PM
Philosophía

page

Old Post Oct 4th, 2018 06:01 PM